Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me spend my money: Poll

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 05:58 PM
Mudding
Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Barstoolman1127
Steelies and White Top, regardless of what exterior color you choose...other than White!!!!

wow! I love the P90 but just not big enough.

Old 05-19-2021, 06:04 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 308 Likes on 171 Posts

Ok, what is the solar attenuating glass? Is it possible we have it? Cause Apple Car Play is working fine. Just curious.​​​​

Old 05-19-2021, 06:06 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Kev M
Ok, what is the solar attenuating glass? Is it possible we have it? Cause Apple Car Play is working fine. Just curious.​​​​
it is an option in Australia. I like the idea because it gets hot here. But I don’t want it screwing with reception.

The following users liked this post:
Kev M (05-19-2021)
Old 05-19-2021, 06:33 PM
Mudding
Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Kev M
I have solar attenuating windscreen on the Defender I have on order (P# 047EB). I'm not sure if it is part of the cold weather pack (with heating element) or whatever pack the head-up display is included with--I have both. This type windscreen provides UV light protection and I think it's polarized but not sure. It will screw with toll passes and radar detectors if these things are not positioned in the non-coated regions around the rear view mirror--as I found out with our Velar.

Simon14 (05-19-2021)
Old 05-19-2021, 06:37 PM
Mudding
Smile

Originally Posted by TheMoke
I have solar attenuating windscreen on the Defender I have on order (P# 047EB). I'm not sure if it is part of the cold weather pack (with heating element) or whatever pack the head-up display is included with--I have both. This type windscreen provides UV light protection and I think it's polarized but not sure. It will screw with toll passes and radar detectors if these things are not positioned in the non-coated regions around the rear view mirror--as I found out with our Velar.
Thanks. I’m trying to figure out if it screws with phone reception and GPS? Any experience with it doing that.

Old 05-19-2021, 06:56 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 308 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMoke
If it's part of the cold weather pack/heated windshield in the US, then we have it

It does indeed make our EZPass transmitter useless (or did till we moved it to the fixed sunroof glass).

It doesn't seem to effect our Droid or Apple phones and their functions as GPSs.

Old 05-19-2021, 06:58 PM
Mudding
Received 116 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Simon14
wow! I love the P90 but just not big enough.
So, just go with the 110 or wait for the 130 just as long as you get Steelies with a White Top.....Cheeers!!!

Simon14 (05-19-2021)
Old 05-20-2021, 03:15 AM
Mudding

Ok, so lots of great advice and I’ve made my decisions. Probably upset a few but here goes.

I’m going with white body and steelies. Why? Because it meets my desire for each element of my purchase to be about adding functionality and not cosmetics. And the earliest Defender were often white on white. With the black elements, I think it works and it costs nothing extra.

I’ve deleted the centre console and gone with the walk through cabin. The console has minimal storage and the walk through gives me access to the back, still has cup holders and some shelf space and let’s me have my dog tucked into the front footwell with a place to rest her head. It also means at a shove I can dump a duffel there if squeezed for space. And if it’s raining, I can just walk through. I know many people like the shelf to rest an arm on, but I hate that and don’t find it comfortable at all.

I’ve stuck with the thermal glass. Australia is hot. Feedback suggested it didn’t screw up phones. And UV wrecks dashes.

I’ve also stuck with the oyster lining. Having sat in two Defender’s today, one with ebony headlining and the other oyster, I actually preferred the airiness the lighter color creates. And again, no cost.

And finally I’ve stuck with the 10” screen. Having seen the 11.4” screen, it seems to not fit quite as nicely.

Added the off-road pack for the power plug in the back that will have a small car fridge plugged in and the white cross bar for a bit of aesthetic flair inside.

And again, thanks all. I know I didn’t take everyone’s advice, but I did appreciate your input. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive. Some time late this year I expect.

The following 3 users liked this post by Simon14:
Chief65 (05-20-2021), John McGuinness (05-20-2021), Kev M (05-20-2021)
Old 09-06-2023, 07:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like you put a lot of thought into customizing your vehicle.

Now, onto your dilemmas:
A: When it comes to the color options, I'd lean towards B) Pangea Green with 18” Steelies. It adds a unique touch to your vehicle's appearance, and speaking of unique choices, if you're still interested, you might want to check out some bingo apps that pay real money. It's a fun way to potentially earn some extra cash while enjoying your new ride.

B: The new 11.4” screen is a modern upgrade, and if it complements your interior, it's worth considering.

Make sure to double-check any potential issues with the solar glass. Enjoy your new ride, and even though this thread is a bit old, your decisions still matter.

Last edited by williamssttebbins; 09-08-2023 at 06:02 AM.
jusmax88 (09-07-2023)
Old 09-08-2023, 09:48 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 246 Likes on 131 Posts

A: B (lol, you went from numbers to letters)
B: 1 - pretty sure you can't get 2 on that model, maybe they've stopped being stingy it's been a year since we tried
C: 1, have not heard anything great about the three front seat model.
D: 1. have had no gps/phon issues with ours, car is noticably cooler than our other car in the sun.

Quick Reply: Help me spend my money: Poll