Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Defenders on secondary market

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2021, 11:18 AM
Mudding
Received 90 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Defenders on secondary market

The secondary market is flooded with Broncos but there seems to be very little Defender models. Is it because they just never made enough Defenders to begin with or that Defenders are in far more demand than Broncos?

X-

Old 11-22-2021, 05:25 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Have they fixed the hard top bronco issue?

Old 11-22-2021, 05:25 PM
Drifting
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Totally anecdotal but just yesterday I drove north up I-5 in California from LA to SF and must have seen 15+ new Broncos, including multiple 2 doors. I guess not surprising that Ford would be able to figure out supply chain issues faster than LR. If I was in the market for a bronco I would not drop a huge markup over MSRP right now.

Old 11-22-2021, 05:33 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by mcurtis137
Totally anecdotal but just yesterday I drove north up I-5 in California from LA to SF and must have seen 15+ new Broncos, including multiple 2 doors. I guess not surprising that Ford would be able to figure out supply chain issues faster than LR. If I was in the market for a bronco I would not drop a huge markup over MSRP right now.
Ive seen two in the past week and had not seen any in a while. So theory sticks.

Old 11-22-2021, 05:34 PM
Mudding
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

To compare the volume of Broncos to Defenders is kind of nuts. The Bronco is a mass market vehicle with vastly different sales expectations. You’re going to see one literally everywhere — the goal is to be as common as a Wrangler.

Old 11-22-2021, 05:51 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by patpatriot6
To compare the volume of Broncos to Defenders is kind of nuts. The Bronco is a mass market vehicle with vastly different sales expectations. You’re going to see one literally everywhere — the goal is to be as common as a Wrangler.
They are not that far off in price and I’m just wondering why on initial release there are so few on the secondary market.

Old 11-22-2021, 06:14 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 390 Likes on 317 Posts

Defender 110's and 90's quite common around here and very few Bronco's. Many Bronco Sports though.

Old 11-22-2021, 06:31 PM
Mudding
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Thats very interesting. I have had a 2 Dr Big Bend on order now for over 20 months and nothing in sight, although I did receive a Bronco flag in the mail today. So I recently ordered a nice D90S, which is what I really wanted. I hope to see it next Spring. Since June Ford has pushed out about 33,000 so far against an order backlog north of 120,000, and 190,000 reservations. At a production rate of 5 to 6K per month it will be a long wait for most.

On the Bronco Nation forum there is much doom and gloom about ever seeing one before late 22 or early 23. Ford was supposed to honor the initial reservation timestamp but apparently some dealers, especially those very very large sales volumes across the Ford range, have gamed the system and have received Broncos, even the very rare 2 doors, for which they are asking 10K or more over MSRP.

If the D90 is delivered first, great, I will still buy the Bronco and then flip it for a profit. If the Bronco by some miracle is delivered first I will drive it until the D90 arrives, THEN flip it.

Old 11-22-2021, 06:32 PM
Mudding
Received 108 Likes on 58 Posts

Broncos are hideous. Eruption green is the only color I would consider but they are dime a dozen. Nice jeep peasant, says my almost 90k defender 110 trek.

Old 11-22-2021, 06:38 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Drednot
Thats very interesting. I have had a 2 Dr Big Bend on order now for over 20 months and nothing in sight, although I did receive a Bronco flag in the mail today. So I recently ordered a nice D90S, which is what I really wanted. I hope to see it next Spring. Since June Ford has pushed out about 33,000 so far against an order backlog north of 120,000, and 190,000 reservations. At a production rate of 5 to 6K per month it will be a long wait for most.

On the Bronco Nation forum there is much doom and gloom about ever seeing one before late 22 or early 23. Ford was supposed to honor the initial reservation timestamp but apparently some dealers, especially those very very large sales volumes across the Ford range, have gamed the system and have received Broncos, even the very rare 2 doors, for which they are asking 10K or more over MSRP.

If the D90 is delivered first, great, I will still buy the Bronco and then flip it for a profit. If the Bronco by some miracle is delivered first I will drive it until the D90 arrives, THEN flip it.
I have a 2 door black badlands coming in next week.
I also have a d90 coming in hopefully in Jan. I will be selling the bronco immediately.

Quick Reply: Defenders on secondary market