Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Defender 90 Service Rant

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2022, 08:07 AM
5th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Defender 90 Service Rant

Booked my 2022 Defender 90 for the crankcase recall and a rear speaker rattle.
Had to wait six weeks for the appointment (told them I didn't need a loaner).
Day prior to appointment, service called and cancelled as they "didn't have the recall part".
Told them I wanted to keep the appointment to have the speaker rattle looked at as it's driving me nuts.

Car has been there NINE days now; Not even looked at yet. They can give me no idea when it will be looked at.
Moreover, they booked the crankcase ventilation recall service appointment for DECEMBER.

The dealer shouldn't sell the cars if they cannot service them. Have a Range Rover on order and it's worrying.

The following 2 users liked this post by cookjw:
Lnberger (08-14-2022), Royalist (08-14-2022)
Old 08-14-2022, 10:24 AM
Drifting
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

you understand that in the current global climate, some people can't get like, food, or medical supplies for routine things like ct scans, or other actual necessities, right? perhaps consider how you come off coming here to complain that you're second-guessing your purchase of yet another luxury suv because you're struggling to source parts for the one you've already got.

the dealer will sell cars because people will buy them. if you bought a car during this period with an understanding of the supply chain situation, only one person is responsible for having made that choice.

Old 08-14-2022, 12:15 PM
5th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

The global climate is indeed challenging -not the first time and not the last.
There's always the guy who trolls the enthusiast forums and posts comments like yours,
Yes, I know it's a "first world problem".
Understanding that you too are surfing an internet forum, I can assume that you too have: electricity, a cell phone, potable water, caloric intake sufficient to avoid starvation, shelter, and more than a single change of clothing. Ergo, you too are far better than many in the world.

When you purchase a car, you enter a contractual agreement with the manufacturer to provide reasonable warranty service -9 days in the shop without so much as an inspection in not reasonable, in my opinion.

I've not missed a day of providing higher risk surgical care to patients during this pandemic so I don't need the pandemic shaming. Land Rover had the manpower to cash the purchase check but not to "service what they sell". That's the only point I was trying to make.

Relax man.

The following 5 users liked this post by cookjw:
Elektrapops (08-14-2022), GavinC (08-14-2022), GrouseK9 (08-15-2022), Norsk (08-15-2022), Royalist (08-14-2022)
Old 08-14-2022, 12:31 PM
Drifting
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

you're misusing the word "troll" when you actually mean "expressed an opinion i didn't like."

no one is shaming you. you shame yourself by saying entitled, self-important things in a public setting. "you" haven't missed a day? that must be nice for you.what you mean to say is that your employer has done a good job of empowering you to provide that care. or maybe they haven't, and what you see on your surgical roster is all that they had the supplies/capability for that day. but you're giving yourself an awful lot of credit for something you're clearly unable to do solely on your own.

you bought what is essentially an exotic car comprised of truly global components during the most significant global disruption in modern history. and then you have the narcissistic gall to turn up here and spout about your "contractual agreement" for what's "reasonable." reasonable is subjective, friend. and for those of us who are actual humans, we understand that "reasonable" at this time in history isn't going to be as fast as we'd like. they cashed your check because you wrote it. buying a product doesn't give you a worldwide transferable license to be insufferable when you don't get your way.

Old 08-14-2022, 05:46 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 185 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by skeptical
you're misusing the word "troll" when you actually mean "expressed an opinion i didn't like."

no one is shaming you. you shame yourself by saying entitled, self-important things in a public setting. "you" haven't missed a day? that must be nice for you.what you mean to say is that your employer has done a good job of empowering you to provide that care. or maybe they haven't, and what you see on your surgical roster is all that they had the supplies/capability for that day. but you're giving yourself an awful lot of credit for something you're clearly unable to do solely on your own.

you bought what is essentially an exotic car comprised of truly global components during the most significant global disruption in modern history. and then you have the narcissistic gall to turn up here and spout about your "contractual agreement" for what's "reasonable." reasonable is subjective, friend. and for those of us who are actual humans, we understand that "reasonable" at this time in history isn't going to be as fast as we'd like. they cashed your check because you wrote it. buying a product doesn't give you a worldwide transferable license to be insufferable when you don't get your way.
I don't think the OP is complaining about the supply chain shortage, that's a given, everyone is aware of it, so stop stating the obvious. Read what he said. He's upset because his dealer (which I would appreciate if he told us who that is), is keeping his car for an extended period of time without actually fixing it or looking at it, and then giving it back to him. You can say all you want about the customer, but the dealer is also obliged to give some form of customer service, that's why they're a dealer. On top of that, if the dealer knew they didn't have the part/s available to fix the recall, why not let the customer know before hand, well in advance. Ie, if the part isn't coming till December, tell them it's gonna be awhile and you're looking at several months, don't just say, "oh your part isn't in for tomorrow, sorry". Dealers are also aware of supply shortages, ya know. Also, the defender is hardly "exotic". They sold roughly 20k units last year.

The following 2 users liked this post by Royalist:
GrouseK9 (08-15-2022), WTFChuck (08-15-2022)