Sponsored by:

Caliper Color

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2022, 01:53 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

PPF almost done

The following 3 users liked this post by EMV007:
GrouseK9 (05-28-2022), IBarelyKnowEr (12-14-2023), Slates (05-28-2022)
Old 05-28-2022, 07:30 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great! I’m considering this myself. Debating whether to stay with glossy black or go with satin 🤔

Old 05-28-2022, 08:00 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by rangebros
Looks great! I’m considering this myself. Debating whether to stay with glossy black or go with satin 🤔
The pictures doesn’t do justice, it looks so much better in person ! Since I had several glossy Black cars over last few years, it was an easy decision for me.
Gloss Black is also very nice and you can’t go wrong if that’s what you choose.

Old 05-28-2022, 08:23 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by EMV007
The pictures doesn’t do justice, it looks so much better in person ! Since I had several glossy Black cars over last few years, it was an easy decision for me.
Gloss Black is also very nice and you can’t go wrong if that’s what you choose.
How’s the maintenance with the satin PPF? Do you have to be extra careful or is it the same as gloss?

Old 05-29-2022, 10:40 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow the satin wrap looks great - how close does it match OEM Carpathian gray? Do you know the vinyl brand and color used? Seriously considering the same approach...

Old 05-29-2022, 11:09 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by AlanNN
Wow the satin wrap looks great - how close does it match OEM Carpathian gray? Do you know the vinyl brand and color used? Seriously considering the same approach...
Glad you like it !
It’s similar to the CA but yet different since the color underneath the film, is Black.

To be exactly like the OEM,your car needs to be Carpathian gloss and once applying the satin film it will give the exact same finish.
This is not a wrap but a protection film.

When I saw a car wrap satin Black next to one that was PPF I didn’t hesitate a second even though it was more money. Love the shine that you get with PPF.

Old 05-29-2022, 11:36 AM
Drifting

Please post more pics when you can. Thanks!

Old 05-29-2022, 12:20 PM
Winching
Received 161 Likes on 114 Posts

to properly paint calipers they need to be removed and ideally powder coated. but that is a much more extensive job requiring a brake bleed etc.

there is a lot of rumors/info about the true v8 blue calipers. many say they are anodized and why it’s very difficult to replicate. supposedly the reason why the rear calipers weren’t the same color. different manufacture and they could not replicate the color.

the reason all new v8 have black calipers front and back

if you have seen them in person you will understand.

i would ideally like mine to match but the wrong blue would bother me more than having black. And not a big fan of making some some 1 piston calipers stand out.

Old 05-29-2022, 12:48 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Ehloo
to properly paint calipers they need to be removed and ideally powder coated. but that is a much more extensive job requiring a brake bleed etc.

there is a lot of rumors/info about the true v8 blue calipers. many say they are anodized and why it’s very difficult to replicate. supposedly the reason why the rear calipers weren’t the same color. different manufacture and they could not replicate the color.

the reason all new v8 have black calipers front and back

if you have seen them in person you will understand.

i would ideally like mine to match but the wrong blue would bother me more than having black. And not a big fan of making some some 1 piston calipers stand out.
Powder coated could come with issues if not done 100% right. Heard few nightmares stories. I know lots of guys that got them properly painted with no issues. I guess it all depends who’s doing the job.

According to my dealer, the reason why the rear and front calipers were different is because LR used two different companies. But who knows!

Having a different shade of Blue for the rear, would drive me crazy as well. However some companies can exactly match the paint just with a picture, using a software.
The reason mine didn’t come out 100% like yours is because they choosed the Range Rover Xenon Blue Mica color code instead of the Land Rover Defender Xenon Blue.

Old 05-29-2022, 12:54 PM
Winching
Received 161 Likes on 114 Posts

love to see what the redo looks like. that would confirm the anodized/paint rumor

Originally Posted by EMV007
Powder coated could come with issues if not done 100% right. Heard few nightmares stories. I know lots of guys that got them properly painted with no issues. I guess it all depends who’s doing the job.

According to my dealer, the reason why the rear and front calipers were different is because LR used two different companies. But who knows!

Having a different shade of Blue for the rear, would drive me crazy as well. However some companies can exactly match the paint just with a picture, using a software.
The reason mine didn’t come out 100% like yours is because they choosed the Range Rover Xenon Blue Mica color code instead of the Land Rover Defender Xenon Blue.