Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JLR Dashcam user documentation?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2022, 08:47 AM
Winching
Received 608 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by Defender90NY
The dash cam with installation was $1695. Expensive I know but I only wanted to deal with one source. It was part of my order and was the first one they ever installed at my local dealer. After my truck arrived for delivery, they spent a week working on the installation, giving up at the end of the week with the cam somehow blown. They ordered a new cam and delivered the truck to me to finish the installation later.

About a month later I went back in to get the cam installation finished, and to have them look at some other issues:
- one speaker buzzing - they replaced it
- the HUD sometimes does not come on - they could not verify
- shifting itself into neutral at a stop - they could not verify
- auto rain wipers not working - they replaced the body control module(BCM) / gateway module (GWM), updated it 7 times, reprogrammed both keys twice, they may have also replaced the rain sensor

It was at the dealer for 3 weeks. 1 week in the middle was waiting for the BCM, and then a week of getting that to work.
Wow! You state the dealer spent a week on the dash cam install, giving up after it was ‘blown’, only to order a new one to complete the install. That does not give me confidence in the level of workmanship at some of these dealers. They should have watched PowerfulUK’s video on the install. It is pretty much plug and play, with a harness that taps into existing wiring in the overhead console. I installed a Garmin Mini2, pretty much the same installation, as I bought the harness tap from PowerfulUK custom made for the Garmin. Took maybe an hour to finish. How they managed to botch that is beyond comprehension. Another scary story of a dealership that needs to get their act together.