Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2021, 10:54 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 212 Likes on 140 Posts
Default Just sharing ...

Greetings.
Probably most of you, have already seen
If you did, then ignore my post.
If not, then this is the most manicured, and camping in style I have ever seen.
Anyways, enjoy.

Old 09-13-2021, 11:55 PM
Drifting
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Is his air mattress tailor made for the vehicle ???!!!

Old 09-14-2021, 02:21 AM
Winching
Received 559 Likes on 252 Posts

Yeah right, I am sure that's how he camps, unpacking 200 origami-like gadgets from little metal boxes to basically cook himself a steak and one egg in about 3 hours. They never show the cleanup part the following morning, where he needs to wash all those disgusting wooden cutting boards and utensils, rinse the soap scum off his shower / poop enclosure, can't find all the tiny pieces of the cute-as-a-button aluminum and wooden stove and forgets how to fold all that crap back into his super cool tactical backpack, lol. After 15 years of camping with it, I sometimes still get stumped packing away my Jetboil! And where did the steak and egg come from, anyway? For all the amazing gadgets he pulled out and threw all over the place, I didn't see a fridge. Perhaps he found them in the forest, next to the pile of perfectly sized firewood.

The following 2 users liked this post by umbertob:
angelboing (09-14-2021), PaulLR (09-14-2021)
Old 09-14-2021, 02:48 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 432 Likes on 202 Posts

I couldn't get out camping without a fridge..

The following 2 users liked this post by Defendit..:
Ace7711 (09-14-2021), GrouseK9 (09-14-2021)
Old 09-14-2021, 05:13 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,407 Likes on 710 Posts

Originally Posted by umbertob
Yeah right, I am sure that's how he camps, unpacking 200 origami-like gadgets from little metal boxes to basically cook himself a steak and one egg in about 3 hours. They never show the cleanup part the following morning, where he needs to wash all those disgusting wooden cutting boards and utensils, rinse the soap scum off his shower / poop enclosure, can't find all the tiny pieces of the cute-as-a-button aluminum and wooden stove and forgets how to fold all that crap back into his super cool tactical backpack, lol. After 15 years of camping with it, I sometimes still get stugeed packing away my Jetboil! And where did the steak and egg come from, anyway? For all the amazing gadgets he pulled out and threw all over the place, I didn't see a fridge. Perhaps he found them in the forest, next to the pile of perfectly sized firewood.
More or less believable than Eva Zu Beck living in a Defender?

https://youtube.com/c/EvazuBeckOfficial

The following users liked this post:
Mechano2020 (09-14-2021)
Old 09-14-2021, 07:51 AM
Rock Crawling
Default Mattress

Originally Posted by rossco_7
Is his air mattress tailor made for the vehicle ???!!!
Based on one of his replies, to some one on youtube, he bought that mattress on Aliexpress. Looks like a prefect fit indeed.

Old 09-14-2021, 09:11 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,254 Likes on 746 Posts

If this is the video I remember (sorry, not watching it again), I crossed the AliExpress mattress over to a like version on Amazon with the same dimensions. It has since been discontinued, but I think you can still find one with the link. The important part is you can likely pull the dimensions and look for another like it. Good luck:
Amazon Amazon

@umbertob - Love it! I think we should take photos of our own Defenders when we go camping. I'll let you know that I did a part glamping/part lodging trip for a week and the back of the truck (with the rear seats folded down) was PACKED to the gills with a cooler, chairs, gear, bags, food, totes, etc. I must camp like Paris Hilton - if I own it, I'm bringing it! I could never go that minimal. Minimal is for when you carry it on your back and it's pack weight vs. comfort. Front country camping is for packing the conveniences!

Old 09-14-2021, 03:23 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,394 Likes on 688 Posts

That whole video (which I watched last time it was posted) is so antithetical to the idea of “camping.” It would be better labeled “gadgeting,” as the focus is all on his Defender and the custom storage solutions, and just about zero on, ummm, nature? Bring all your man-made crap out into a clearing in the woods (probably 100 yards from the highway) and sit around inside your truck for 18 hours then go home. LMAO.

GavinC (09-14-2021)
Old 09-14-2021, 03:32 PM
Rock Crawling
Default Is about the Defender

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
That whole video (which I watched last time it was posted) is so antithetical to the idea of “camping.” It would be better labeled “gadgeting,” as the focus is all on his Defender and the custom storage solutions, and just about zero on, ummm, nature? Bring all your man-made crap out into a clearing in the woods (probably 100 yards from the highway) and sit around inside your truck for 18 hours then go home. LMAO.
I am not sure that it was intended to be about the nature... Driving a 110 in the "nature" is an anathema for the tree and nature fans, hikers, campers, etc.
However, it does have some green stuff ( a.k.a. nature ) in the video.
What I thought it was about is space organizing for a Defender, more than anything. Most of his videos are just overnight stays.
Anyways.... is something different.

Parkstr8 (09-14-2021)
Old 09-14-2021, 04:26 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,407 Likes on 710 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
~$5k per month in YouTube income and he never reuses a single one of those camping toys because he probably can't walk out his front door any day of the week without tripping over more boxes of free camping toys sent by rando companies desperate for a feature.

For about 1 new video a week.

I'm not sure gadgeting is the first word I'd come up with. Laughing maybe?

Simon14 (09-14-2021)

Quick Reply: Just sharing ...