2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Enhanced engine sound de activation

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2023, 09:53 AM
Winching
Received 165 Likes on 116 Posts

i remember a day when the forums were a place to help each other out.

if you don’t know the answer just keep quiet

you have to find a tuner than can deactivate the engine noise. Same tuners that activate say adaptive cruise control and other features not added as options. it is an option.

didn’t read into where you are located but there are several in the UK

companies like below

https://www.jlractive.com

The following 2 users liked this post by Ehloo:
Husky44 (08-15-2023), Pangea123 (02-23-2024)
Old 08-15-2023, 03:09 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Originally Posted by Ehloo
i remember a day when the forums were a place to help each other out.

if you don’t know the answer just keep quiet

you have to find a tuner than can deactivate the engine noise. Same tuners that activate say adaptive cruise control and other features not added as options. it is an option.

didn’t read into where you are located but there are several in the UK

companies like below

https://www.jlractive.com
This seems very good, I will try, thank you very much. Also for cool down SilverSFR person and his absolutely useless coments

Last edited by elektron; 08-15-2023 at 03:10 PM. Reason: gramatic mistake
Old 08-15-2023, 03:14 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Defendit..
but not possible on this UK crap?

​​​​​​Clear, you better sell it, buy German again.
Do you think Toyota is also German made?

Problematic of these cars are terrible plastic quality and workshop processing of lot of details for car in such price category... Cause that I called it UK crap.

Old 08-15-2023, 03:15 PM
Winching
Received 165 Likes on 116 Posts

there are technically two related audio enhancements in the vehicle.

ANC or active noise cancelation
Fake engine noise- there is a technical term but fake engine noise is basically what is is

both of these cause havoc if you are planning to upgrade your car audio. This is the reason i looked into.

there is no module that you can just unplug for the enhance engine noise. it’s built into the car audio digital sound processor which you need to code out

Old 08-15-2023, 03:38 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Ehloo
there are technically two related audio enhancements in the vehicle.

ANC or active noise cancelation
Fake engine noise- there is a technical term but fake engine noise is basically what is is

both of these cause havoc if you are planning to upgrade your car audio. This is the reason i looked into.

there is no module that you can just unplug for the enhance engine noise. it’s built into the car audio digital sound processor which you need to code out
Yes it seems to be something like ANC or Fake engine noise, but do not know which one exactly wanted engineers to use it for in this car. (I read that fake engine sound uses only highest "Carphatian" versions)
I just check that in this car it sounds only from front channels / speakers and only between 1000-1200 rpm range, does not matter how fast do you drive, it works also on neutral while standing. It is kind of 40-75 hz signal like from frequency generator. If you have got only oem speakers it is not much audible, but with better amp, good front speakers and sub, it start to be a big problem. I just fix it only by this way for now : source signal for subwoofer I use only from rear channels which are absolutely clean and front speakers are with highpass filtration from about 75-85hz. But it will be best solution to absolutely deactivate this weird function.

https://auto-hifi.sk/auto-hifi-insta...fender-t300-2/

The following users liked this post:
R-dubb (02-23-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 08:50 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by elektron
Please anybody here, who could help me how to de-activate Enhanced engine sound on Defender ?
Hi Elektron
did you find a solution for this?

I do have the exact same issue on ma RR Sport 2022, after a contractor upgraded all mu my speakers, puts a DST and subwoofer in the car. He is telling me that there is nothing to do with it... really embarassing noise.... any hints from your side?

thank you

Old 02-23-2024, 10:35 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by BruBelg
Hi Elektron
did you find a solution for this?

I do have the exact same issue on ma RR Sport 2022, after a contractor upgraded all mu my speakers, puts a DST and subwoofer in the car. He is telling me that there is nothing to do with it... really embarassing noise.... any hints from your side?

thank you
No, nobody help me with this problem, I only found that is not possible to de-activate it by oem diagnostic toll, only by any Bosch doip system (cost about 3000€) - but nobody in my area has got it. Range Rover has got these systems much more worse ( . Did you upgrade your speakers and also amplifier?

Old 02-23-2024, 06:00 PM
4th Gear

Yes I upgraded all of the speakers, kept the 400W amp, but added a DSP, then subwoofer amp and 600W subwoofer. Audio experience is now amazing but I do constantly have this “Fake engine noise” in my inside speakers which is very, very annoying….

Old 02-24-2024, 01:57 AM
Overlanding

What brand dsp amp have you installed? It is one method to get around it.

Old 02-24-2024, 09:11 AM
4th Gear

It’s is a HELIX V EIGHT DSP MK2 (Audiotec Fischer)

Noting that the fake engine noise is not there anymore IF I unplug the subwoofer.

it also disappear is one window is slightly open…

rest of the set up is :
  • AMP HELIX M ONE X , for the SW: first took the signal from the DSP (but noise was there) then sourced it straight from the 400W main amp (noise still there)
  • HELIX K10SE.2 Subwoofer
  • new front and rear speakers (4 Tweeters and 4 MidWoofers)

Last edited by BruBelg; 02-24-2024 at 09:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Enhanced engine sound de activation