Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kahn Exhaust?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2023, 06:39 PM
Overlanding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Kahn Exhaust?!

Does anyone here in the forum have the Kahn Exhaust retrofitted? If so, what are your thoughts? I’m close to pulling the trigger, but I haven’t seen any real world reviews/thoughts outside of a few dated posts here in the forum.

Thanks and much appreciated!

Last edited by blvckcode; 01-16-2023 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-18-2023, 02:38 AM
4wd Low
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Doesn’t it void your Warranty if it is installed on a P400? That’s what I know.

Old 01-18-2023, 05:35 AM
Received 177 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Hamad_N
Doesn’t it void your Warranty if it is installed on a P400? That’s what I know.
This is not true. No aftermarket product inherently voids your vehicle's warranty in the US. Obviously if you install an aftermarket exhaust and that exhaust fails Land Rover won't cover it. However, if you install an aftermarket exhaust and your sunroof stops working Land Rover has no right to void your warranty. I'm being lazy and can't recall it's name but there's Federal legislation around this that was passed years ago.​​​​​​​

The following 4 users liked this post by EasternShoreDefender:
Beastly (01-23-2023), cfw3rd (01-23-2023), MattF (01-18-2023), Tenac (01-18-2023)
Old 01-18-2023, 06:15 AM
Mudding
Received 78 Likes on 48 Posts

This^^^

Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act : https://www.autocare.org/government-...s-Warranty-Act

The following 3 users liked this post by Jiman01:
EasternShoreDefender (01-18-2023), starbai (05-11-2023), Tenac (01-18-2023)
Old 01-22-2023, 01:49 PM
Winching
Received 165 Likes on 116 Posts

the kahn exhaust is a just a muffler delete with some new tips and the rear cover. It looks great but really over priced

you have a p400?

Originally Posted by blvckcode
Does anyone here in the forum have the Kahn Exhaust retrofitted? If so, what are your thoughts? I’m close to pulling the trigger, but I haven’t seen any real world reviews/thoughts outside of a few dated posts here in the forum.

Thanks and much appreciated!

Old 01-22-2023, 02:06 PM
Overlanding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yup, P400 (2020 110 X)

Old 01-22-2023, 02:10 PM
Winching

i would suggest either Quicksilver or FI Exhaust.

both are valvetronic. you can control the volume level by opening and closing the valves. Only two systems currently that have valves

Originally Posted by blvckcode
yup, P400 (2020 110 X)

Old 01-22-2023, 06:48 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Has anyone installed an after market exhaust on the V8? I've seen videos and read about the Milltek, but was wondering about the offerings from Fi Exhaust and Khan exhaust systems for the V8. Milltek unit seems to drone more than I want, based on reports and video's.

Old 01-22-2023, 06:58 PM
Winching

i have a v8 with miltek with resonators. the “drone”with the resonators is very minimal. i added sound deadening during my audio upgrade which muted 99% of drone.

both FI and Quicksilver uses their own valves and manual control. they don’t automatically open even at higher rpms.

i had issues with my FI system on my highly modified Bmw X5M. The rare time i had to valet the car i was surprised with an extreme increase in exhaust tone.

the valet was rolling around town and probably redlining. So much back pressure with the valves closed it actually blew off one of the connector pipes.

so when i was deciding on system for the Defender i wanted something that would function as OEM.

But the valves actually stay closed majority of the time on the defender unless in Dynamic or high revs and then closes immediately.

I had the first Miltek system in US and at the time only quicksilver was an the only other option.

if i would do it again today i would go with FI. Their exhaust note is much different than anything out there

Originally Posted by AAJR
Has anyone installed an after market exhaust on the V8? I've seen videos and read about the Milltek, but was wondering about the offerings from Fi Exhaust and Khan exhaust systems for the V8. Milltek unit seems to drone more than I want, based on reports and video's.

Old 01-22-2023, 11:18 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 159 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Ehloo
i have a v8 with miltek with resonators. the “drone”with the resonators is very minimal. i added sound deadening during my audio upgrade which muted 99% of drone.

both FI and Quicksilver uses their own valves and manual control. they don’t automatically open even at higher rpms.

i had issues with my FI system on my highly modified Bmw X5M. The rare time i had to valet the car i was surprised with an extreme increase in exhaust tone.

the valet was rolling around town and probably redlining. So much back pressure with the valves closed it actually blew off one of the connector pipes.

so when i was deciding on system for the Defender i wanted something that would function as OEM.

But the valves actually stay closed majority of the time on the defender unless in Dynamic or high revs and then closes immediately.

I had the first Miltek system in US and at the time only quicksilver was an the only other option.

if i would do it again today i would go with FI. Their exhaust note is much different than anything out there
Have you tried any type of chip tuner on your V8? If so can you share which and the results?

Quick Reply: Kahn Exhaust?!