Sponsored by:

Issues with Bluetooth on Defender X with iPhone

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 04:43 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with Bluetooth on Defender X with iPhone

Hi,

I'm currently using an iPhone 11 and often unable to the other party as it appears to sound like it's underwater. Eventually the call might rectify itself but it's really frustrating. I'm on the latest software update on the vehicle and iPhone.

I'm thinking this is a Bluetooth issue as I can make calls normally via the phone. Has anyone else experienced any similar issues with connection quality on the new Defender? I'm going to raise this with Land Rover as well.

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:45 AM
Mudding
Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

We experienced a similar problem in my wife's Velar. it just started happening one day. For people on the other line they could barely hear us talking--we sounded muffled and lots of background noise. I assumed it to be a bluetooth issue but it turned out to be the center console air vent. it was tilted upward towards the roof and the air was blowing across the in-car microphone. adjusting the air vent downwards fixed the problem. if there is continuous air blown across the microphone, it may well block incoming audio as well. Turn the a/c blower off to check.