2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Land Rover Exerience

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2021, 07:20 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,254 Likes on 746 Posts

Darn. At first I didn't think I wanted to sign up. Living in Texas is the FURTHEST away from every location. After reading these, I'm starting to second guess and look thru the e-mails...

Old 07-01-2021, 10:00 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 698 Likes on 405 Posts

fyi .....

Four 4XOverland videos to watch to appreciate the 30 years evolution of 4WD technology of traction control. The new Defender 4WD system is the result of all this effort. The driving techniques are different in a traction control vehicle versus traditional 4WD.

The first video does a good job explaining the BASIC definition of 4WD.

The new Defender in Auto mode does all the engagement for you in any situation based on the sensors within the vehicle. Any selection of any off-road mode also does all the engagement for you based on the type of surface you have selected.

The edifferential locking the front to rear axles is variable on the New Defender, to split the most appropriate NEEDED AMOUNT OF POWER BETWEEN THE FRONT AND REAR AXLES:

--------------------------------

The second and third videos show the impact of traction control -- discussed around the 4 minute mark of the SECOND video and the 30 minute mark in the THIRD video:

------------------------------------------------

The fourth video shows the advantage of a rear differential locks on a traction control vehicle, The electronic ediff on the new Defender can act like an open, limited slip and fully locked differential, AS NEEDED, JUST TO THE RIGHT AMOUNT:

ENJOY!!

Last edited by TrioLRowner; 07-01-2021 at 11:52 AM.
The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 07:42 PM
4wd Low
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

We did not get an email or any type of invitation. We just called the NC location and gave them the serial number and they booked us with no other documentation. We did have to buy the grounds entrance tickets to the Biltmore estate for $59 each.

Old 07-02-2021, 12:43 AM
4wd Low
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default LR Experience

No invite or offer made to me either, I just emailed the Carmel, CA location, provided some info and set a date. The offer is only for 2 hours with an option to upgrade for an additional fee. It was a lot of fun.

Old 10-05-2021, 01:20 PM
GBX
Drifting
Received 38 Likes on 15 Posts

i got a coupon for a 2 hour session and used it to upgrade to a half day. Going this week. Anyone have any restaurant recommendations for lunch and dinner in or near Manchester?

Old 10-05-2021, 01:23 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

I got the email. It was titled "welcome to land rover."

Old 10-05-2021, 01:26 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by GBX
i got a coupon for a 2 hour session and used it to upgrade to a half day. Going this week. Anyone have any restaurant recommendations for lunch and dinner in or near Manchester?
Awesome! You will have a great time.

Yes - tons of great restaurants in/around Manchester. These are my two favorites. DM me for more info.

Crooked Ram in Manchester is outstanding, they just opened up a new backyard bar and wood fired pizza restaurant two weeks ago that I highly recommend. All local beers, natural wine, great pizza, raw bar, cheese and meats, seasonal apps.

Honeypie in Jamaica is a shake shack style burger/sausage spot with all local VT ingredients, also amazing.

Old 10-05-2021, 01:56 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,394 Likes on 688 Posts

I'm going to Asheville 11/18/21. I upgraded from the free 2-hour class to all day, using their 110.

Old 10-06-2021, 10:57 AM
Mudding
Received 139 Likes on 63 Posts

We did the Owners event in Carmel for the day. I was invited down to show off some of our roof top tents and awnings and I had my wife drive the course. Great experience for someone not used to driving offroad and understanding the traction modes and how to drive. Instructors are great and it was a really nice day. I have offloaded extensively in Moab/Baja/Death Valley so it was awesome to have my wife experience it.

The following 2 users liked this post by spikemd:
angelboing (10-06-2021), Craig_RRS2013 (10-08-2021)
Old 10-06-2021, 03:00 PM
Drifting
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

We just did the full day experience in Carmel and loved it. Great to get familiar with the capabilities of the car and how it handles different terrains / situations as well as some fun mini challenges along the way.
I'd say we did spend about an hour running through setup / basic instructor loop / etc so i'm not sure how much trail time you get with the shorter offerings if you needed to get up to speed with off-roading like my wife did.
Since i took the afternoon time i was able to take the whole 3 hours on trails, which was more than enough

Quick Reply: Land Rover Exerience