2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JLR-Retrofits are the best!!! Way to activate hidden stuff on our trucks!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 01:15 AM
Mudding
Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts
Default JLR-Retrofits are the best!!! Way to activate hidden stuff on our trucks!

Last edited by Mark1107; 02-08-2022 at 08:18 PM. Reason: .....
Old 03-19-2021, 04:57 PM
Drifting
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Is there an equivalent service in the US?

The following users liked this post:
DefenderSmitty (03-21-2021)
Old 03-19-2021, 05:22 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

IDK....
The electronics seem wonky enough before adding a 3rd party.
Good alternative though.

PaulLR (03-21-2021)
Old 03-20-2021, 08:47 AM
Mudding
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Yeah, this seems rife for failure, but good luck!

Old 03-20-2021, 01:11 PM
Overlanding
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have anymore photos? I don’t think I’ve got the full picture of what’s being offered.

Old 03-20-2021, 02:50 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 266 Likes on 166 Posts

Be careful what you ask for.

Originally Posted by JHDefender
Do you have anymore photos? I don’t think I’ve got the full picture of what’s being offered.

TheManMac (03-16-2023)
Old 03-21-2021, 12:23 AM
Mudding
Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Last edited by Mark1107; 02-08-2022 at 08:19 PM. Reason: ......
Old 03-21-2021, 11:26 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 634 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by evomind
IDK....
The electronics seem wonky enough before adding a 3rd party. .
^This.^ Not sure I want to add Mo to my new Defender programming. I can envision the center display screen suddenly going blank followed by the all the warning lights coming on at once. (aka "Christmas Tree of Death" that LR3 & LR4 owners have experienced)

Last edited by PaulLR; 03-21-2021 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-29-2021, 01:05 AM
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Retrofit

Originally Posted by Mark1107
I hired Mo to activate the advanced off road software, ATPC TR2 and Configurable Terrain Response since my truck didn’t come with it.

Mo has a secret sauce ccf file that he downloads thru TeamViewer to your dealer/tech/Indy shop laptop running Pathfinder software with an active subscription. Then he directs your tech over what’s App to cycle the engine and do what he asks. After the software loads, he has your tech run diagnostics and make sure everything is back to normal and BOOM you have extra toys hidden inside every single Defender!

1. No you can’t do this yourself thru the obd port. You need top secret ccf files that Mo has spent months hacking and putting together to integrate into our bcm CCF files architecture. NO ONE BUT MO CAN DO THIS. AND YES SIMON OF POWERFULUK WENT THRU MO FOR HIS. NO ONE CAN HACK THE NEW CCF ARCHITECTURE ON 2020+DEFENDERS. NOT EVEN GAP DIAGNOSTIC. (Yet)

2. EMPASIS MINE: NO THE DEALERSHIP CANT TELL YOU DID THIS. THERE IS NO RECORD OF THIS HACK. NO ERROR MESSAGES NO SECRET JLR POLICE TO VOID YOUR WARRANTY. NO THE DEALERSHIP CANT HOOK UP PATHFINDER AND SAY OHHH YOU HACKED YOUR CAR YOUR WARRANTY IS VOID! SORRY DUDLEY DO RIGHT BOYSCOUTS FOLLOW THE RULES STATUS QUO LOVERS. THE CCF HACKED FILE IS HIDEN SO DEEP IT CANT BE FOUND. NO THE SOFTWARE OVER THE AIR UPDTES WONT CATCH IT, WONT ERASE IT, WONT OVERRITE IT. SORRY FOR EVERY SKY IS FALLING NEGATIVE NANCY. THER. IS. ABSOLUTELY.NO.NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCES.FOR THIS.

3. Now I have everything I want except the electronic rear locking differential. Guess what Mo can activate that once I buy it for 1500 pounds! Whoo hoo. Yes I screwed up and bought a fully loaded truck without but now that Mo makes my dreams come true it’s All good!

4, MO is a magic man! Here’s why.
‘A. Want adaptive cruise? The hardware in every single defender. Mo will activate it.
B. Want WiFi hotspot? Mo can activate it after you buy the 2 usb plug with a SIM card. Yes all of our trucks have hotspots built in. Mo is still researching but should be on the menu soon.
C. Want special headlights? Mo can activate them.
D. Want the off road pack goodies but no Ediff? ATPC, TR2 and CTR are youRS and can be activated.

Again for all of the scared haters: no warranty voided. No SOTA conflicts, no rewrites. No police.

FYI my dealership and service advisor and Tech all participated in this process so for every hater, laugh at my Wrath of Khan superior intellect! THE DEALERSHIP DID THIS FOR ME WITH THEIR FULL BLESSINGS. EVEN THE SERVICE MANAGER KNEW WHAT THE ADVISOR TECH DID! NO I WONT SHARE THE DEALERSHIP. YES IT COST ME 200 BUCKS IN BRIBES plus 300 pounds!

300 pounds thru PayPal upfront to Mo. Your tech needs an active Pathfinder subscription with team viewer so Mo can take over, and you need What’s App on your phone for the conference call and the battery on a tender and the tech follows Mo’s prompts and cycles ignition and other stuff.

after Mo is done, he runs major diagnostics, run checks and balances, tests everything out, and now you can go play!

‘’have at it boys and girls! I will let you know when I buy the torque vectoring electronic physical e differential install it and then have Mo use his secret sauce to activate it! I’m in love with JLR-Retrofits.com!

https://jlr-retrofits.co.uk/services

a load of rubbish to think Jlr cant see this, I assure you they can. The CCF file will show a mismatch when connected to the diagnostic tool and the parts which are changed are shown.

the asbuilt will no longer match what is stored, and if flashed by the retailer the features will be switched off again. Worse still if there’s an issue it will be looked at by Jlr and warranty can by voided.

The following 2 users liked this post by john12345:
DrPizz (03-15-2023), Tartan (06-01-2021)
Old 03-14-2023, 12:07 PM
Mudding
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I've been doing some research, more to be done. but Seems like swapping the differential is 3k. Labor unknown (perhaps DIY) unless special tools needed.
Coding to tell ECU?
Other parts?

I ask as I may have found a spec that works for me, except for having the locking diff...

Quick Reply: JLR-Retrofits are the best!!! Way to activate hidden stuff on our trucks!