Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Land Rover ADM's

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 09:11 AM
Mudding
Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by KidWagon2
I'm working with the Orlando dealerships and have been curious about others' experiences. I haven't ventured down to the Millennia dealership but spoke with the manager at Land Rover Orlando at length and he had made it sound like the new dealership down south had become increasingly aggressive about ADMs, and they wouldn't be doing that for new car orders, but that unfortunately they had to "play the game" with any used car/new stock and there would be significant markup. He had made it sound like he felt high ADMs weren't very sustainable for new customer growth. Makes sense to me but this market is just simply crazy right now.

At the current rate, I feel like the Grenadier may arrive before my Defender order. I placed an order for a Bronco over a year ago and nothing but crickets. My wife jokes we are going to end up with a driveway full of new cars....there are worse things.
So maybe we should take a poll on the number of car deposits here:

This what I have:

Cybertruck- who knows if this will ever get built
Canoo Activity Vehicle- another flight of fancy
Bronco- not touching it until they can make a roof
Taycan- might dump the audi and go cross tourismo gT for the wife
Grenadier- was thinking about leaving at the beach house
Audi RS Etron Gt- in purgatory

And the only to convert to an order is my D90X, which I have something special planned for.

Old 02-05-2022, 09:15 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by _Allegedly
Ordering the 4S with Mission-E wheels/upgraded brakes, full leather, premium pack, glass roof, and a couple other options.

That is beautiful Allegedly!!!! So is the house. And regarding the Tesla....I had a 2021 Model 3 Performance, WORST build quality I've seen in my 48 years of buying and driving cars. Drove it 630 miles and sold it, couldn't stand to look at all the misfit panels inside and out that they said they'd fix at delivery and couldn't....

Last edited by Low Country; 02-05-2022 at 09:19 AM.
The following users liked this post:
markjlr (02-05-2022)
Old 02-05-2022, 09:19 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by MacMia
...I really liked the Taycan w the mission e wheels, etc- but I hated the usability of the screens, especially the zillion hops to work air conditioning. It is a ridiculous car- and my wife drives a Porsche.

Sick garage btw!!!
Lol, that's the Porsche configurator garage. Mine could use a little love.

The vents are very unnecessarily complex and my wife was hung up on that for a bit so I asked her "when was the last time you moved them?" She says, "I guess only after a car wash". I said, "right, you'll never have to do that again, there's nothing for the detail guy to screw up."

Old 02-05-2022, 09:27 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by MacMia
So maybe we should take a poll on the number of car deposits here:

This what I have:

Cybertruck- who knows if this will ever get built
Canoo Activity Vehicle- another flight of fancy
Bronco- not touching it until they can make a roof
Taycan- might dump the audi and go cross tourismo gT for the wife
Grenadier- was thinking about leaving at the beach house
Audi RS Etron Gt- in purgatory

And the only to convert to an order is my D90X, which I have something special planned for.
What! No Rivian? I just got the ETA on our R1S, early 2023. It's a just-in-case for my Defender (which I completely love) and the Taycan. I'll probably just flip it for a profit.

The Bronco (Oct 2020 order) just left the factory and it arrives in 3 weeks.

My wife laughed her *** off when I showed her the Canoo. I thought it looked fun as hell but apparently I'm an idiot.

@Low Country that's the Porsche configurator house not mine but I'm with you on that Tesla experience.

Old 02-05-2022, 09:51 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 232 Likes on 116 Posts

I have a deposit on a CyberTruck, a Bronco being built the week of March 7th (it just slipped from the week of Feb 21) and was able to place a confirmed order for an F150 Lightning.

Old 02-05-2022, 10:58 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by swajames
I have a deposit on a CyberTruck, a Bronco being built the week of March 7th (it just slipped from the week of Feb 21) and was able to place a confirmed order for an F150 Lightning.
Have you been following all the Ice Mountain drama? Mine got built the week before it all went to hell. Sounds like you get built after they come back from the shut down so you should be good.

I can't imagine all these people having to wait until May for parts while their half-built Bronco sits in a dirt lot covered in snow.

swajames (02-05-2022)
Old 02-05-2022, 02:15 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 232 Likes on 116 Posts

Have you been following all the Ice Mountain drama? Mine got built the week before it all went to hell. Sounds like you get built after they come back from the shut down so you should be good.

I can't imagine all these people having to wait until May for parts while their half-built Bronco sits in a dirt lot covered in snow.
Yes I did see that. Sounds like you were lucky with your build date, and it’s probably a good thing mine got delayed. I’m expecting it to get delayed even a bit more as it might take them time to ramp back up. Just glad I do at least have a build date scheduled!

_Allegedly (02-05-2022)
Old 02-16-2022, 09:07 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I work at a Ford dealer as a Warranty Admin. Not a high roller. Currently drive a 2018 Ford Ecosport 4WD.

With a base 2-door manual trans Bronco on order, and no idea on a build date, I called the Land Rover dealer within the family about a base Defender and was told $10k over, employee or not. 3-6 month turnaround.

Guess I'll keep rocking the P38a and waiting on the Bronco 🤣

Old 02-16-2022, 10:15 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by tornado_735
I work at a Ford dealer as a Warranty Admin. Not a high roller. Currently drive a 2018 Ford Ecosport 4WD.

With a base 2-door manual trans Bronco on order, and no idea on a build date, I called the Land Rover dealer within the family about a base Defender and was told $10k over, employee or not. 3-6 month turnaround.

Guess I'll keep rocking the P38a and waiting on the Bronco 🤣
I feel shameless asking this and I understand if you can't comment much but I'm backed into a corner with my Bronco order.

It threw an airbag light the day before we were going to pick it up. Pax airbag is defective. Backordered. No ETA.

Dealer has been great but they told me they couldn't get any more info and suggested I call Ford. 12 soul-sucking hours on the phone and I've had 0 progress.

Just looking for some indication of how long it might be. Hopefully not months like when they had the airbag recall (this is not part of that).

Last edited by _Allegedly; 02-16-2022 at 10:31 AM.
Old 02-16-2022, 10:48 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I feel shameless asking this and I understand if you can't comment much but I'm backed into a corner with my Bronco order.

It threw an airbag light the day before we were going to pick it up. Pax airbag is defective. Backordered. No ETA.

Dealer has been great but they told me they couldn't get any more info and suggested I call Ford. 12 soul-sucking hours on the phone and I've had 0 progress.

Just looking for some indication of how long it might be. Hopefully not months like when they had the airbag recall (this is not part of that).
Ask away! I've yet to see this in person, but its a scenario I've seen on Bronco6G.

Unfortunately, I don't have a good answer for you. I know there is a recall on the passenger side airbag on some for being folded incorrectly, causing deployment issues. That might be affecting parts availability. My best advice is to keep pestering the dealer and see if they have the part emergency ordered. Usually, if you harass the special group enough that deals with parts, they tend to find stuff.

From what I understand, everybody says the wait is worth it. I just inquired about the Defender because I have wanted one since I heard they were coming back. But, I also want the ability to pull the roof and doors off without stooping down to the level of a Wrangler.

Stay the course my brother.

_Allegedly (02-16-2022)

Quick Reply: Land Rover ADM's