2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Concealed Handgun Storage

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2022, 04:15 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

Here is a better choice - not yet ready for Defender, but I am sure they can manufacture one
https://estesaws.com/products/suv-ra...weapon-locker/

The following users liked this post:
Mantis (02-11-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 06:50 PM
Winching
Received 653 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Xploit
Wtfchuck = stillruns = butthurt unhappy little man
Wow, three posts in 14 minutes. Very busy man. Although I don’t know who your friend stillruns is, without intelligent discourse to be found here, I’ll be glad to let you dominate this thread. Bye.

Old 02-10-2022, 09:57 PM
Winching
Received 165 Likes on 116 Posts

want so much. wish it was legal in California

Originally Posted by Xploit
My Defender wont arrive till later this month, but what about using the glove box and locking it? At least in Chicago, if they get inside your vehicle, they are taking it.

This probably won't fit in the GB

Old 02-10-2022, 10:31 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 461 Likes on 232 Posts

Well handguns need not be large. You really never, ever want to shoot anybody, even if you are in the right. It will change your life, not for the better. Handguns are best a deterrence. Personally I carry a very tiny Walther TPH, .22. Now it can be as deadly as any round properly placed. The convenience of a very small handgun is beyond measure.

Now to illustrate, a short recap of my experiences with it. I lived in Miami for a period, originally to fly the NOAA hurricane aircraft. I ride a lot, thousands of miles a year. Now my road bike is worth more than most of the s-boxes folks drove there. Now the tiny Walter would fit in the back pocket of my jersey without being noticeable. I mentioned it one morning at the bike shop, and it turned out 8 out of 10 bikers carried. I had three encounters with folks trying to steal my bike from under me. Two of the times, simply pulling out the pistol and pointing it to the sky and asking, “how bad do you want the bike?” They got back in their cars and drove off. The third, said,”dat is a leetle gun!” To which I answered, “let me shoot you in the *****, tell me how it feels?” He got in his car an drove away. The pistol, may as well been fake.

It us small enough to to shove in the crack between cushions, or clip to the sun visor. We call it the “cricket” after Will Smith’s weapon from Men in Black. It need not be large to be effective.

The following 3 users liked this post by Dogpilot:
GrouseK9 (02-11-2022), JBelt01 (08-29-2023), Mechano2020 (02-10-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 10:58 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,507 Likes on 1,018 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig_RRS2013
Correct...secure temporary vehicle storage.
Hard to beat the quality and durability of Fort Knox pistol safes. No annoying biometrics or batteries. Just steel and a tried and true lock design. Rock solid.

They have one designed for vehicles. I don't know where it could bolt to the Defender's body but worth a look.

Fort Knox Auto Pistol Box

Fits in the center console of some vehicles.

The following 2 users liked this post by GavinC:
Craig_RRS2013 (02-11-2022), Mantis (02-11-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 01:02 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 134 Likes on 38 Posts

[QUOTE=Trauma;812821]Tady je jeho překlad: Nechci sem tahat politiku, ale i my v ČR máme zbraně legálně jako snad jediní ve slavné Evropské unii, která je zaslepena Zeleným údělem a genderová rovnost, která zvýhodňuje nepřizpůsobivé Nechceme zde kriminalitu, nechceme zde terorismus a proto jsme šestá nejbezpečnější země na světě. [/CITÁT]

Yes, my English is not perfect, and I apologize if I misspell something in language. Thank you for understanding.

GrouseK9 (02-11-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 07:52 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by WTFChuck
Thanks for bringing a contentious subject into a forum about Defenders. Maybe a gun forum will be a better place for that. Sorry I hurt your feelings. My apologies.
Realistically, how is it any different than someone looking for any other accessory for their Defender? There are reasons to carry, especially while you travel a little off the grid, but that really shouldn't even matter.

We wouldn't question someone asking about the best way to carry skis. "Tough-guy thinks sports make him look like a big man". Or someone asking for a recommendation for a jack. "Oh, macho guy wants to flex and pose with his big muscles on the trail".

A responsible gun owner wants to discuss the best safe storage option and you feel the need to drag the conversation into the mud. To what end? Shouldn't we be encouraging safe handling? Remember; guns don't kill people, Alec Baldwin does. And I say that because it's relevant here. Open conversation furthers knowledge and encourages responsibility. This prevents accidents.

