Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best black side step on the market

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2022, 10:58 AM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default best black side step on the market

I am expecting my 2013 defender x to be delivered this summer, and I am in the market of a set of factory style side step with black trims.
There are few vendors that offers similar products, such as powerfulukltd, ndp, urban, vulkan , and not to mention amazon and ebay.
Most of the vendors are from the UK, I know I can't go wrong with stuffs from urban, but their shipping cost on the sidestep to NA is really killing the deal.
Could anyone recommend and vendors for it in term of great build quality and customer services from their experiences?
Thanks in advance!!!

Old 05-06-2022, 04:38 PM
Drifting
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I purchased a set of black side steps from NewDefenderParts.com (https://www.newdefenderparts.com/col...37342584373402) Shipping costs were not bad and arrive pretty fast - I had my dealer install them. I think they are fantastic and much prefer the black rails and steps to match the black package on my 110. Good luck in your search - I would highly recommend this option!

Old 05-06-2022, 07:04 PM
Overlanding
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DGINAZ
I purchased a set of black side steps from NewDefenderParts.com (https://www.newdefenderparts.com/col...37342584373402) Shipping costs were not bad and arrive pretty fast - I had my dealer install them. I think they are fantastic and much prefer the black rails and steps to match the black package on my 110. Good luck in your search - I would highly recommend this option!
I'm not the OP but I just picked up my 2023 V8 Carpathian and I think I need these side steps! I had seen that site but it's nice to hear from a fellow member.

Old 05-06-2022, 07:36 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the dealer installed them for you, I assume it's pretty much the same fitment as the factory.
I will be ordering one pretty soon.
Thx.

Old 05-06-2022, 08:51 PM
Overlanding
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the Union Jack steps too

The following users liked this post:
COWillie (05-09-2022)
Old 05-07-2022, 09:51 AM
Winching
Received 611 Likes on 291 Posts

Same here. Got mine from New Defender Parts and had the same experience, fast receipt and not too bad for shipping costs. Installed them myself in a couple of hours, easy job and saved big bucks in my pocket instead of handing them over to the dealer.

majl (05-08-2022)
Old 05-07-2022, 01:03 PM
ksw
4wd Low
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone have experience with the Snailfly steps on Amazon?
Amazon Amazon

Old 05-07-2022, 01:42 PM
Winching
Received 611 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by ksw
Anyone have experience with the Snailfly steps on Amazon? https://www.amazon.com/Snailfly-Runn...47888334&psc=1
Just checked out the Snailfly side steps and read the reviews. They appear to be of the same construction and quality as the other offerings, but at a lower price. The brackets and hardware look identical to the ones I purchased, and the reviews are all leaning positive. FYI: The ones I got from New Defender Parts came with replacement clips, as removing the rocker panel covers destroys some in the process, although after watching PowerfulUK’s vids of his installation it seems that his removal methods are a bit harsh, simply ripping the trim pieces off with brute force. I used patience and ‘gentle’ persuasion and managed to remove the panels while only breaking 4 clips. BUT, if you do purchase the Snailfly without the clips and go to the dealer for new ones, I can only imagine what price they will charge for minuscule bits of plastic. I bought the kit below from Amazon which has the clips needed, plus many other common retaining clips used on most vehicles in many applications. Saved me a trip when I broke a few clips removing the door card from my Porsche Boxster. And at that price, with the clip removal tool and hundreds of other common clips, it’s a bargain.

MattF (05-08-2022)
Old 05-08-2022, 11:22 AM
Drifting
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by WTFChuck
Same here. Got mine from New Defender Parts and had the same experience, fast receipt and not too bad for shipping costs. Installed them myself in a couple of hours, easy job and saved big bucks in my pocket instead of handing them over to the dealer.
Is that a black decal on the hood? LR part or aftermarket? Looks great!

Old 05-08-2022, 12:48 PM
Drifting
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey WTFChuck - I had planned to install my New Defender Parts side steps, but I the dealer has just installed my classic mud flaps and to install the, you have to remove the front mud flaps and I just didn't have the space and time to do it myself. With regards to the fitment, then bolt on exactly like the factory side steps - as a matter of fact, the dealer thought they were factory units! I really enjoy mine!

Quick Reply: best black side step on the market