Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front rubber LR floor mats suck

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2023, 11:02 AM
Drifting
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MattF
I've installed Tuxmats - excellent fit and protection so far.

Any idea if the fronts for the 110 work for the 90? I've been wanting to get a set of these but they don't offer anything specifically for the 90 that I'm aware of.

Old 01-10-2023, 11:44 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 237 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by MattF
I've installed Tuxmats - excellent fit and protection so far.

Your truck is way too clean.

The following 5 users liked this post by POPTOPP:
ficklma1 (01-10-2023), GavinC (01-14-2023), GrouseK9 (01-10-2023), MattF (01-10-2023), skeptical (01-14-2023)
Old 01-13-2023, 10:47 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Mine leak as well. I’ve just gotten into the habit of lifting them weekly and soaking up any excess water.. sucks tbh but 🤷🏻‍♂️

The following 2 users liked this post by chuyn:
nashvegas (01-14-2023), skeptical (01-14-2023)
Old 01-14-2023, 10:50 AM
Drifting
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

this is the most ridiculous post here in some time. the uber-consumerist entitlement is unreal. drive your truck. get dirty.

Old 01-14-2023, 10:52 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,252 Likes on 672 Posts

OK, @skeptical..... So... how many old Land Rovers do you own with holes in the floor from rust which is caused by water sitting on the floors for months, years?

Currently I have at least 4 that have this issue.. either minor corrosion or actual holes in the floor from interior water sitting on the metal floor.

So my point has nothing to do with whatever uber consumerist entitlement Facebook bs you are spouting, my point is that HOW am I going to know if my truck 10 years from now will have a rusty floor from actual leaks that need to be fixed, if the most simple thing in the world, the floor mats, themselves leak water? Pretty simple.

Old 01-14-2023, 10:57 AM
Drifting

things we learned from this post:

- you have 4 rusted out land rovers
- you enjoy recreational anger
- you think it's reasonable to expect that a space-age, air-tight floor mat will be THE THING that saves THIS land rover from being added to your graveyard...
- ...but the waterproof floor won't
- you're angry that no one spent the time to ensure that your floor mat was built to your exacting specifications

like i said, ridiculous

The following users liked this post:
Finlander (01-19-2023)
Old 01-14-2023, 11:57 AM
Mudding
Received 156 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by skeptical
things we learned from this post:

- you have 4 rusted out land rovers
- you enjoy recreational anger
- you think it's reasonable to expect that a space-age, air-tight floor mat will be THE THING that saves THIS land rover from being added to your graveyard...
- ...but the waterproof floor won't
- you're angry that no one spent the time to ensure that your floor mat was built to your exacting specifications

like i said, ridiculous
It seems to me the basic purpose of a floor mat is to protect the floor, so it also seems entirely reasonable to be upset that the floor mat doesn't actually do what it's supposed to.

The following 2 users liked this post by D-Fens:
jusmax88 (01-18-2023), nashvegas (01-14-2023)
Old 01-14-2023, 12:37 PM
Mudding
Received 106 Likes on 69 Posts

Our OEM all weather floormats have two big holes in them.... Any floor mat with two big holes in them if you fill them up with water will leak through those big holes. that's just physics. if you dont like physics you can always hot glue your holes shut. But i prefer my holes to be used so my mats don't slide around. This is a ridiculous post to complain about physics and say the floor mats suck. Even the TuxMats with the "Two big Holes" will leak if you fill them up with water and wait long enough. They will leak... Thats just physics.

Now with that said, one could take a small plastic bag and cut out a square. Now use that square as a gasket between your holes and your Nipples. Or something else to that affect. Worth a try if you want to try and escape the physics thing. And yes I just said Holes and Nipples in the same thread. Our OEM floor mats do not suck. they do what they are meant to do and still be secured to the floor so they don't creep up into your gas peddle.

Last edited by SilverSFR; 01-14-2023 at 12:56 PM.
skeptical (01-14-2023)
Old 01-14-2023, 12:51 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by D-Fens
It seems to me the basic purpose of a floor mat is to protect the floor, so it also seems entirely reasonable to be upset that the floor mat doesn't actually do what it's supposed to.
sure, ok. except that's not what's happening.

they are protecting the floor. what they aren't doing is functioning as a water-tight barrier for whatever OP is doing. which is part of the reason why in a truck like this, the floors are made to be waterproof. the floor mat is just additional protection. see all that junk on the mat that's not on the floor? that's the mat doing what it's intended to do.

but instead of coming here looking for a solution to their very specific problem, the post reads that they SUCK.

the floor mats don't suck. they're a standard design used by nearly all high-end manufacturers to protect floors and carpet. if you take care of your stuff, they will do that quite well. what SUCKS is exactly what i called out originally, which is this internet-driven-five-stars-or-zero-stars-uber-consumerist-entitlement junk.

your floor mats don't suck, the idea that the world should solve all your problems for you at the low-low price of $89.99 does.

Old 01-14-2023, 01:09 PM
Mudding
Received 156 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by skeptical
sure, ok. except that's not what's happening.

they are protecting the floor. what they aren't doing is functioning as a water-tight barrier for whatever OP is doing. which is part of the reason why in a truck like this, the floors are made to be waterproof. the floor mat is just additional protection. see all that junk on the mat that's not on the floor? that's the mat doing what it's intended to do.

but instead of coming here looking for a solution to their very specific problem, the post reads that they SUCK.

the floor mats don't suck. they're a standard design used by nearly all high-end manufacturers to protect floors and carpet. if you take care of your stuff, they will do that quite well. what SUCKS is exactly what i called out originally, which is this internet-driven-five-stars-or-zero-stars-uber-consumerist-entitlement junk.

your floor mats don't suck, the idea that the world should solve all your problems for you at the low-low price of $89.99 does.
I would expect the floor mats to be water-tight aside from pouring a bunch of water that floods over the edges. Call me crazy, but Ford perfected a no-leak rubber floor mat in all of the 4x4 Rangers I had between 2001 and 2010, so it seems reasonable for LR to do the same. I would expect any rubber floormat in an off-road vehicle to do the same. Clearly my standards are too high.

jusmax88 (01-18-2023)

Quick Reply: Front rubber LR floor mats suck