Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuji vs Yulong White

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 09:13 AM
Overlanding
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Fuji vs Yulong White

I put in an order for a 110 about a month ago.

I've still got 2 more months to amend the build and the only thing I can't totally decide on is color.

I don't really love any of the color options so I tentatively am going with the Fuji white.

I feel like the LR vehicle build page does a pretty poor job of showing what the colors look like in real life. Does anyone have an opinion on Fuji white versus Yulong white? I assume Yulong will have a bit of metallic shine in it as opposed to the 'flatter' Fuji coloring.

The only other colors I like would probably be like a Tasman blue or Pangea green with a white roof but I don't really know if I like it enough to spend the extra 2k on those combos.

I am also getting the white steelies.

Thanks for any input.

Old 07-28-2021, 09:42 AM
Mudding
Received 116 Likes on 58 Posts

Another person's input on their color preference really has no relevance to your personal taste. You've stated clearly that you don't like any of the color options..........not sure anyone can help you with that. I have Tasman Blue with a White Top and White Steelies........works for me!!!!! Good luck!!!!

The following users liked this post:
dshark1 (06-08-2023)
Old 07-28-2021, 09:46 AM
Mudding
Received 147 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Barstoolman1127
Another person's input on their color preference really has no relevance to your personal taste. You've stated clearly that you don't like any of the color options..........not sure anyone can help you with that. I have Tasman Blue with a White Top and White Steelies........works for me!!!!! Good luck!!!!

I picked the same color combo, great choice, great pics. Agreed about the choices, it's too subjective person to person

Ahparke (07-28-2021)
Old 07-28-2021, 09:54 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Barstoolman1127

I guess my real question is what is the difference between Fuji and Yulong?

Moretti (07-28-2021)
Old 07-28-2021, 10:00 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,408 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by philca
I put in an order for a 110 about a month ago.

I've still got 2 more months to amend the build and the only thing I can't totally decide on is color.

I don't really love any of the color options so I tentatively am going with the Fuji white.

I feel like the LR vehicle build page does a pretty poor job of showing what the colors look like in real life. Does anyone have an opinion on Fuji white versus Yulong white? I assume Yulong will have a bit of metallic shine in it as opposed to the 'flatter' Fuji coloring.

The only other colors I like would probably be like a Tasman blue or Pangea green with a white roof but I don't really know if I like it enough to spend the extra 2k on those combos.

I am also getting the white steelies.

Thanks for any input.
You might not be able to see a new Defender with Yulong or Fuji but look for a used LR or RR with them. Should be easier to find.

Old 07-28-2021, 11:16 AM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by philca
I guess my real question is what is the difference between Fuji and Yulong?
Personally I like Yulong better as its not as bright of a white from my eyes.

I think there will be less of them although I doubt most people can tell the subtle difference unless they are side by side.

Last edited by Moretti; 07-28-2021 at 11:18 AM.
Simon14 (07-29-2021)
Old 07-28-2021, 02:36 PM
Mudding
Received 91 Likes on 43 Posts
angelboing (07-28-2021)
Old 07-28-2021, 03:01 PM
Mudding
Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts

For what it’s worth, I’ve gone with Fuji and a black roof. Fuji is very white, and I might have picked Yulong, but doing Yulong is adding an extra 2K. And as a metallic paint, it will cost more to fix. Like you, I’ve struggled with colour. I like all of the colours except black, but without a contrast roof they all don’t quite work to my eyes. So solid white with a contrast roof is the least expensive option. Hence, Fuji.

Old 07-28-2021, 03:17 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

I went with Fuji because I wanted a bright white. I saw a Yulong white in the show room and both the salesperson and I thought it was silver until we looked at the window sticker. Yulong really changes with the available light.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:25 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by mammoth
I went with Fuji because I wanted a bright white. I saw a Yulong white in the show room and both the salesperson and I thought it was silver until we looked at the window sticker. Yulong really changes with the available light.

thanks, exactly what I wanted to know. Going with Fuji.

mammoth (07-29-2021)

Quick Reply: Fuji vs Yulong White