Sponsored by:

Advice please - trouble making an order

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 03:02 PM
Mudding
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Advice please - difficulty making an order

• I placed a deposit on a X in Feb-2021
  • Agreed in writing we would wait for MY2022 as it was only a few weeks away at the time
  • When MY2022 announced saw V8 which is what I now want (specifically Carpathian Edition)
  • For some reason, no one at Dealer or JLR Canada/North America can answer, only V8 appears in model guide and no Carpathian Edition mentioned for Canada
  • After numerous phone calls, emails, tweets, messaging on social media I cannot get anyone in JLR to answer when the Carpathian Edition is supposed to come here, if at all
  • Do I just give up and order a V8 instead?
  • Dealer offering to paint hood and tailgate and apply satin wrap for same price difference as US, but I feel like this is a “fake” and I will be furious if the official Carpathian Edition appears in a few months
  • Not in a rush, what would you do?

Last edited by russelldav; 04-10-2021 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-10-2021, 03:16 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 433 Likes on 202 Posts

Good things come to those who wait..

I waited 1 year + 1 week on my 90 P300s well worth the wait.

The following users liked this post:
russelldav (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 03:30 PM
Mudding
Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

I would also wait until you get firm information. If you paid deposit, I would get you money back as well. I really don’t get that there is no 2022 configurator yet.

The following users liked this post:
russelldav (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 03:34 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by TheMoke
I would also wait until you get firm information. If you paid deposit, I would get you money back as well. I really don’t get that there is no 2022 configurator yet.
I thought it better to leave deposit and save my place in line as I suspect if/when they are allocated there won’t be many and I would be one of the first hopefully, since I told them the day the V8 was released that’s what I wanted.

Old 04-11-2021, 06:55 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by russelldav
I thought it better to leave deposit and save my place in line as I suspect if/when they are allocated there won’t be many and I would be one of the first hopefully, since I told them the day the V8 was released that’s what I wanted.
I called Land Rover USA trying to inquire about some information about the new XS model, as there is conflicting information via what the order guide says, the official us press release says, and the dealers order system shows. They told me that they don't have the information yet on the my22 vehicles and have to go through the dealer. What a joke....

Old 04-11-2021, 11:07 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Moretti
I called Land Rover USA trying to inquire about some information about the new XS model, as there is conflicting information via what the order guide says, the official us press release says, and the dealers order system shows. They told me that they don't have the information yet on the my22 vehicles and have to go through the dealer. What a joke....
So frustrating, isn’t it?!

I have asked them who they can escalate this to and they say “no one”. I refuse to believe it. They must have a manager or point of contact in JLR HQ.

Old 04-12-2021, 01:26 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by russelldav
So frustrating, isn’t it?!

I have asked them who they can escalate this to and they say “no one”. I refuse to believe it. They must have a manager or point of contact in JLR HQ.
Agreed. I am in a similar boat as I wanted to swap into the XS model from the HSE model I had originally ordered at the beginning of February. Unfortunately as the XS model is new this year my dealer has chosen to go off one line in the order guide and make an interpretation that to me is not definite (That only the X and the V8 models have standard air suspension. The US press release for the my22 defenders states the new XS model has standard air suspension and its not listed as an option on the order guide as the HSE and lower reflect. ). As the order guide is not clear on the matter (stating specifically that the XS model has standard air suspension like it says the X and V8 do), I need someone high up enough who can confirm exactly what is needed to know.

Upon close inspection the order guide looks rushed and has some errors I am surprised would make final print. My sales rep is a nice guy to my face, but not everything he has told me has turned out to be true so far which leaves space for doubt.

In fairness to the dealer, I am a hyper detailed customer and I have been working very hard to make sure I get exactly what I want/order. I am trying to make sure everything is covered so that we don't have any mistakes that could have been avoided because the sales rep wasn't aware. Once the 22 configurator comes on it will probably solve the issue.

I realize as this point I am frustrated over a $1600 change on an 80k vehicle, but I have exceeded my original budget and was trying to save some grace by swapping into the XS from the HSE (which is more expensive some reason, although has less options). At this point my order build should have locked but I have not heard anything so I am guessing they have dropped me out from the order. Ive been waiting for the 22 configurator to go live to make the decision but have had no follow up from the dealer.

Old 04-12-2021, 03:25 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

I can confirm i've heard from my dealer that MY22 only has air suspension standard on X and V8 trims. X-Dynamic HSE and XS do not have air suspension standard.

Old 04-12-2021, 03:57 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by Ahparke
I can confirm i've heard from my dealer that MY22 only has air suspension standard on X and V8 trims. X-Dynamic HSE and XS do not have air suspension standard.
Its funny because my wife is in marketing and she works on both press releases and specification manuals. She says that the manuals go out with errors all the time. Basically no body looks over the details, and many of the manuals her clients use have nomenclature and word usage that is not common. She does not understand it but she will edit them for her clients.

She told me that press releases are typically highly scrutinized. Alot of eyes see it to sign off on it (this is what she tells me from her experience at least).

Here is the excerpt from the Land Rover US Press release

I emailed it to my sales rep who said there is a lot of bad info out there on non land rover sites. I had given him the link, which is https://media.landrover.com/en-us/ne...-editions-2022. I don't think he bothered to even look at the link since his reply implies it was some non land rover news source.

My second point is that in the order guide it shows N/A on the air suspension pack for the XS model. It says NA for X and the V8 models as well.

I get it, the press release might be wrong and the build guide might be wrong, its obviously possible. IMO its false advertising as no where do either of those two documents specifically state it does not have standard air suspension.

My dealer has made the determination based on this wording from the order guide

IMO that wording is confusing since the V8 model is new and is not remaining on anything; its being introduced having air suspension standard. Semantics, maybe, sure. This lack of clarity is why I reached out to JLR corporate who told me to go back to the dealer.

Old 04-12-2021, 04:10 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Yeah the order guide must have come out more recently than the press releases so i'd assume it's closer to final. My dealer made the same determination to me based on what is in the Trim Walks in the order guide.

Quick Reply: Advice please - trouble making an order