2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Expedition Roof Rack T-slot bolts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2021, 09:15 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Expedition Roof Rack T-slot bolts?

I recently got the expedition roof rack for my 110. I’m looking to find some t-slot bolts that will fit on the roof rack. For now I’m trying to mount my recovery boards to the roof rack and I found some 3/8 x 6” bolts that could fit in the slots on the roof rack and also fit my recovery board but I will need to shave 1.5mm off in the height of the bolt top so it can fit in the slot.

Have you done any diy mounting on to your roof rack if so can you share any tips or pics?

Old 07-27-2021, 10:20 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 196 Likes on 112 Posts

I don’t have an answer for your question but hoping to piggy back on this thread since it’s about the roof rack. I have a 110 coming in soon with rack and ladder. But it doesn’t have the side tool box on the right side. Is it true the side box would have needed to be installed before installing the rack? If I wanted to install the side box, could I get away with a partial uninstall to get the box grabbers on the rails?

Old 07-28-2021, 06:30 AM
Mudding
Received 147 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Count Laszlo
I don’t have an answer for your question but hoping to piggy back on this thread since it’s about the roof rack. I have a 110 coming in soon with rack and ladder. But it doesn’t have the side tool box on the right side. Is it true the side box would have needed to be installed before installing the rack? If I wanted to install the side box, could I get away with a partial uninstall to get the box grabbers on the rails?
this video should answer your questions

worth watching all his defender videos, he shows how to install virtually every bolt on defender accessory available

Old 07-28-2021, 10:00 AM
Mudding
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

The Front runner tie down rings will work in the slots.

Tie Down Rings For Drawer System - by Front Runner SSCA047

Tie Down Rings / Eye Nuts For Drawer System - by Front Runner | Front Runner (frontrunneroutfitters.com)

The following 2 users liked this post by johnsonmc2000:
Craig_RRS2013 (10-25-2021), Huc (08-09-2022)
Old 07-28-2021, 11:48 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Mcdooogs
this video should answer your questions https://youtu.be/OcuC6puzO_o

worth watching all his defender videos, he shows how to install virtually every bolt on defender accessory available
Thanks! I did watch this video but I think he’s installed before the rack. And mentioned the lunch box would need to go in first. But he’s also a bit wonky and kinda goes with the flow. It would make sense but wondering if rack can be unscrewed in that area and lifted up very so slightly to get lunch box installed. I suppose I figure out when the 110 arrives. Thanks nonetheless.

Old 07-29-2021, 10:32 PM
4wd Low

Installing the side box require removing the rack. I was also told that installing the ladder would require removing the rack, otherwise i would have bought just the ladder and gotten a rack later. I wanted the front runner rack but 2 of my attempts to order it got delayed because they were out of stock ( 2 different online stores listing them in stock until i ordered :-/ )

Old 07-30-2021, 01:17 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by sebastienb
Installing the side box require removing the rack. I was also told that installing the ladder would require removing the rack, otherwise i would have bought just the ladder and gotten a rack later. I wanted the front runner rack but 2 of my attempts to order it got delayed because they were out of stock ( 2 different online stores listing them in stock until i ordered :-/ )
Thanks! I watched the rack install again and the lunch box absolutely requires this. But I did notice for the ladder, I think that can be without removing because the rail allows for both grabbers to be slipped into the rails ahead of the rack’s last post towards the rear. Maybe I’m wrong but it would be cool is this was the case. My 110 coming in had ladder and rack. I’m also okay without lunch box. It looks cool but I can’t figure what I’d put in that beside jumpers and some other goodies. That’s basically get robbed here in San Francisco. Crime pit of the US.

Old 08-23-2021, 03:05 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 238 Likes on 97 Posts

@sebastienb Just wondering if you ever found the T-slot bolts you were looking for?

Old 08-23-2021, 04:59 PM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by drcoop
@sebastienb Just wondering if you ever found the T-slot bolts you were looking for?
I haven’t had a chance to checkout some
of the suggestions I’ve seen online. Once I do I’ll update this thread.

Old 08-24-2021, 10:31 AM
Mudding
Received 83 Likes on 40 Posts

I can confirm that the ladder can be installed after the rack. If the ladder is installed beforehand it just needs to be removed to install the rack. Which isn’t a big deal, all of the hard work installing the ladder is the drilling of the mounting holes.

Quick Reply: Expedition Roof Rack T-slot bolts?