2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Avoid Supertweaks at all costs

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2022, 12:55 AM
LR Forum Vendor
Received 110 Likes on 84 Posts

I’m sorry but Simon and Powerful Uk are outstanding. They taught me to be able to open up all of the hidden programming and were a huge help with adding the locking differential along with LR Retrofits Mo. Simon, Mo, and Robin of Duckworth are honorable trustworthy guys with a passion for our trucks. I respectfully disagree and Simons YouTube videos are amazing. I will pay any administrative fees to support such nice guys.

Btw I’ve been buying stuff from Simon/powerful uk for 12 years, probably 20k in product and not one issue!

Simon and Powerful Uk has the courage to be leaders and trailblazers in our industry and without them, the 20+ customers who added the advanced off road pack and adaptive cruise control wouldn’t be enjoying elite features hidden in our trucks. True leaders, Trail Blaze, cowards complain.

Mark

The following 4 users liked this post by markjlr:
GrouseK9 (03-18-2022), Huc (10-29-2022), mopadzi (03-21-2022), WTFChuck (03-18-2022)
Old 03-18-2022, 07:58 AM
WMN
Three Wheeling
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Mechano2020
@GavinC
Quoting with comments :
I'd say it's a major pain in the **** trying to keep the VAT return in order for the small percentage of non-UK purchases.
*** There is software for that
I'd say like most retailers in UK and Ireland they use a flat rate of VAT for their sales. It's just not worth their while to jump through all the hoops to withhold the VAT from their return.
*** None of the UK retailers from which I am buying are charging VAT on exports to the States ( not even Supertweaks !!!)
When an angry yank emails them about VAT they just want the easiest solution and call it an admin fee.
*** Oh goodie ! More dineros for them
(They're paying the VAT to the UK government as without collating all the BS paperwork they've no option). Call it whatever you want. Old John Bull is getting his slice of the action, not Simon and co.
*** Not true: this is called "VAT claw back" - they claim VAT return later form HMRC, for an export, so in short you just paid 20% more to Simon.

My guess is most US customers aren't going out of their way to report the duty and/or sales tax in their home state on UK purchases. Maybe nothing is due. Maybe it is. Maybe I do a disservice to the honest posters in the thread who've paid Uncle Sam his bit on their PowerfulUK purchases.
*** Uncle Sam gets didly-squat from UK on the VAT paid to an UK company. There is no mechanism in place for that. On some items from UK (based on value) I am paying duty, on some, not. Not my call.
My ethics leave a lot to be desired.

Again, I appreciate his entrepreneurial style, just not his BS.
Something similar from SuperTweaks:

Product Name

Quantity

Unit Price

Total

[img]file:///C:/Users/whmne/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/03/clip_image001.jpg[/img]Range Rover Evoque (2011-14) - Dynamic Sweep Indicators (Smoked)

£80.00

£80.00

Sub-Total:

£66.67

Flat Shipping Rate:

£5.00

VAT 20%:

£14.33

Total:

£86.00

Old 03-18-2022, 08:43 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

To support that, @markjlr I think they provide the Land Rover community an invaluable resource: their videos. Absolutely it is marketing their product and the vast number of people who watch them then go to the cheapest provider. Me, he won my business. I will always do business with great customer service companies. Finally, I too am a small business owner. There are a lot of technology tools that I have little capability, ability, desire, or knowledge about how to configure, code or change to handle every customer situation. Not updating this on his ecommerce site (which is some tech that they subscribe to rather than built) is absolutely something I would do. Not every company has a captive IT team dedicated to online shopping, nor do all the tools have the same features. Not handling it but still giving me a cheap(er than competitors) - I'm ok with it.

Totally respect those that don't want to give them their business for it. I love using my purchase choices to underscore my other beliefs. So it is the RIGHT thing to do. But I would go all in: quit watching his videos and quit reading his instructions or other aids in putting it all together.

Oh, can we go back to bashing SuperTweaks? I think we all have complete consensus on that one!

Last edited by GrouseK9; 03-18-2022 at 08:46 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by GrouseK9:
Huc (10-29-2022), markjlr (03-20-2022)
Old 03-18-2022, 08:54 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by markjlr
True leaders, Trail Blaze, cowards complain.

Mark
Geez .... try decaf man .... Cowards ?
Did you copy that from somewhere or you came up with it all by yourself ?

Read above - I respect his technical abilities and videos - I stated that.
Just read before posting.
Way too touchy about my observations and opinions. I wonder why....
I still believe in what I said, no matter what.

Old 03-18-2022, 07:40 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
To support that, @markjlr I think they provide the Land Rover community an invaluable resource: their videos. Absolutely it is marketing their product and the vast number of people who watch them then go to the cheapest provider. Me, he won my business. I will always do business with great customer service companies. Finally, I too am a small business owner. There are a lot of technology tools that I have little capability, ability, desire, or knowledge about how to configure, code or change to handle every customer situation. Not updating this on his ecommerce site (which is some tech that they subscribe to rather than built) is absolutely something I would do. Not every company has a captive IT team dedicated to online shopping, nor do all the tools have the same features. Not handling it but still giving me a cheap(er than competitors) - I'm ok with it.

