Sponsored by:

Complimentary Off-Road Experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2022, 05:25 PM
MML
4wd Low
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Complimentary Off-Road Experience

Hi everyone, I am from Canada and I saw on LR website (bottom of https://www.landrover.ca/en/ownershi...-warranty.html) that every owner can get a complimentary off-road experience. I asked the dealer but obviously they had never heard about this owner benefit. Just check if anyone know how to I get it?

The following users liked this post:
Royalist (08-06-2022)
Old 08-01-2022, 10:31 PM
Drifting
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I would imagine you just call and book it, and let them know you have a Defender (probably verify with a VIN). Unless it's close to you in Quebec, it could be tough to use it from Canada (I'm in Calgary). I happened to stay at Quail Lodge and did their 1 hour "tour" way before I ever had a Land Rover and had a blast. The one in California is near Carmel and you can't easily fly there either. You need to fly to SFO and drive for 2 hours to get there. If you can plan a nice vacation where you tack on this free perk, I could see it being worth it. That area is amazing - incredible scenery and the golf world-class (and the green fees to match).

MML (08-01-2022)
Old 08-02-2022, 10:21 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 216 Likes on 110 Posts

I got an email from LandroverUSA with the subj: "Your complimentary Land Rover Experience". The guidance was to contact one of the Experience Centers by email or phone to make your reservation and have your VIN on hand. Your complimentary two hour experience is available to you within 12 months after your purchase date. The only centers listed were the 3 US centers. Not sure if this offer is for all owners or only US owners.

The following 2 users liked this post by POPTOPP:
MattF (08-02-2022), MML (08-02-2022)
Old 08-03-2022, 12:51 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,244 Likes on 741 Posts

My e-mail came several weeks (months?) after I purchased it. As others have noted, just contact them re: the date you would like to visit them and they can look up the ownership. Enjoy!

Old 11-30-2022, 02:11 PM
Drifting
Received 72 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi All...

Wanting to bring this back around to see what anyone's experience was at the "experience", what was included and if I never receive the sacred letter or email if in fact contacting the center directly is all you need to do (with VIN) and they will hook you up. I am targeting the center at the Biltmore estate, and curious if anyone has had experience with their "experience"

Additionally, I know that these centers have "Owners Days" and there were 3 in 2022. My dealer has zero clue about the 2023 dates/locations, but was wondering if any one out there in Defender-Land had any insight

The following 2 users liked this post by EyeJayEhh:
DrPizz (11-30-2022), jusmax88 (11-30-2022)
Old 11-30-2022, 05:19 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,382 Likes on 683 Posts

Originally Posted by EyeJayEhh
Hi All...

Wanting to bring this back around to see what anyone's experience was at the "experience", what was included and if I never receive the sacred letter or email if in fact contacting the center directly is all you need to do (with VIN) and they will hook you up. I am targeting the center at the Biltmore estate, and curious if anyone has had experience with their "experience"

Additionally, I know that these centers have "Owners Days" and there were 3 in 2022. My dealer has zero clue about the 2023 dates/locations, but was wondering if any one out there in Defender-Land had any insight
I did Asheville almost exactly a year ago. This is a great time, by the way, because the forests are so dense in the southeast that you can’t see much of anything during leaf season, but once the trees have shed, things open up a lot and you don’t feel so hemmed in.

They have ninety miles of trail at Asheville; my recommendation is to apply your free 2-hour course to a full-day course. You will probably be sorely disappointed to head home after the first two hours. I came from an extensive off-roading background in Jeeps, both the muddy trails of the east and a lot of time in Moab and the Mojave. But the new Defender is a totally different beast, and having an instructor explain every off-roading feature to you and then have you experience it in real-time as he walks alongside the truck (at least that’s what they were doing last year due to Covid; he went out in a Disco and I had a 110, and at every “element” on the course he would walk alongside while I had the window down.)

Anyway, money VERY well spent. You do have to buy a ticket to the Biltmore Estate, even if you only want to do the LR Experience, so plan to visit if you have never done so. Being from Atlanta I’ve been many times.

The following 3 users liked this post by NoGaBiker:
EyeJayEhh (12-01-2022), Jiman01 (11-30-2022), MattF (11-30-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 06:05 AM
WMN
Three Wheeling
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by EyeJayEhh
Hi All...

You can go to the Website. It has pretty much everything about all the centers.

Easy to upgrade from 2-day to any of the other offerings.

