Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Defender 2 Accessory Availability

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2020, 09:12 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 700 Likes on 405 Posts
Default Defender 2 Accessory Availability

I just heard from my JLR dealer in the U.S. that the winch and air compressor promised as dealer installed will NOT be available to fit to my 18 inch wheel, off-road spec P300 110 S, when it arrives at the end of September. No awareness or promise from them of when they might be available.

Is anyone else hearing similar news?

I contacted Lucky 8 and that replied they are working on designing front and rear off-road bumpers (as well as a winch) and are trying to make it available quickly. They have 2 in lift bars available now from Proud Rhino to fool the air suspension into rising up 2 inches, so larger tires may be fitted. Several you tube videos show one how to install them.

I contacted ARB U.S. and they replied they had no plans at present to offer a bull bar for the New Defender. Maybe a reader in Australia might know more?

Old 08-19-2020, 11:34 AM
Drifting
Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Available accessories in the US

Below are the available accessories that my Dealer installed on my First Edition:
1. Integrated air compressor

2. Bright side tubes

I'm still waiting for the below accessories to become available in the US:
1. Roof ladder (should be available soon)
2. A-frame w/winch & winch kit (possibly in September)
3. Orange rear recovery eyes (backordered)

Old 08-19-2020, 11:40 AM
Mudding
Received 136 Likes on 76 Posts

I've not heard that yet, like you I requested both the air compressor and the winch bumper. My estimated arrival time is end of October, I wonder if a month will make a difference?

Old 08-19-2020, 12:41 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

I am mostly waiting for some rock rails and a way to fit a winch without paying the outrageous price that Land Rover wants to charge for their winch and mounting kit. I already paid way more than is reasonable for this car because it has all the luxury doodads on it, I am not paying thousands more than is necessary to fit a winch.

The following users liked this post:
DonMitsu (08-19-2020)
Old 08-19-2020, 01:10 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 262 Likes on 138 Posts

Interestingly, I have not heard anything yet either. I asked for the installed air compressor in my initial build and sale person said they will add it when the car arrives at the end of October.

Old 08-19-2020, 01:20 PM
Mudding
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts

That is sad, but I can confirm that they have removed the items from the accessory catalog online. I had wanted to get the winch, but it looks like we will have to wait for it, (if it ever gets offered again).

I had a mid October delivery date for my HSE Defender which looks like they are calling a 2020.5. But after adding the rear locking diff, it looks like the deliver got pushed at least 4 weeks.

I plan on getting my accessories purchased and ready to go as soon as I know its getting closer to build. I don't want to sit on tires, wheels and Johnson Rods for months...

Rob

Old 08-19-2020, 02:27 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 262 Likes on 138 Posts

I found on the online accessories site that the air compressor is still listed. It is under interior/Function and Technology. When they originally made the announcement of the winch it was going to be Warn but they changed it to Factor 55. I wonder if there is something happening in the background causing the delay.

Old 08-19-2020, 04:25 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 700 Likes on 405 Posts

Interesting videos of the removal of the front bumper and installation of the JLR available bash plate -- with a comparison to the current.

I will try to wait for the aftermarket bull bars, plate and winch -- mostly to compare prices, weights and capabilities.

Old 08-19-2020, 04:36 PM
Drifting
Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Air compressor installed

Old 08-20-2020, 05:43 AM
Drifting
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

link to the online accessory site in the US?

Quick Reply: Defender 2 Accessory Availability