Totally respect those that don't want to give them their business for it. I love using my purchase choices to underscore my other beliefs. So it is the RIGHT thing to do. But I would go all in: quit watching his videos and quit reading his instructions or other aids in putting it all together.

Oh, can we go back to bashing SuperTweaks? I think we all have complete consensus on that one!
Strongly agree!

Just, for one foul second, imagine where we would be without Simon. His time is not free you cheap ba$tards.

Who here eats at a restaurant and doesn't drop a 20% tip without thinking twice about it? Simon is certainly better than a lot of servers I've had. That's for damn sure.

Oh, and F SuperTweaks.

The following 7 users liked this post by _Allegedly:
GavinC (03-19-2022), GrouseK9 (03-18-2022), gurka01 (10-29-2022), markjlr (03-20-2022), SATMAN13 (10-29-2022), user 729788 (03-18-2022), WTFChuck (03-19-2022) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-29-2022, 03:32 AM
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never ever hand your money over to super tweaks. Family of scammers. TAL JHONATHON WEBB. DAVID WEBB. DAVID WILLIAM WEBB. (FATHER) THRY HAVEVAN ASSISTANT NAMED SAM...THE ABUSE WEVE RECIEVED FROM THAT COMPANY IS UNBELIEVABLE...THEY SEND OUT SMALL ITEMS BUT THE BIG STUFF. THE EXPDNSIVE STUFF. YOULL NEBER SEE YOUR MONEY AGAIN..ITLL STAYBIN PENDING FOREVER UNTIL YOU COMPLAIN THEN THEY GET ASSY WITH YOU....TELL YOU TOO GO AWAY IF YOUR LUCKY...MOST DONT EVEN GET A REPLY. THEY LIVE AT 22 GLEBE CRESCENT LONDON. FAMILY OF SCAMMERS. THEY ALSO OWN TWEAKED AUTOMOTIVE. SAME STORY DIFFERENT BANNER. SAME PROBLEMS SAME CON. YOURE DEALING WITH ABSOLUTE HUMAN SEWAGE WITH THIS FAMILY.THE MESSAGES WEVE HAD FROM DAVID WEBB AND JHONATHON WEBB WOULD MAKE A DELINQUENT BLUSH. FROM ABUSING THE APPEARANCE OF THE CUSTOMER TO THE PROPERTY THE ADDRESS IS LINKED TOO...THEYRE FERAL. DELINQUENTS IN CHARGE OF A BUSINESS...ITS A COMPLETE CON...THEY ACTUALLY FORGED AN INVOICE IN OUR CASE. AS PROOF THEY DELIVERED AN ITEM ...FORGED THE WHOLE INVOICE. FAKED GHE SIGNATURE THE LOT. WERE GOING TO COURT 100% THATS WHO YOUR DEALING WITH. DO NOT UNDERVANY CIRCUMSTANCES HAND THIS FAMILY OF CROOKS YOUR MONEY. YOULL NEVER SEE IT AGAIN. OR YOUR PRODUCT.

Old 10-29-2022, 03:58 AM
3rd Gear

Supertweaks is a scam company.They send small items out for face value...all the large items nobody recieves...They've been scamming folk for a long time...2011 the company was set up. Johnathon webb David Webb. David Williams Webb. They live at 22 glebe crescent London. You'll never get your money back. They've actually forged invoices in our case...Full invoices with my signature. We're going to court...If anybodys got any similar experience...Get in touch.....They have another company same issues.Tweaked automotive...and xo investments. ..reviews are the same...rip off. Poor work. Problems. Bad attitude. Refunds don't arrive products never arrived
They rely on overseas customers because they haven't gotta leg to stand on with refunds.

Family of con artists and scammers....the emails we'd recieved from tal jhonathon Webb and David Webb would make a delinquent blush. They're absolute human sewage. Feral. Rats in charge of a business.

BEWARE. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Old 10-29-2022, 04:59 AM
Winching
Received 225 Likes on 162 Posts

I have had great experience ordering OEM parts and accessories from rimmerbrothers.com. Great prices and customer service.

The following users liked this post:
SATMAN13 (10-29-2022)
Old 10-29-2022, 09:42 AM
Mudding
Received 270 Likes on 108 Posts

I ordered wheel lock lug nuts from SuperTweaks (before seeing this thread) and received them in about a week (to the US) - no problems.
So I guess your mileage may vary.

https://www.supertweaks.com/land-rov...ts-4-pcs-black

Old 10-29-2022, 09:51 AM
3rd Gear

They send small items out. That's the con...try ordering something large....Have you seen the emails they sent us.Make a delinquent blush. Absolute family of crooks. Look at tweaked automotive. Same people different company banner. Same problems...just ripping people off. They actually forged a full invoice and signature of mine........sent nothing out. Nothing what so ever. Took the money. And then forged an invoice... ..never known a company to do that.These scumbags are unreal. Jhonathon webb. You see that name run for the hills. Career criminials con artists.Theyll be **** down soon because I'm taking to court and nailing them to the ***** wall.

The following users liked this post:
ficklma1 (10-30-2022)

Quick Reply: Avoid Supertweaks at all costs