Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Integrated Air Compressor or ARB Compressor

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2020, 07:51 PM
Overlanding
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Integrated Air Compressor or ARB Compressor

Please disregard this post. After I posted I found the thread. Couldn't find it using the search function but as soon as I posted my question all the related threads showed up! Rookie mistake, my bad.
Once I figure out how to delete this post I'll be in business. Thanks for your patience

Howdy folks, first post for me. Got a deposit in at my local LR dealer and looking at a September delivery for an Eiger gray Defender 110, 6 Cylinder. Still havent finalized my build.
Questions for the herd:
If you have the integrated air compressor, Is it worth adding it to my build or would it be better to add an ARB setup after I take delivery?
If you have an ARB setup, which one did you get and where did you mount it?

Gracias

Last edited by jwasson68; 12-29-2020 at 07:58 PM. Reason: found the answer after I posted.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:39 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jwasson68
Please disregard this post. After I posted I found the thread. Couldn't find it using the search function but as soon as I posted my question all the related threads showed up! Rookie mistake, my bad.
Once I figure out how to delete this post I'll be in business. Thanks for your patience

Howdy folks, first post for me. Got a deposit in at my local LR dealer and looking at a September delivery for an Eiger gray Defender 110, 6 Cylinder. Still havent finalized my build.
Questions for the herd:
If you have the integrated air compressor, Is it worth adding it to my build or would it be better to add an ARB setup after I take delivery?
If you have an ARB setup, which one did you get and where did you mount it?

Gracias
inhad the ARB compressor in a big Jeep build of mine. It ORIGINALLY had two purposes. First and most importantly was to run the air lockers on my 1 ton axles. Second was to air upmy tires after the trail. The second was too much of PITA as it involved opening the hood to get to the compressor under a hot engine compartment often in the heat of summer in Texas. The compressor was also very noisy. Ended up upgrading my warn zeon winch to a warnpower plant to have a second compressor especially for tires or whatever. Point being, I’d take the integrated Land Rover unit all day, every day over the noisy arb compressor.

Old 12-29-2020, 08:46 PM
Overlanding

That is a pro tip! Ive been thinking the ARB mounted in the Engine compartment was the coolest thing since sliced bread but hadnt even thought about opening the furnace after a hard day. Thanks mate.

Old 12-29-2020, 09:30 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Whoa you have a 9+ month build time? When did you place you order?

Old 12-30-2020, 12:52 AM
Overlanding

Just a couple weeks ago in Colorado Springs. I think build time is 3-4 months but my spot in line puts me at a September delivery. Works out perfectly for me financially,so all good. I could buy off the lot today but Im better off waiting.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:05 AM
Mudding
Received 136 Likes on 76 Posts

We have the integrated Air Compressor and it works great for us. It makes airing down and back up easy. I love that I just have to choose my air pressure and move the hose from wheel to wheel. It's much easier than the compressor we used on our LR4

Old 12-30-2020, 11:57 AM
Winching

Just a couple weeks ago in Colorado Springs. I think build time is 3-4 months but my spot in line puts me at a September delivery. Works out perfectly for me financially,so all good. I could buy off the lot today but Im better off waiting.
Wow that is interesting to here. Did the Denver Metro dealers have the same depth of queue? Did the Colorado Springs dealer give you anything exceeding the 1k allowance?

What did you get in your factory order that you could not get off the lot?

Old 12-30-2020, 11:58 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by DonMitsu
We have the integrated Air Compressor and it works great for us. It makes airing down and back up easy. I love that I just have to choose my air pressure and move the hose from wheel to wheel. It's much easier than the compressor we used on our LR4
I was debating on going with the Viair 450P. I think I watched a comparison video showing the integrated compressor took longer to deflate and then inflate.

Old 12-30-2020, 12:40 PM
Overlanding

To be honest I didn't check with Denver, so not sure what the queue is like up there. Im in no rush so no reason to chase down other options. My Co Springs dealer didnt offer me anything yet, except the super sweet Lego set!. I paid a $1K refundable deposit to get in line, and in May/June I'll finalize my build. They did say if I order the 4 Cylinder that my deposit probably wouldn't be refundable since they aren't seeing much demand for those. I'm going with the 6 Cylinder so that doesn't matter for me.

If I was in a rush I could take something off the lot but the ones that are available on my lot didnt have the electronic active differential except for one which was priced at something like $83K.

They said they can also work with other LR dealerships across the nation to get something sooner but September works for me.

Old 01-06-2021, 10:55 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

To be honest I didn't check with Denver, so not sure what the queue is like up there. Im in no rush so no reason to chase down other options. My Co Springs dealer didnt offer me anything yet, except the super sweet Lego set!. I paid a $1K refundable deposit to get in line, and in May/June I'll finalize my build. They did say if I order the 4 Cylinder that my deposit probably wouldn't be refundable since they aren't seeing much demand for those. I'm going with the 6 Cylinder so that doesn't matter for me.

If I was in a rush I could take something off the lot but the ones that are available on my lot didnt have the electronic active differential except for one which was priced at something like $83K.

They said they can also work with other LR dealerships across the nation to get something sooner but September works for me.
Whatttt?? I bought mine through the Springs location and didn’t get the lego set! What a ripoff lol. I might ask them about it when I have them install the air compressor next week.

Also - Denver dealers queue was worse. They have buyers lined up for the foreseeable future when I called to check on what they had. Think the Springs has less foot traffic than the Denver one.

Quick Reply: Integrated Air Compressor or ARB Compressor