angelboing (09-21-2021)
Old 09-18-2021, 12:58 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 196 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Juancl
Who said the D90's boot is too small?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT5_b0ur..._web_copy_link
I love the 90.

Last edited by Count Laszlo; 09-18-2021 at 01:56 PM.
Old 09-18-2021, 03:33 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts

Mini sodas? 3 cases of Pellegrino? No large pack of paper towels or toilet paper? No rotisserie chicken? No red Solo cups for the case of wine? And not a single "on-sale-this-month" item?

The Aristocrats!

Last edited by _Allegedly; 09-18-2021 at 07:54 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by _Allegedly:
catman (09-24-2021), GavinC (09-18-2021), Juancl (09-18-2021)
Old 09-18-2021, 04:43 AM
Winching
Received 451 Likes on 214 Posts

Yes it is not the biggest bootspace, in case of my commercial / Hardtop.

Underfloor storage for recovery stuff.

Flat flooring

70% filled

Front space under floor

Finished

So for you all, some possibility how to enlarge your 90

Last edited by Defendit..; 10-09-2021 at 05:13 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Defendit..:
angelboing (09-21-2021), GrouseK9 (09-24-2021), Juancl (09-18-2021), Zooke (06-26-2022)
Old 09-24-2021, 08:24 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Defendit..
Yes it is not the biggest bootspace, in case of my commercial / Hardtop.

Underfloor storage for recovery stuff.

So for you all, some possibility how to enlarge your 90
@Defendit.. can you recommend where you got your commercial conversion kit from? I have been looking everywhere for information and seems you are the only one who has done it! The leadtimes for hardtop in the UK is 12months, looking to get a 90 and convert to hardtop for both tax/van purposes whilst also getting a better-specced vehicle than the conventional hardtop variant?

Old 09-24-2021, 08:44 AM
8th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pointj
The leadtimes for hardtop in the UK is 12months, looking to get a 90 and convert to hardtop for both tax/van purposes whilst also getting a better-specced vehicle than the conventional hardtop variant?
Would converting a consumer vehicle into a commercial spec actually save you any tax though? I think the tax would be based on what the vehicle is at the point of delivery. - although without rear seats in, it makes the case for arguing it's not a normal passenger vehicle stronger.

Old 09-24-2021, 09:20 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I gather and with the guidance from the Gov website (https://www.gov.uk/government/public...rpose-vehicles) is that as long as the vehicle has the following criteria (and that you re-register the vehicle as a CDV) it is a car derived van if:
  • there will be no rear seats, rear seat belts or mountings
  • there will be a payload area with floor panel in the rear of the vehicle
  • there will be no side windows in the rear of the vehicle - or if present, side windows will be opaque and fixed (with no means of opening or closing)
I'm presuming that tax will able to be reclaimed and if its is financed tax reclaimed from that point? even more so that the 90 has fixed passenger windows, so should simply be a rear seat delete etc?

Old 09-24-2021, 09:44 AM
8th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I gather and with the guidance from the Gov website (https://www.gov.uk/government/public...rpose-vehicles) is that as long as the vehicle has the following criteria (and that you re-register the vehicle as a CDV) it is a car derived van if:
  • there will be no rear seats, rear seat belts or mountings
  • there will be a payload area with floor panel in the rear of the vehicle
  • there will be no side windows in the rear of the vehicle - or if present, side windows will be opaque and fixed (with no means of opening or closing)
I'm presuming that tax will able to be reclaimed and if its is financed tax reclaimed from that point? even more so that the 90 has fixed passenger windows, so should simply be a rear seat delete etc?
Fair enough, I wasn't aware that the V5 document could be updated, but from what you've found, it looks like it can. :-)

When I enquired a few years ago with NeNe Overland about a commercial conversion on a Disco 4, (after JLR stopped selling the commercial variant), I seem to recall they said the conversion needed to be done before vehicle registration. I presume, now, that was so the full VAT amount could be claimed on the vehicle at the time of purchase. Knowing how strict the tax man is on vehicles, I suspect that once you update the V5 and tax details at a later stage, the original VAT paid will still not be reclaimable. But maybe on a rental/lease, from the point of vehicle change, it should be?

You've given me some food for thought, as I have a passenger vehicle 90 on order, but its unlikely to be ready for 12 months. So maybe if the commercial parts are available, a conversion before handover/registration could be feasible. Hmmm....

Old 09-25-2021, 04:02 AM
Winching
Received 451 Likes on 214 Posts

@Defendit.. can you recommend where you got your commercial conversion kit from? I have been looking everywhere for information and seems you are the only one who has done it! The leadtimes for hardtop in the UK is 12months, looking to get a 90 and convert to hardtop for both tax/van purposes whilst also getting a better-specced vehicle than the conventional hardtop variant?
In The Netherlands is an conversion to commercial for almost 40 years common. ( arround 10 company's offer this service here)
If you have an active VAT, running your own business you can buy a commercial vehicle.
Long list of restrictions, minimum size of Lenght, Height and Width. Full bulkhead with or without glass, Low bulkhead 30cm or no bulkhead at all.
So I ordered my 90 P300s, with all my desired options as a normal verhicle. Once arrived at the dealer they ship the car to the conversion company, they realize all the needed.
The car has to go after this to our Departement of Transport to get a new Certificate of Conformity.
Back to the dealer with all the stuff inside they removed, for later conversion back to normal passenger car.

​​​​​​We are allowed to have 1 side window clear for safety, to see pedestrians and cyclist.

​​​​​​Let me know what you want, I think there is a possibility to ship bulkheads to the UK.

Old 09-25-2021, 01:30 PM
Winching
Received 129 Likes on 113 Posts

My cavier foie gras and champagne fits just fine

The following users liked this post:
Juancl (09-25-2021)

Quick Reply: D90 Boot Space