Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Land Rover Defender P400 Milltek Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2021, 10:52 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Land Rover Defender P400 Milltek Exhaust System

Hi there, anyone installed milltek exhaust system for their land rover defender P400? Can anyone share video clips?

Thanks

Old 11-02-2021, 12:41 AM
Winching
Received 165 Likes on 116 Posts

sorry man no time for video clips.

if you ordered non resonated i would highly recommend to change the order to a resonated

i am adding an aftermarket resonator.
system was built for euro spec cars with opf filters which prob got rid of the drone

Originally Posted by morgchin
Hi there, anyone installed milltek exhaust system for their land rover defender P400? Can anyone share video clips?

Thanks

Old 11-02-2021, 02:25 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

What's the cost for parts and labor on this? Can you compare the sound to another vehicle I can relate to... maybe a Porsche with sport exhaust? I would guess there is no 'blip' since we don't have paddle's to run through the gears... so any value is really just under heavy acceleration.

Old 11-02-2021, 04:27 PM
Winching

system is around 2300 US non resonated. labor was cheap and a quick install. paid 300 to install but you could prob do it yourself

the porsche sport exhaust has valves and when open it bypass one muffler so pretty much straight pipe. so it doesn’t sound anything like that

the exhaust tone is deeper and nice and clean. it’s a higher tone due to the inline 6

but i’m not loving the drone and i’m adding the resonator

i am still happy with the system and really hoping the resonator gets rid of most of the drone

when i get a min i will get some sound clips

Originally Posted by bobbo28
What's the cost for parts and labor on this? Can you compare the sound to another vehicle I can relate to... maybe a Porsche with sport exhaust? I would guess there is no 'blip' since we don't have paddle's to run through the gears... so any value is really just under heavy acceleration.

Old 11-05-2021, 12:07 AM
Winching

milltek posted a video. this is opf back

Old 11-05-2021, 12:10 AM
4th Gear

Is this the system you have installed? My order was also an OPF back non resonated system. My car is non OPF as well. Will consider an aftermarket resonator since you mentioned the drone is really bad

Old 11-05-2021, 09:09 AM
Winching

i have the same system. the opf filter is like another resonator or even cat. reduces noise

with the vibrant resonator the drone is pretty much gone and system sounds great

Is this the system you have installed? My order was also an OPF back non resonated system. My car is non OPF as well. Will consider an aftermarket resonator since you mentioned the drone is really bad

Old 11-06-2021, 09:27 AM
4th Gear

Before u added the resonator, was the exhaust very loud and deep like screaming loud on startup & idle?

Old 11-06-2021, 12:28 PM
Winching

it definitely was louder but it’s the cold start you’re hearing. the rpms rev higher to warm up the cats and other fluids

i wanted an exhaust not be obnoxious but just some extra volume. with no resonator it was a bit loud for my test for this type of vehicle. i have sports car that i like loud. but even that car doesn’t drone. i cruise on the highway and transport kids in the car. didn’t need a system this loud.

with the resonator it’s perfect. more growl when i need it and at idle you can hear that you have an exhaust

really happy with the resonator addition

i added the vibrant ultra quiet resonator. almost like a mini muffler. they have other smaller options that would be less quiet and i sometime think maybe i could swap and get a little more volume. they are fairly cheap and labor was pretty cheap for me to mess around with it.

Before u added the resonator, was the exhaust very loud and deep like screaming loud on startup & idle?

Old 11-17-2021, 08:02 AM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by Ehloo
it definitely was louder but it’s the cold start you’re hearing. the rpms rev higher to warm up the cats and other fluids

i wanted an exhaust not be obnoxious but just some extra volume. with no resonator it was a bit loud for my test for this type of vehicle. i have sports car that i like loud. but even that car doesn’t drone. i cruise on the highway and transport kids in the car. didn’t need a system this loud.

with the resonator it’s perfect. more growl when i need it and at idle you can hear that you have an exhaust

really happy with the resonator addition

i added the vibrant ultra quiet resonator. almost like a mini muffler. they have other smaller options that would be less quiet and i sometime think maybe i could swap and get a little more volume. they are fairly cheap and labor was pretty cheap for me to mess around with it.
Hello, do you have a video or some picture? thanks!!!

Quick Reply: Land Rover Defender P400 Milltek Exhaust System