Sponsored by:

Concealed Handgun Storage

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 07:20 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Concealed Handgun Storage

Braintrust,

Has anyone come up with a solution or had success with installing a concealed and secure lockbox or other method for storing a handgun in the Defender?

Thanks.

Old 02-09-2022, 10:32 AM
Mudding
Received 90 Likes on 51 Posts

I decided on a shoulder holster a while back. It's the quickest access to your pistol while driving. Do you mean just something to store it in the event you have to go somewhere that forbids firearms?

X-

Old 02-09-2022, 10:40 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Xploit
I decided on a shoulder holster a while back. It's the quickest access to your pistol while driving. Do you mean just something to store it in the event you have to go somewhere that forbids firearms?

X-
Correct...secure temporary vehicle storage.

Old 02-09-2022, 10:49 AM
Mudding
Received 90 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig_RRS2013
Correct...secure temporary vehicle storage.

My Defender wont arrive till later this month, but what about using the glove box and locking it? At least in Chicago, if they get inside your vehicle, they are taking it.

This probably won't fit in the GB

Last edited by Xploit; 02-09-2022 at 10:52 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Xploit:
dj200 (02-09-2022), TestnDoc (02-10-2022)
Old 02-09-2022, 11:16 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

I have seen a lot of good comments about these guys (note: I did not bought from them yet, and not getting compensated in any way). Apparently they would custom make cases, but again, not 100% sure. I am thinking that I may built one myself, for the center console. Also, working in having an integrated camera, so if some one breaks in, and gets to the case, is too late. Their face is on the cloud already.

Old 02-09-2022, 12:52 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

I used to tell my friends & relatives what happened to me when I first moved to Texas. So I'll share it here. About a month after I arrived, I got pulled over. I was going a little too "fast". It was the normal thing you always get, but the State Trooper who came up to the window had a serious black cowboy hat and a good twang. I wasn't used to the line of questioning. He asked me the normal (this should be read in your best John Wayne impression): do you know what you did wrong, do you have a license, do you have registration, yada yada yada. But after that was done, he asked me if I had a firearm in the car. Being new to Texas I didn't have all the right paperwork, etc. so I responded "No, Sir". So he hands me one and says, if you're going to live in Texas you should have one of these.

Kidding of course. Everyone looks at me seriously and then bursts out laughing. But on a serious note, they are VERY common here.

So, that's a big "Depends" question. It all depends on how fast/large your CCW needs are. Something like @Xploit 's truck gun would be best in the boot under storage. But then you have some limits on what you put in the load space. If a handgun, @Xploit 's holster allows you the CCW carry. The "holy trinity" of most folks are: under the seat, in the glove box, in the door storage. All three are standard options, but the defender gives you the added storage under the center console.

If you do a quick internet search there are innumerable holsters you can attach to molle plates to the sides or under the dash. Once you find something that works for you, post pics.

The following users liked this post:
Xploit (02-09-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 01:05 AM
Mudding
Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
I used to tell my friends & relatives what happened to me when I first moved to Texas. So I'll share it here. About a month after I arrived, I got pulled over. I was going a little too "fast". It was the normal thing you always get, but the State Trooper who came up to the window had a serious black cowboy hat and a good twang. I wasn't used to the line of questioning. He asked me the normal (this should be read in your best John Wayne impression): do you know what you did wrong, do you have a license, do you have registration, yada yada yada. But after that was done, he asked me if I had a firearm in the car. Being new to Texas I didn't have all the right paperwork, etc. so I responded "No, Sir". So he hands me one and says, if you're going to live in Texas you should have one of these.

Kidding of course. Everyone looks at me seriously and then bursts out laughing. But on a serious note, they are VERY common here.

So, that's a big "Depends" question. It all depends on how fast/large your CCW needs are. Something like @Xploit 's truck gun would be best in the boot under storage. But then you have some limits on what you put in the load space. If a handgun, @Xploit 's holster allows you the CCW carry. The "holy trinity" of most folks are: under the seat, in the glove box, in the door storage. All three are standard options, but the defender gives you the added storage under the center console.

If you do a quick internet search there are innumerable holsters you can attach to molle plates to the sides or under the dash. Once you find something that works for you, post pics.
No offence intended. But why would you need a handgun in the car? Is it that dangerous over there? Or is it for wild animals?

The following 2 users liked this post by Simon14:
JMF20 (02-12-2022), Jolly Rancher (02-10-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 02:22 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 134 Likes on 38 Posts

Nechci sem tahat politiku, ale i my v Česku máme zbraně legálně jako snad jediní v té slavné Evropské unii, která je zaslepená Zeleným údělem a genderovou rovností, která zvýhodňuje nepřizpůsobivé Kriminalitu tu nechceme, nechceme terorismus tady nechceme a proto jsme šestá nejbezpečnější země na světě

The following 3 users liked this post by mopadzi:
spritekk (02-14-2022), Vadiable Paradox (01-15-2023), _Allegedly (02-10-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 07:22 AM
Winching
Received 653 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Simon14
No offence intended. But why would you need a handgun in the car? Is it that dangerous over there? Or is it for wild animals?
It’s called the gun lobby. And machismo.

HakubaMatata (02-18-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 07:31 AM
Mudding
Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by mopadzi
Nechci sem tahat politiku, ale i my v Česku máme zbraně legálně jako snad jediní v té slavné Evropské unii, která je zaslepená Zeleným údělem a genderovou rovností, která zvýhodňuje nepřizpůsobivé Kriminalitu tu nechceme, nechceme terorismus tady nechceme a proto jsme šestá nejbezpečnější země na světě
Here's his translation: I don't want to drag politics here, but even we in the Czech Republic have weapons legally as perhaps the only ones in the famous European Union, which is blinded by the Green Deal and gender equality, which favors the inadaptable We don't want crime here, we don't want terrorism here and that's why we're the sixth safest country in the world.

JBelt01 (08-29-2023)

Quick Reply: Concealed Handgun Storage