Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Build Sheet - HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2023, 04:51 PM
Drifting
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Build Sheet - HELP!

Hi Everyone, I got my build sheet for my order at the LR dealer (attached), and I now have A LOT of questions. Can anyone help shed some light on this?

Does anyone have an idea of what all of the codes mean? Or better yet a list? Some of them I can map to options and packages, but some are a total mystery.

Am I able to order anything that's on here even if it's not on the build site?

There are some things that I would assume are included, but are listed as "LESS" such as "033LV - Rear Seat Recline" (I'm getting a 110 without a 3rd row.) and "086NA - Rear Pre-Crash"

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
4365_001.pdf (256.2 KB, 137 views)

Last edited by M.C. Shirt; 01-19-2023 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-19-2023, 05:02 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The simple answer is just to look at page 2 and ignore the rest.

If you find a way to deciper the permutations (it's not just binary on/off values - some have multiple eligible selections and others are only available/work together with other codes) please do share :-)

Old 01-19-2023, 05:14 PM
Mudding
Received 106 Likes on 69 Posts

If it says "less" then your build does not have it. You should have some time (build close date) to discuss all the less's with your sales person and add them to your build. it would be interesting to see the build sheet for like the Carpathian Edition or the 007 edition and see what less's they have. Can someone even get a defender with no less's?

Last edited by SilverSFR; 01-19-2023 at 05:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MattF (01-20-2023)
Old 01-19-2023, 05:37 PM
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had asked my dealer when I got my build sheet. It’s apparently the universal build sheet used worldwide, so some of the LESS’ are region specific. Eg Blind Spot Assist Pack (017WA) and Blind Spot Assist (086GM). The latter is for US builds

The following users liked this post:
MattF (01-20-2023)
Old 01-20-2023, 01:18 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by M.C. Shirt
Hi Everyone, I got my build sheet for my order at the LR dealer (attached)
Nice

What is 068AC Special Build Requirement?

What is 153BC Engine Cooling Extra? On a tangent, I came into possession of a build sheet for a German manufacturer's car once - and was quite surprised to find out that it contained "oversized air conditioning" - very appropriate for the location, but completely absent from any build tools whatsoever, it was totally invisible. I wonder if this is one of those things.

Old 01-20-2023, 06:44 AM
Winching
Received 592 Likes on 306 Posts

Mount Kisco Land Rover - same place I purchased mine.

Agree with everything above. Once your truck is allocated and scheduled to be built you'll get a more up to date build sheet. That will represent the final configuration of the truck. At this stage of the process you can still make changes to the configuration etc.

Nice spec!

Old 01-20-2023, 09:04 AM
Drifting

Thanks for the help. Dallar is correct in that it looks to be the global build sheet. I poked around on the UK build site and it had things on the build sheet that aren't available in the USA like the Drive Assist Pack that includes blind spot warning and emergency braking which come standard in the USA. It also has Baidu Carlife on it which is a Chinese alternative to CarPlay and Android Auto (thanks Google). That is definitely not an option in the USA.

Old 01-20-2023, 09:26 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,252 Likes on 672 Posts

Not to tell you how to order your truck but one note on the country pack. It includes the "full height cargo guard" (basically dog guard). Although the photo here shows the half height guard (just the top portion and it has the pass thru on the bottom). https://www.landroverusa.com/vehicle...ntry-pack.html
I had this similar full height guard on my old RRS and switched to the "half height cargo guard " with the defender since I wanted to put the seats down and slide stuff under it, with the full height you don't really have much more than a little hatch hole to slide things thru. When I had the full height I was always having to take it in and out of the Rover, which is annoying fiddly and I always scratch up something doing it. Anyway,I have been pleasantly pleased with how much much more usable / functional half height one is and have never in a year taken it out of the Defender.

Might be worth checking into.

I also think the country pack is a bit overpriced at 2k.

Old 01-20-2023, 09:46 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

Same here. I got the 1/2 height because it is more versatile for me & the way I use the Defender. Normally with seat up, everything isolated. If I REALLY need to pack a lot in there, seats down and it allows me to "sprawl". Big fan of the 1/2 height, not of the full height. Ymmv.

Old 01-20-2023, 12:55 PM
Drifting

Thanks for your input nashvegas and GrousK9. The sad thing is that I really only want the mud flaps, floor/cargo mats, and wheel arch protection. I'm sure it comes as no surprise, but it was actually a couple hundred bucks cheaper to add the Country Pack when you take into account packages versus a la carte accessories with markups, and labor for installation.

I'm actually going to be asking them to pull out the cargo guard. I don't need or want it.

Trust me - I ran the numbers every which way. I could probably save money ordering those 3 items online and installing them myself. While I could probably install the wheel arch protection, I draw the line a drilling and such that the mudflaps require. I'm not handy at all, and I don't have a good flat place to jack up the car to take the wheels off which would be required for the rear flaps.

It's really a bummer how you're stuck with the accessory packages over being able order things a la carte, and if you do want items a la carte, you're at the mercy the dealers if you don't want to DIY.

Quick Reply: Build Sheet - HELP!