Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

eSim no longer working / no connectivity

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 08:29 PM
Drifting
Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts
Default eSim no longer working / no connectivity

Does anyone know now to reset the in vehicle eSim that controls streaming music such as Spotify or the InControl subscription services?

Services were working fine for the first week of ownership but have not been operational since. Toggling the connectivity on/off does nothing and the 4G icon no longer appears on the right side of the screen.

My Spotify account was linked to my InControl account but no longer appears on the Media tab. I have a Get More icon with the number 2 on it, but tapping does nothing.

Turning on WiFi in the garage at home also does not allow streaming via Spotify. Additionally, I have noticed other things like the weather app missing and satellite imagery for the navigation system is no longer available.

Tried the reset connectivity button (did nothing) and even tried deleting the Live apps but they never came back because there is no connectivity.

Received software update 2.0.4 last week, so it would seem one of the eSims works.

Anyone experience similar problems with the eSim cards or network connectivity in vehicle? My dealer said wait for a software update and shrugged their shoulders, and Land Rover corporate has thus far been unable to figure it out.

Last edited by woo90; 11-24-2020 at 08:33 PM.
Old 11-25-2020, 11:53 AM
Drifting
Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts
Thumbs up eSim issue resolved

After reading through other forum topics from users having similar issues with the weather app not working, satellite radio resetting after a certain period of use, etc., I noted that someone explained the Pivi Pro system can be reset by holding the power button for ~10 secs.

Reset mine this morning and voila. It reset everything, caused the missing apps to re-download, and the eSim issue resolved itself.

No thanks to my dealer and to Land Rover corporate. Land Rover corporate had no clue how to fix this, never suggested attempting to reset the Pivi Pro system, and reached out to a technical team in the UK. Still no answer from them. I will absolutely tell them this problem was solved in this forum through the kindness and suggestions from other owners.

Thanks, everyone!

The following 3 users liked this post by woo90:
ArmyRover (11-27-2020), CarlosOrtet (04-11-2022), tuna_disco (11-10-2021)
Old 11-27-2020, 08:46 AM
Mudding
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

This is my first Land Rover product. The corporate and dealer support is so bad compared to any other brand. I blame corporate - no support, communication and makes the dealers clueless. I emailed corporate customer service on a question twice and never heard back. I needed warranty parts - and they said lucky a month wait. Thank gosh for boards/forums like this. You all help solve problems better than the dealer and corporate.

Old 11-27-2020, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,590 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Originally Posted by woo90
After reading through other forum topics from users having similar issues with the weather app not working, satellite radio resetting after a certain period of use, etc., I noted that someone explained the Pivi Pro system can be reset by holding the power button for ~10 secs.

Reset mine this morning and voila. It reset everything, caused the missing apps to re-download, and the eSim issue resolved itself.

No thanks to my dealer and to Land Rover corporate. Land Rover corporate had no clue how to fix this, never suggested attempting to reset the Pivi Pro system, and reached out to a technical team in the UK. Still no answer from them. I will absolutely tell them this problem was solved in this forum through the kindness and suggestions from other owners.

Thanks, everyone!
Thanks for following up on the solution. This is invaluable for others with the same problem

The following users liked this post:
woo90 (11-28-2020)
Old 06-01-2021, 06:32 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoosbest
This is my first Land Rover product. The corporate and dealer support is so bad compared to any other brand. I blame corporate - no support, communication and makes the dealers clueless. I emailed corporate customer service on a question twice and never heard back. I needed warranty parts - and they said lucky a month wait. Thank gosh for boards/forums like this. You all help solve problems better than the dealer and corporate.
You made me smile.... you obviously never owned a Mercedes. Talking about bad customer service and crappy SUVs !!

Old 06-01-2021, 06:34 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

WOO90 : Did you managed by any chance to take a "snapshot" of the settings before reset ? Like IMEI, ICCID, APN ?

Old 07-04-2021, 12:46 PM
Mudding
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoosbest
I guess it depends on your dealer as mine has been exceptional (though I will say my old service advisor has moved on, so we'll see). I've also contacted the JLR on-line support and they've been pretty good. Don't know what to tell you.

And fo you Defender types, I just got a 2022 Disco5 with Pivi Pro. So am I right in assuming there is no accessible SIM and it's only eSIM via AT&T?

Old 07-04-2021, 01:21 PM
Winching
Received 561 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by eelpout
And fo you Defender types, I just got a 2022 Disco5 with Pivi Pro. So am I right in assuming there is no accessible SIM and it's only eSIM via AT&T?
For factory fits in the US, yes. Non serviceable eSIM and service provided by AT&T. In other countries, it varies.

The following users liked this post:
eelpout (07-04-2021)