Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Integrated Air Compressor software update

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2022, 11:54 AM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Integrated Air Compressor software update

Has anyone successfully done the software update for the integrated air compressor?
LR has the procedure on their official instruction for installing the integrated air compressor by using the phone app "LR IAC Update"
However it requires a login account which can only be provided by LR, I tried to contact service department of my local dealership, they seem have no idea what I talked about.

Old 11-13-2022, 04:28 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,166 Likes on 626 Posts

Not yet but mine needs the update too

Old 11-13-2022, 04:46 PM
Overlanding

mine blew the fuse first time used it. I replaced the fuse and briefly tested it, it was working fine.
but I have heard from posted online that ppl say theirs blow fuse occasionally. So I hope the update would fix the issue.
Again, have not able to carry out with the update for it.

Old 11-13-2022, 11:57 PM
Pro Wrench

This is what mine needs... (at least I think). See attached service bulletin. I get this same error code.

It does say something on here about a fuse too...

Attached Files
Old 11-14-2022, 07:16 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 698 Likes on 405 Posts

nashvegas:

Thanks for sharing the file - interesting. These darn new-fangled AGM batteries and tight voltage band requirements for computers strikes again. A lot of current draw in a short time is a challenge, I suppose.

I hope obtaining the access code is not overly difficult.

Old 11-14-2022, 10:26 AM
Overlanding

after experiencing difficulties with getting help from the service department at one of my local dealership. I called the LR North America for help, after multiple tries explaining what it is, I was told that local service department are the one who can give access to the update. All they need is to be provided with the reference# from the pdf file which shared by @nashvegas , and they should have an idea then. However, I have not tried yet to contact the dealership again.

Old 12-03-2022, 02:38 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 235 Likes on 97 Posts

Thanks for notifying us of this. Mine has always work (except for the new issue mentioned below), but occasionally I get the error messages. A off/on cycle seems to clear it fine. I've downloaded the update and scheduled for my 20K mile service soon, so I'll ask my dealer as well.

On a side note, my compressor is reading air pressures about 10-13 pounds lower than actual. In other words, I have to set it to pump to what it thinks is 59 psi in order to get about 47 psi into the tire. It has functioned perfectly until just recently. It still pumps air and makes adjustments, but it off with its pressure readings. It's like it needs to be reset or re-calibrated for accurate pressure readings. Maybe the software update will help.

Last edited by drcoop; 12-03-2022 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-03-2022, 05:39 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Had mine updated after occasionally getting the E4 error. It now is worse. Can't adjust the pressure whatsoever and shows hieroglyphics on the display.

Old 12-03-2022, 09:50 PM
Pro Wrench

Well that's not good to hear @gts944 I was on a trail run today and compressor was fine, but when I was airing back up (I know I know) the 4th of 4 tires at the end of the run, I got a repeated E4 code and it wouldn't work. Power cycle and it'd work for 1-2 mins. Then E4 again. Eventually it was fine after 3 power cycles. I did not see any hieroglyphics on display during this.

Old 12-04-2022, 10:01 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Well that's not good to hear gts944 I was on a trail run today and compressor was fine, but when I was airing back up (I know I know) the 4th of 4 tires at the end of the run, I got a repeated E4 code and it wouldn't work. Power cycle and it'd work for 1-2 mins. Then E4 again. Eventually it was fine after 3 power cycles. I did not see any hieroglyphics on display during this.
Yeah, that was the issue I had pre-update. Occasionally would not work (E4) but after turning the car off and on, would work again. Hopefully my new issue is that something went wrong with the update process, rather than the update itself is dysfunctional. We'll see...

Quick Reply: Integrated Air Compressor software update