2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand New 2023 Defender S 110 Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2023 | 10:32 AM
|
Three Wheeling

So I was wrong - a helpful Forum member pointed out that all US models of the Defender have PIVI Pro, and explained how the reset process will not work unless the car is parked (so no doing it on the fly after you are already driving. . . ). So far, the issue has not returned, but I am know I jinxing myself in saying that!

Last edited by NedZeppelin; 01-04-2023 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Fixed dumb spelling
Old 01-05-2023 | 08:09 AM
Rock Crawling

2. Creaks. There is a "crinkly creak" noise coming from around the driver's side window, when you hit bumps, especially at higher speeds. You can replicate it by pressing down on the soft surfaces above and around the window. Just annoying and odd to me. any ideas?

I have the same creak sounds coming from my brand new Defender 90 windows when they are slightly open and I hit certain road imperfections. Not sure where in the window frame the sound is coming from, it's all rubber moulding......

The following users liked this post:
jusmax88 (01-05-2023)
Old 01-05-2023 | 03:33 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Yesss same putting windows down then up seems to calm it for a while. I must be getting used to it or maybe it is settling down since I am not noticing it as much.

The following users liked this post:
jusmax88 (01-05-2023)
Old 01-05-2023 | 04:35 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by NedZeppelin
Yesss same putting windows down then up seems to calm it for a while. I must be getting used to it or maybe it is settling down since I am not noticing it as much.
I also had the same crinkly sound. It sounds like crushing up a dried leaf. I narrowed it down to an imperfectly installed shelf (storage area) to the left of the steering wheel. For me, if I pressed down on that shelf (storage area) the sound went away, until I hit another bump or it wiggled itself lose. When my vehicle was in for something else I had the service team look at it. They removed the shelf and reinstalled which seems to have resolved the issue.

Old 01-06-2023 | 05:24 AM
|
Three Wheeling

I will check that out!

Old 01-13-2023 | 08:23 AM
|
Three Wheeling

Reporting in. I successfully downloaded 3.3.0 (parked about 50 feet from my house and the vehicle successfully connected to my home WiFi.). I noticed yesterday a new buzz in the front driver side Meridian speaker, the small one at steering wheel height and this am the sound was goofed up again (loudness not there, sound thin), bummer, after probably a week or more without any issues. Tried a restart at a traffic light (put in park, reset button) but this was not successful. Other than that I haven’t noticed any issues with the new software - yet.

Old 01-15-2023 | 08:06 AM
|
Three Wheeling

Issue with sound system again fixed by a “cold” reboot (parked, press sound button down for +/- 15 seconds until it screen goes black and begins restart.) When it finished, I didn’t check it, just turned off, left vehicle, and went in. I give these details for these who may be experiencing the sound problem. The Meridian speaker buzz (driver side, steering wheel height on the door) is gone.

Old 01-17-2023 | 01:31 PM
Drifting

I also have had speaker issues since day one. Speakers on one side of the car will randomly not be working when I start the car and then will randomly start working again. The frequency has definitely decreased since I have owned the vehicle, but it still happens. The dealership ordered a new amp over the summer which was just delivered, so I will probably drop it off when I am out of town in Feb to have it installed. I have been wanting to upgrade the speakers, but I didn't want them to deny a warranty claim for having aftermarket speakers so I have been putting off the upgrade until the issue is resolved. W'ell see what happens

Edit to add: 2023 D90 with the standard speakers - not surround.

Old 01-17-2023 | 02:53 PM
Three Wheeling

@NedZeppelin when I got my MY23 P300S it left the dealership floor with an Amp issue, when I turned around and drove it back, the Head Technician said it had gone through their PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) but no one had checked AMP firmware. They did kick a new firmware to it and it resolved some of the issues (half the channels were inactive, the channels were flipped where right was on left and left was on right, etc). We took note that the amp had an issue and mentioned if issues persist they'll order a new one. This fixed it for about the first 2 weeks, where it eventually shut off all speakers but the from tweeters.

Took the car into LR and we immediately opened a ticket with LR Technical on the East Coast. Diagnosed that the Amp was effectively DOA (Dead on Arrival) and they shipped a new one. Took about a week of troubleshooting for the tech to finally get the OK to ship the new Amp. That one, again, was shipped with incompatible Firmware for the Pivi Pro OS Version the car was on. They upgraded the Firmware, and now it's been rock solid.

While the stereo WORKS, I am less than impressed by the audio quality of the Non-Surround Merridian system. To get decent volume out of it, I have to crank it up to at least 20 Volume, and lows completely overpower Mid/High with The Subwoofer EQ +/= +2. They really should offer you better tuning capabilities for various frequencies, and upgrading the Amp to aftermarket is invasive since a lot of the systems AFAIK communicate with the amp.

Old 01-17-2023 | 06:14 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Defend 1: No fix with the reboot method? I can’t say I have the problem to the extent you are reporting, although I believe you.

Quick Reply: Brand New 2023 Defender S 110 Issues