Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads Up Display

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2020, 05:12 PM
Overlanding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Heads Up Display

Driving today there was a change in the heads up display - it no longer constantly displays the roads's speed limit- when the speed limit changes it pops up in a circle and disappears.

Old 10-27-2020, 11:22 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by docnj
Driving today there was a change in the heads up display - it no longer constantly displays the roads's speed limit- when the speed limit changes it pops up in a circle and disappears.
My dealer had 11x the 110 version 3 weeks back. Non of them from my recollection had the heads up display. I test drove as I put myself on the list for the 90 when able to order. Granted I did not read all sticker features on the lot, but for sure 7 of them did not have "heads up display". Test drove of course.

It is such an awesome feature, I am shocked at how many at the dealer and online seemingly never have it as a added feature.

Might be a low response on this question due to lack of people opting for it or not realizing or experiencing what it is. Audi does a great job with theirs, only available with them in the Prestige package.

Old 10-28-2020, 12:02 AM
Winching
Received 559 Likes on 252 Posts

Perform an infotainment system reset, you may get the familiar speed limit signs back, both in the HUD and in the driver display, instead of the quickly disappearing Euro versions. Happened to me as well, one of the many glitches of the infotainment system that will hopefully be addressed in upcoming software updates.

Resetting the system (parked and with engine idling, push the infotainment system power button and hold it for 15 seconds or so, until the screen goes blank and restarts) usually fixes most issues - for a while, anyway.

Last edited by umbertob; 10-28-2020 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-28-2020, 07:49 AM
Mudding
Received 89 Likes on 49 Posts

Hi,

I know that many find the heads up display a worthwhile feature, but I do not. I didn't order it on my Defender because I couldn't see paying almost $1k for something that I won't or can't use. Both my wife and I have polarized sunglasses and it totally washes out the heads up display in our current and previous cars. I also don't spend a lot of time driving at night, so really not a huge benefit there either.

I find the gauges to be really nice looking and there is so much more info I should be scanning at least a few times while I drive.

I know a lot of people won't buy a new car with it, but unless it is a no cost option, I just won't pay for it.

That being said, try the fix above, I think it should work for just about any of the gremlins with the display electronics.

Rob

Old 10-28-2020, 06:17 PM
Mudding
Received 78 Likes on 45 Posts

I do have the heads up display in my Discovery, but when I have sunglasses on, you don't see it very well at all. It is kind of cool (especially if other terrain response modes aside from the general mode) but is not one of those "must have" items in my opinion--especially for the price.
----------------------------------------------------------
2020 Defender 110 First Edition Indus Silver (Current)
2020 Discovery HSE Luxury Si6 Fuji White (Current)
2015 RRS Autobiography Fuji White (Former)
2011 RRS Supercharged Fuji White (Former)
2008 LR2 Fuji White (Former)

Originally Posted by crewcabrob
Hi,

I know that many find the heads up display a worthwhile feature, but I do not. I didn't order it on my Defender because I couldn't see paying almost $1k for something that I won't or can't use. Both my wife and I have polarized sunglasses and it totally washes out the heads up display in our current and previous cars. I also don't spend a lot of time driving at night, so really not a huge benefit there either.

I find the gauges to be really nice looking and there is so much more info I should be scanning at least a few times while I drive.

I know a lot of people won't buy a new car with it, but unless it is a no cost option, I just won't pay for it.

That being said, try the fix above, I think it should work for just about any of the gremlins with the display electronics.

Rob

Old 10-28-2020, 11:16 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Tucker Woods
I do have the heads up display in my Discovery, but when I have sunglasses on, you don't see it very well at all. It is kind of cool (especially if other terrain response modes aside from the general mode) but is not one of those "must have" items in my opinion--especially for the price.
My guess is you are wearing polarized glasses? Non-polar, no issue.

Old 10-29-2020, 04:46 AM
Winching
Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Is there an adjustment in terms of moving the HUD around? It actually blocks my field of vision.

Old 10-29-2020, 04:58 AM
Mudding
Received 78 Likes on 45 Posts

In the Discovery, you can move the HUD image up and down.

Originally Posted by sblvro
Is there an adjustment in terms of moving the HUD around? It actually blocks my field of vision.

Old 10-29-2020, 04:59 AM
Winching
Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Tucker Woods
In the Discovery, you can move the HUD image up and down.

Yes, how do you do that with the D2?

Old 10-29-2020, 08:54 AM
Winching
Received 559 Likes on 252 Posts

There is a range of HUD adjustments in the instrument panel menu options, which you access by pressing the "o" button on the LH side of the steering wheel, then the navigation arrows that pop up around that symbol. You can turn the HUD off/on, change its height, brightness and quantity of information displayed in it.

Quick Reply: Heads Up Display