Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Application

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2022, 02:39 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 134 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Application

Hello, everyone here at the forum. I would like to ask for the recommendation of a lawyer from the LA area or San Diego to draw up a business contract between my European company and a company from California. I will be glad for your recommendation. Thank you in advance. e-mail: mopadzi@gmail.com-

Last edited by mopadzi; 03-22-2022 at 02:42 AM. Reason: highlighting
Old 03-22-2022, 01:27 PM
Mudding
Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

In NY, but might have an office in CA.

Dewey Cheatham & Howe LLP

The following users liked this post:
robn (03-22-2022)
Old 03-23-2022, 07:01 AM
Three Wheeling
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by charlypm
In NY, but might have an office in CA.

Dewey Cheatham & Howe LLP
Very Thaks

Old 03-23-2022, 12:17 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

When did Boyd get dropped from the partnership?

Old 03-23-2022, 12:31 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

@mopadzi - In the US there was an automotive talk show (pre-podcasts) where two mechanics (calling themselves "Click & Clack") gave auto repair advice. Either how to work on car problems or how to not get screwed by scummy repair shops. They ran for decades across the US. I suspect most of the folks on this thread grew up listening to them. Sadly one has passed away and the other is no longer doing the "show". They even had a nod in the animated picture "Lightning McQueen". At the end of the show they signed off that their sponsor was the law firm "Dewey Cheatham & Howe". Your Hungary (or was it Czech) translation is probably missing that this is the same sound as the English words for "Do We Cheat Them, How". An inside joke about how much people are frightened of being ripped off by repair shops.

That web site is brilliant as someone is trying to monetize off of it. Since you aren't US based, @charlypm 's attempt at humor might be lost on you. Don't bother trying to contact anyone on that site.

mopadzi (03-24-2022)
Old 03-24-2022, 06:08 AM
WMN
Three Wheeling
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
@mopadzi - In the US there was an automotive talk show (pre-podcasts) where two mechanics (calling themselves "Click & Clack") gave auto repair advice. Either how to work on car problems or how to not get screwed by scummy repair shops. They ran for decades across the US. I suspect most of the folks on this thread grew up listening to them. Sadly one has passed away and the other is no longer doing the "show". They even had a nod in the animated picture "Lightning McQueen". At the end of the show they signed off that their sponsor was the law firm "Dewey Cheatham & Howe". Your Hungary (or was it Czech) translation is probably missing that this is the same sound as the English words for "Do We Cheat Them, How". An inside joke about how much people are frightened of being ripped off by repair shops.

That web site is brilliant as someone is trying to monetize off of it. Since you aren't US based, @charlypm 's attempt at humor might be lost on you. Don't bother trying to contact anyone on that site.

Sonja Henie's tutu!!

GrouseK9 (03-24-2022)
Old 03-24-2022, 07:22 AM
Winching
Received 653 Likes on 318 Posts

Having been a Three Stooges fan, I believe the truest take on ‘Dewey, Cheatam, & Howe is: “Do we cheat them? And how!” With the ‘And how! part being the same as ‘hell yeah!

The following 2 users liked this post by WTFChuck:
GrouseK9 (03-24-2022), mopadzi (03-24-2022)
Old 03-24-2022, 08:07 AM
Three Wheeling
Thumbs up

Grousek9 Thank you for notifying me. The show must have been fun and I would certainly have enjoyed it as much as anything related to cars.
Humor I understand too, on the forum www.czechlandroverforum.cz similar pranks are standard, especially for new members. That's why I understand and take it with a smile. I have been one of the first members on the Czech forum since 2007. The community has over 5000 members, but there are about 500 active members. Our Czech forum is also common to the Slovak Republic, which does not have its forum for Land Rover. We still have a lot of common things, despite the fact that in 1993 the common Czechoslovak Republic was split up for political reasons. Customs offices at the border were erected, etc. then all of Central Europe entered the Shengen area in free movement and everything was cancelled again. Today we can travel and bring goods freely throughout the EU. Of course, outside Ukraine, Moldova and the European part of Russia and newly Great Britain, which left the EU two years ago. So we have a similar situation now as with you. But free movement in each state has slightly different rules and laws and each state has a different official language but English is the dominant official language. Which is good and the children and grandchildren already speak more or less English at a very good level. Grousek9 thank you again for notifying me. The market in the USA is new for me and I am happy for any advice.

GrouseK9 (03-24-2022)
Old 03-24-2022, 08:19 AM
Three Wheeling

I'll digress a bit. Last week I was in England for 10 days at www.ministryofdefender.co.uk where they fitted a Defender 130 300Tdi 2.8 camper air conditioner into one of my cars. They have a great idea. The air conditioning from them doesn't interfere with the cabin space of the car as an original solution from Lan Rover. It took four days to assemble and Jonathan did a great job. I can only recommend. He sends the whole kit, so if anyone is interested, it's no problem to order from him on the web.
Here in the link my car on their Facebook page:
Facebook Post
I hope you don't mind this post of mine not directly related to this thread.

Last edited by mopadzi; 03-24-2022 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-04-2022, 08:56 AM
Three Wheeling

Please let the colleague who has contacted me here for help with my business do so again. I have sent an email to the address provided, but so far unfortunately no reply. Thank you very much.

Quick Reply: Application