2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Defender 90 Brushbar

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2023, 02:37 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,256 Likes on 747 Posts

@hectorcamacho@me.com - I have a pair that I picked up. I'm mounting some Baja Design LP6 to my bullbars next month and I've been picking up parts in prep for the work. These are the ones I picked up:
Link Link
. Note that I have the OEM bullbars that I (crazily) had shipped from AU and installed. They are in a weird size. I think I remember searching for 60mm before I stumbled on these that fit. Warning: I bought them and sized them, but haven't installed them yet. I can't attest that they are perfect/work great yet - but they are the ones I picked up.

Good luck.

The following users liked this post:
DefenderSISU (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 05:43 PM
Mudding
Received 171 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
@hectorcamacho@me.com - I have a pair that I picked up. I'm mounting some Baja Design LP6 to my bullbars next month and I've been picking up parts in prep for the work. These are the ones I picked up: Link. Note that I have the OEM bullbars that I (crazily) had shipped from AU and installed. They are in a weird size. I think I remember searching for 60mm before I stumbled on these that fit. Warning: I bought them and sized them, but haven't installed them yet. I can't attest that they are perfect/work great yet - but they are the ones I picked up.

Good luck.
thank you I placed them in my Amazon cart. Will wait for your reply after install. I really like the Stedi ones I might just order them in 61mm. Are you going to install limb risers? Do you have the OEM roof rack? I am also waiting for my defender to get a headlight for it to go get the bull bar instead.

Old 01-11-2023, 07:14 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,256 Likes on 747 Posts

I have the OEM roof rack. Just saw @sarek post his for sale so it gives me a price if I decide to drop mine as well. If I had a do-over, I wouldn't have ordered it with the Defender. I prefer the Frontrunner due to all the "options" for it. However, for style - nothing beats the OEM. But, that's about #11 on my "To Be Mod" list! Was not planning on Limb Risers, though it too is on the list<g>. Maybe #20! Kidding on the order, but they are about right. I'm in Texas and limbs aren't really a frequent hazard where I live. Maybe more in the eastern / Piney Woods part of the state. If I ever move back east (likely in the next decade), then I would install the limb risers. But for now - nope.

DefenderSISU (01-11-2023)
Old 02-25-2023, 07:04 PM
Overlanding
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2020+ Defender 90 brush guard

Originally Posted by Ericlockheed
Ralf Sarek makes a way cooler front metal bumper setup. Located in Virginia. You could probably find him on Facebook, IG, or web. Really cool guy and down to earth.
Do you know for sure that Sarek makes the front and rear bumpers for the new D90 models? I plan to reach out to him next week, but there was nothing on his website that I could find.

I am a new 2023 D90 owner that also lives in an area in Texas with a lot of deer on the road and I need a proper brush grill with more frontal coverage than the silly plastic A-frame OEM option.

Last edited by TexasDefender; 02-25-2023 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-25-2023, 07:06 PM
Overlanding
Default Aussie brush guard on 2020+ NAS D90

@hectorcamacho@me.com - I have a pair that I picked up. I'm mounting some Baja Design LP6 to my bullbars next month and I've been picking up parts in prep for the work. These are the ones I picked up: Link. Note that I have the OEM bullbars that I (crazily) had shipped from AU and installed. They are in a weird size. I think I remember searching for 60mm before I stumbled on these that fit. Warning: I bought them and sized them, but haven't installed them yet. I can't attest that they are perfect/work great yet - but they are the ones I picked up.

Good luck.
I am also considering paying the ridiculous cost to import the Aussie OEM brush guard.

Have you installed it on your Defender 90 and what is your conclusion regarding fit and finish? Any advice would be appreciated before I take the plunge (I hope Sarek or Safari Gard can provide a better value alternative).

Last edited by TexasDefender; 02-25-2023 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-25-2023, 07:33 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,173 Likes on 630 Posts

Fit and finish on the Aussie bull bar and mounting kit from JLR is 110% as good as anything else on the rest of the vehicle.

One of the better LR accessories Ive ever seen - better than the bull bars for LR3/RRC/D2 for sure.

I just spent a month installing this on my 110, so firsthand knowledge. Very well packed too - not alot of chance for it to get damaged in shipping which has unfortunately been my experience with many expensive LR accessories over the years.

The only downside... it's expensive.

TexasDefender (02-25-2023)
Old 02-25-2023, 08:15 PM
Overlanding
Default D90 Brush Guard Alternatives

Originally Posted by nashvegas
Fit and finish on the Aussie bull bar and mounting kit from JLR is 110% as good as anything else on the rest of the vehicle.

One of the better LR accessories Ive ever seen - better than the bull bars for LR3/RRC/D2 for sure.

I just spent a month installing this on my 110, so firsthand knowledge. Very well packed too - not alot of chance for it to get damaged in shipping which has unfortunately been my experience with many expensive LR accessories over the years.

The only downside... it's expensive.
@nashvegas

Thanks for this valuable input.

Two questions for you and @GrouseK9 :
1) Any wonky/tricky installation issues?
2) Did you look at alternatives from Safari Gard or Ralf Sarek?

Have you ever heard of Green Off-road Auto Parts (green4x4.cn)? I know they are based in China (not my preference) but I didn’t know if anyone had experience with them since some of their Defender accessories look interesting.

I don’t plan to mount anything to the brush guard — nor use a winch.

Cheers

Last edited by TexasDefender; 02-25-2023 at 08:29 PM.
Old 02-25-2023, 08:25 PM
Overlanding

Good luck.
@GrouseK9

Since we are both located in the Texas Hill country, would you be willing to show me your Aussie OEM brush bars on your Defender? Send me a message if you are cool with meeting.

Old 02-28-2023, 08:17 AM
Mudding
Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

Can we still order these from AU? There are a couple on eBay now for $6K and $9K lol

Old 02-28-2023, 08:23 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Trauma
Can we still order these from AU? There are a couple on eBay now for $6K and $9K lol
Yes, apparently they are available for $4495 from https://newdefendermods.com

However, I am waiting on pricing from Sean at Lucky 8 Offroad as they have a killer looking brush guard in pre-production and they claim it will be avalable for purchase Summer 2023. I hope they are providing really good installation instructions.

jusmax88 (02-28-2023)

Quick Reply: Defender 90 Brushbar