Last edited by _Allegedly; 02-11-2022 at 08:06 AM.
The following 7 users liked this post by _Allegedly:
Craig_RRS2013 (02-11-2022), GavinC (02-11-2022), Mechano2020 (02-11-2022), NoGaBiker (02-11-2022), Radix (02-14-2022), TestnDoc (02-11-2022), Xploit (02-11-2022) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-11-2022, 08:29 AM
Winching
Received 653 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by _Allegedly
Realistically, how is it any different than someone looking for any other accessory for their Defender? There are reasons to carry, especially while you travel a little off the grid, but that really shouldn't even matter.

We wouldn't question someone asking about the built-in fridge. "Why do you feel it necessary that your drinks are cold?" Or someone asking for a recommendation for a jack. "Oh, macho guy wants to flex and pose with his big muscles on the trail".

A responsible gun owner wants to discuss the best safe storage option and you feel the need to drag the conversation into the mud. To what end? Shouldn't we be encouraging safe handling? Remember; guns don't kill people, Alec Baldwin does. And I say that because it's relevant here. Open conversation furthers knowledge and encourages responsibility. This prevents accidents.
I fully understand. I have a CCW, several handguns and go to the range near my home regularly. I have no problem with the subject, nor the question about safe storage. But with the recent tragedies, including the school shooting in my area, it can quickly become a sensitive subject with political overtones. My reaction came once someone felt the need to post their prized possession here and I voiced my opinion, as anyone does, lest the thread become a scrapbook of personal arsenals. Just didn’t feel this was the place for that. We all come here for a common reason, our Defenders. Unfortunately, the subject of gun ownership brings a wide range of wildly disparate outlooks and in my very humbled opinion it seemed like a simple question regarding storage of such was poised to unleash a flood of photos of personal weapons bunkers. The statement, “guns don’t kill people, Alec Baldwin does” was a prime example of possibly inciting a wash of politically conflicting arguments, which would only serve to divide our Defender community, which brings us all here in our commonality for our love of our vehicles. No offense meant. Just voicing my concern. Most of us come here to escape the charged landscape we are surrounded with, by our singular search for Defender problems and solutions and share a common bond. A respectable goal, at the least.

The following 2 users liked this post by WTFChuck:
GavinC (02-11-2022), TrioLRowner (02-13-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 09:29 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by WTFChuck
I fully understand. I have a CCW, several handguns and go to the range near my home regularly. I have no problem with the subject, nor the question about safe storage. But with the recent tragedies, including the school shooting in my area, it can quickly become a sensitive subject with political overtones. My reaction came once someone felt the need to post their prized possession here and I voiced my opinion, as anyone does, lest the thread become a scrapbook of personal arsenals. Just didn’t feel this was the place for that. We all come here for a common reason, our Defenders. Unfortunately, the subject of gun ownership brings a wide range of wildly disparate outlooks and in my very humbled opinion it seemed like a simple question regarding storage of such was poised to unleash a flood of photos of personal weapons bunkers. The statement, “guns don’t kill people, Alec Baldwin does” was a prime example of possibly inciting a wash of politically conflicting arguments, which would only serve to divide our Defender community, which brings us all here in our commonality for our love of our vehicles. No offense meant. Just voicing my concern. Most of us come here to escape the charged landscape we are surrounded with, by our singular search for Defender problems and solutions and share a common bond. A respectable goal, at the least.
Fair enough. I somewhat get not caring for the pics although anyone interested in this thread would probably not care (or even like it). Those not interested would probably never get that far.

I would *really* like though, to see some pics of locking storage options for the Defender. It's the most woefully inadequate vehicle, in terms of storage, that I've ever seen.

The complete lack of politics here is delightful and the Baldwin shot (no pun intended) was more a commentary on the irony that the loudest voices in these debates are often the least knowledgeable

WTFChuck (02-11-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 10:37 AM
Mudding
Received 90 Likes on 51 Posts

It is honestly everything and more.. super light, very small and crazy accurate , even at 100 yards.

_Allegedly (02-11-2022)

Quick Reply: Concealed Handgun Storage