2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How is 2020 Defender Reliability?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 03:05 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 261 Likes on 138 Posts

There is a group of us from Seattle on this Forum. I agree with Trio, get the 400 if you need a little kick. I debated the 300 or 400 question a lot, but what settled it for me was my wife Acura MDX. The MDX has 290 HP and when I need it to go, it goes. In those cases, I switch to the sports mode and do the shifting myself. The MDX is about 500 pounds lighter though but my Defender will have 6 more ponies, and 2 more gears. Something to consider if you can handle a smaller backspace is the 90. Same engines but a lighter defender. My final thought, PowerfulUK did a 0-60 video and his P300 was a full second faster than the Land Rover stated 0-60.

Old 10-13-2020, 06:17 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ADVAW8S
There is a group of us from Seattle on this Forum. I agree with Trio, get the 400 if you need a little kick. I debated the 300 or 400 question a lot, but what settled it for me was my wife Acura MDX. The MDX has 290 HP and when I need it to go, it goes. In those cases, I switch to the sports mode and do the shifting myself. The MDX is about 500 pounds lighter though but my Defender will have 6 more ponies, and 2 more gears. Something to consider if you can handle a smaller backspace is the 90. Same engines but a lighter defender. My final thought, PowerfulUK did a 0-60 video and his P300 was a full second faster than the Land Rover stated 0-60.
Thanks! I was kind of leaning that way anyway. I love my BMWs 450hp although I rarely have need of it, glad when it’s there.

Old 10-13-2020, 07:42 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SeattleStarGazer
Thanks! I was kind of leaning that way anyway. I love my BMWs 450hp although I rarely have need of it, glad when it’s there.
Its more than a little a kick. The P400 is the option for me personally. Sub 300 ponies in a heavy SUV doesn't cut it for my heavy foot. LOL.

The following users liked this post:
TexasLandmark (10-14-2020)
Old 10-13-2020, 11:21 PM
4wd High

Not sure if this is an appropriate question, but regarding dealerships in Seattle area, any experience with the one in Lynnwood? It’s most handy for me.

Thanks, Wayne

Old 10-14-2020, 10:37 AM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@ADVAW8S my wife also has a 2016 Acura MDX. We leave the car in sport mode and I didn't want to get fomo with a defender with lower power:weight ratio. Which pushed me towards the P400.

Old 10-16-2020, 12:44 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 261 Likes on 138 Posts

I am getting mine through the Lynwood Dealership and the guy I am working with has been killer, his name is Sean Kent. He gave my his cell and he has been great about answering questions via text after I put my order in. I heard the service department is good but the Bellevue one is better. I had a friend who got her LR and needed the Lynwood service department to put on a front license plate holder. They put it on but it was centered in front, it was off quite a bit. She asked for them to fix it and the worker pushed back. The other is getting work done, Bellevue seems to be less busy than the Lynnwood so you can get quicker appointments.

Old 10-16-2020, 05:06 PM
4wd High

I am getting mine through the Lynwood Dealership and the guy I am working with has been killer, his name is Sean Kent. He gave my his cell and he has been great about answering questions via text after I put my order in. I heard the service department is good but the Bellevue one is better. I had a friend who got her LR and needed the Lynwood service department to put on a front license plate holder. They put it on but it was centered in front, it was off quite a bit. She asked for them to fix it and the worker pushed back. The other is getting work done, Bellevue seems to be less busy than the Lynnwood so you can get quicker appointments.
Thanks for the data point! Congratulations on your upcoming Defender! Are you getting a 2021 model and what delivery time are they quoting?

Old 10-18-2020, 11:52 AM
4wd High

I went into the Lynwood dealership yesterday, took a test drive. Was pretty impressed with pickup and handling, given it was a short drive. Was pretty quiet, given it was on off-road tires. Car felt very substantial and safe. Loved the interior. Lots of room but I Did decide I wouldn’t get the third row seating, just too cramped.

I was surprised to see a $5000 “Market Markup”. Not interested in paying that for an already-expensive car. Anyone else running into that?

wayne

Old 10-18-2020, 02:28 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Here in SWFL - initially, of the 2 dealers in the area, 5k & 10k markup... until about a month ago - dealer 1 back to MSRP and dealer to about 2 weeks ago back to MRSP. Both seem to advertise the LR allowance, their online pricing.

Not to exclude $$ adding dealer accessories... whole different story.. .say 78k HSE - hight 80's when adding the different packs.

I wish I could find a CPO LOL - even the few 'used' ones on CarGurus are way overpriced....seeking an uneducated buyer...IMO