Everyone I've dealt with there is super nice and very knowledgeable.

https://experience.landroverusa.com/

https://experience.landroverusa.com/...ina/index.html

NORTH CAROLINA OWNER'S DAYS

Throughout the year, we're proud to feature exclusive Owner's Day events at Biltmore Land Rover Experience. Unique from typical Experience Center experiences, these events encourage owners to bring and drive their own vehicle, and spend the day with other Land Rover owners.

Duration: 6 hours

Vehicle for up to 2 guests : $ 450

2022 Days:
March 27th
June 12th
August 28th

EyeJayEhh (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 06:41 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,244 Likes on 741 Posts

I just took a look. Since I'm in Texas and the options are California or NC, I've not been too hyped to go. But the thread got me interested. So I took a look at the links. What's the diff between the Heritage and Adventure versions of the 1/2 day and full day? Do you get to pick which Land Rover product? I'd be less excited if I had to drive a different model, even though they likely have similar tech in them.

Old 12-01-2022, 07:47 AM
Drifting
Received 72 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
I did Asheville almost exactly a year ago. This is a great time, by the way, because the forests are so dense in the southeast that you can’t see much of anything during leaf season, but once the trees have shed, things open up a lot and you don’t feel so hemmed in.

They have ninety miles of trail at Asheville; my recommendation is to apply your free 2-hour course to a full-day course. You will probably be sorely disappointed to head home after the first two hours. I came from an extensive off-roading background in Jeeps, both the muddy trails of the east and a lot of time in Moab and the Mojave. But the new Defender is a totally different beast, and having an instructor explain every off-roading feature to you and then have you experience it in real-time as he walks alongside the truck (at least that’s what they were doing last year due to Covid; he went out in a Disco and I had a 110, and at every “element” on the course he would walk alongside while I had the window down.)

Anyway, money VERY well spent. You do have to buy a ticket to the Biltmore Estate, even if you only want to do the LR Experience, so plan to visit if you have never done so. Being from Atlanta I’ve been many times.
Thanks so much for the detailed response.....sounds like you could get a sales job with them pretty easy because I am sold. We are planning on doing the whole Blue Ridge Parkway next year, (north to south) and wanted to make this a stop on the way as Ashville is right there. We are pretty fired up about the full day, and have read that sometimes the "owners days" get pretty jammed up with folks, so we may just avoid that all together.

I had been all over the experience website and appreciate you putting it up for the group....its kind of hidden on LR main site, so this is a good resource.

I have sent an email off to the LR center there at the Biltmore, and will see what they say...but it looks like a full day there is in our future plans. Any other input would also be graciously accepted.

Old 12-01-2022, 10:49 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,382 Likes on 683 Posts

Good plan! I don't know how it is now, but the day I went was a weekday, don't remember which, and I was the only student. 90 miles of trails, one student, pretty good ratio!

Grouse, I just told them I wanted a 110 with full off-road packs (I don't even remember what they're all called now, but I have everything on mine and wanted everything on the truck I was learning on.) I got a P300, but other than that it was pretty much identical to mine mechanically. I don't know how many Defenders they have, but they also have Discos and RRs, and maybe they have one of everything.

The cat who did my training, Ben Wooten, is the former head of the Asheville Experience, but went out on his own and started Classic 4x4 Instruction. He does that on two different sites, in VA and NC. But JLR calls him back for, according to him, "overflow situations, or when they have a particularly experienced customer coming in who wants to go right to the advanced traction part of the course, and not spend time on the Intro To Offroad Driving part."

I say this to a) recommend Ben highly for any LRE course if he's available. I would ask specifically for him if I was signing up. And b) recommend Ben independent of the Land Rover Experience to anyone who wants to take it to the next level after their LRE day, and c) to recommend that you be very thorough in explaining your level of experience accurately in an email when you are signing up, along with what you believe you want to cover. If you are newer to off-roading, tell them of exactly how much and what type experience you have. Ditto if you've been at it a long time. It sounds like they try to tailor the experience to your needs, at least if it's a time when they have the band-width to be selective.

For anyone who wants private instruction with Ben I'll pass along his contact so you can talk with him and see if he would be a good fit: Classic 4x4 Offroad Instruction No affiliation whatsoever other than an endorsement of his abilities as a teacher.

Cheers!

Last edited by NoGaBiker; 12-01-2022 at 10:54 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by NoGaBiker:
EyeJayEhh (12-01-2022), GrouseK9 (12-01-2022), MattF (12-01-2022)

Quick Reply: Complimentary Off-Road Experience