2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ditch Lights Successsfully Installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2022, 07:33 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

I've had them for ~6 mos and they are doing great. Here's an oldish picture. I can take more tonight if you want. It's CRAZY how bright they are. The last time I had a lot of supplemental lights was when I had an old lifted CJ5 in high school. But then again, every now and again all the lights would shut off and we'd drive out of the old strip mines from the light of the moon! In comparison to those, it's no competition. They are freaky bright. I was planning on putting some 6" Baja's on the bull-bars but now I have no reason. Other than I think it looks cool which has gotten me into most of the problems I've had in life, so maybe I will down the line...

Old 08-15-2022, 08:11 AM
Mudding
Received 76 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
I've had them for ~6 mos and they are doing great. Here's an oldish picture. I can take more tonight if you want. It's CRAZY how bright they are. The last time I had a lot of supplemental lights was when I had an old lifted CJ5 in high school. But then again, every now and again all the lights would shut off and we'd drive out of the old strip mines from the light of the moon! In comparison to those, it's no competition. They are freaky bright. I was planning on putting some 6" Baja's on the bull-bars but now I have no reason. Other than I think it looks cool which has gotten me into most of the problems I've had in life, so maybe I will down the line...

Very nice. I am looking to add supplemental lights to my Defender as well, but was hoping to fit something in the grille somewhere to augment the high beams…

that being said, I would love to see some pics of them lit up at night. Being able to see how much the add to the factory headlights/highbeams would be exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks for the response and I look forward to seeing the pics of them in action! 👍👍