Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Defender 110 2024 front suspension

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2023, 08:29 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Defender 110 2024 front suspension

My 2024 Defender 110 occasionally drops the front suspension after parking it. Sometimes it's after I park it for a short period, sometimes is over night. The back seems to be fine. The car is not set up to go in access mode. I know there were issues with a batch of air shocks in 2020, but I guess they are still having issues. I checked the stickers on mine and they seem to be produced in 2023. Anybody else has had this same issue? How was it resolved?

I have attached some pictures before and after with a tape measure for reference.

Before turning the engine one, after being parked for a day.

After turning the engine one and it self levels.

Old 10-10-2023, 08:37 PM
Drifting
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah. It took a couple of visits before they would agree to fixing it

Last edited by notourist; 10-11-2023 at 09:04 PM.
Old 10-11-2023, 10:12 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 418 Likes on 172 Posts

Yes, this is a common failure. The same happened to my car and the front struts had to be replaced I believe.

Old 10-11-2023, 11:38 AM
Winching
Received 653 Likes on 318 Posts

After hearing many issues with the air suspension, I’m glad I went with the coils. Simple system means less to fail.

The following users liked this post:
lightning (10-20-2023)
Old 10-20-2023, 10:52 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick update:

Took it to the dealer and they said they couldn't find any leaks, but the suspension height was off one side vs the other and they adjusted the height to be at factory spec. This didn't fix the issue though. The front is still dropping after I park it at random times. It seems that is doing it more consistently the times when the fans kick in and when they spin down, the front suspension drops as well. I was able to catch that on video and added the link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vTs...ew?usp=sharing

I am taking it back to the dealer on Monday. I have already sent them the video.

Old 10-20-2023, 11:22 AM
Drifting
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

i had the same issue with the dealer refusing to admit there was a problem. even when i brought up the fact that there was a bulletin. it took multiple visits. i kept bringing it up while they had to address other issues - before they finally admit there's something there to fix.

Old 10-20-2023, 03:15 PM
Winching
Received 293 Likes on 190 Posts

l too am glad l went with the coil suspension.

Well, l didn't actually go with coils, l added the air but they said it was too late to change the order.

The coil suspension is still great compared to my old Defender!

l guess it's not so great when your previous vehicle was a Range Rover or Discovery

Old 10-22-2023, 01:58 PM
Mudding
Received 153 Likes on 80 Posts

The EAS has a tolerance of 10mm in the older LR EAS systems. I'd assume it's still the same...

Old 10-24-2023, 11:27 AM
Overlanding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dragosstoica
Quick update:

Took it to the dealer and they said they couldn't find any leaks, but the suspension height was off one side vs the other and they adjusted the height to be at factory spec. This didn't fix the issue though. The front is still dropping after I park it at random times. It seems that is doing it more consistently the times when the fans kick in and when they spin down, the front suspension drops as well. I was able to catch that on video and added the link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vTs...ew?usp=sharing

I am taking it back to the dealer on Monday. I have already sent them the video.
Those with older EAS vehicles know the diagnosis procedure is to park it on level ground in off road height, then pull the EAS fuse, then come back the next day to see what has lowered and what hasn't. Your front is probably one strut or the other but the EAS computer works even when the vehicle is turned off to level things out.

If the entire front still drops, the problem was typically a faulty front EAS valve block. I'm not sure whether that translates to Defenders.

Old 10-26-2023, 03:11 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

So if I’m understanding this conversation correctly, when I start up in the morning or after parked for a while and my 2023 Defender 90 air suspension lifts up on its own, I’m screwed and need new air suspension?

Quick Reply: Defender 110 2024 front suspension