Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket parts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2020, 10:04 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Aftermarket parts?

Hey all - what aftermarket parts are you finding so far? I’m on the hunt for some decent rock sliders/running boards that are NOT OEM. Lucky 8 seems to have produced the first. Front runner has the racks. Tuffant has 18” wheels now. Luck 8 has the rear ladder. And a company in AUS is shipping bull bars. Anything else out there?

The following users liked this post:
DefenderSmitty (12-21-2020)
Old 12-21-2020, 04:00 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Hello, Thanks for the information. There is a company called Powerful UK which does a lot of great videos about the new Defender. They also sell some after market products and OEM as well at decent prices

I am looking for the front protection plate and running boards as well. Lucky 8's boards don't look very attractive but so far the only ones I have seen. The Bull Bar sounds interesting but at what price. LR OEM parts are simply outrageous......

Bdcrosswhite (12-21-2020)
Old 12-21-2020, 09:16 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by DefenderSmitty
Hello, Thanks for the information. There is a company called Powerful UK which does a lot of great videos about the new Defender. They also sell some after market products and OEM as well at decent prices

I am looking for the front protection plate and running boards as well. Lucky 8's boards don't look very attractive but so far the only ones I have seen. The Bull Bar sounds interesting but at what price. LR OEM parts are simply outrageous......
I completely agree on the outrageousness of the prices. And agree regarding lucky 8s running boards. Not quite what I’m going for...plus $1800 for them? Crazy.

The bull bar actually looks cools but I have no clue on price. Can’t envision it’s cheap because they’re shipping them from AUS. The Instagram page “newdefendermods” seems to be the place where they can coordinate price/shipping, but I’ve yet to inquire and it seems like quite a bit of work on the install. Pic of one below though...like it better than the OEM ones.

Old 12-21-2020, 02:12 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 102 Likes on 74 Posts

FWIW... the lucky8 stuff isn't a just step.... it's a rocker protector/ rock slider that you can rest the vehicle on offroad and prevent vehicle damage...

DefenderSmitty (12-21-2020)
Old 12-22-2020, 01:28 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

I got a quote from New Defender Mods for the Bull Bar. It was a total of $3900, including shipping, to get the bull bar and installation parts sent to the US from Australia. I passed.

Old 12-22-2020, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,505 Likes on 1,232 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasLandmark
FWIW... the lucky8 stuff isn't a just step.... it's a rocker protector/ rock slider that you can rest the vehicle on offroad and prevent vehicle damage...
If they are anything like the previous generations you can support the weight of the entire truck balanced on the Rock sliders they make. The are solid and cover all your expensive bits from damage underneath

Bdcrosswhite (12-22-2020)
Old 12-22-2020, 01:42 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Corgi_Express
I got a quote from New Defender Mods for the Bull Bar. It was a total of $3900, including shipping, to get the bull bar and installation parts sent to the US from Australia. I passed.
Yikes! Yeah I’ll be waiting on a US company to start producing those then. That’s entirely insane. I’ll be passing too!

Old 12-28-2020, 01:36 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I bought these, have yet to taken them to get them installed. Opened the box, parts feel like quality and look OEM. I will let you know when I get them installed. Local Land Rover dealership said to bring them by and let them see. Just haven't had time yet.

Amazon Amazon

I am also looking for a rear tire cover, have looked on ebay for knock off versions. Not pulled the trigger, want to make sure they are quality.

The following 2 users liked this post by USMC_Denver:
FzyPChz (12-29-2020), patpatriot6 (01-16-2021)
Old 12-28-2020, 06:14 PM
Mudding
Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

2005 2015 Nisan xterra shrockworks rock sliders are the same size for our defenders but we would have to modify the mounting holes. I’m working on a work around. The sliders are used 500 bucks and should be able to work!

Old 12-28-2020, 07:30 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC_Denver
I bought these, have yet to taken them to get them installed. Opened the box, parts feel like quality and look OEM. I will let you know when I get them installed. Local Land Rover dealership said to bring them by and let them see. Just haven't had time yet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am also looking for a rear tire cover, have looked on ebay for knock off versions. Not pulled the trigger, want to make sure they are quality.
I have seen these also, curious what the dealership tells you? I know the factory ones are pretty extensive and expensive to install. My dealer wants almost $1000 to install the factory ones, and that's if I buy from them.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket parts?