Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Land Rover Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 09:18 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Land Rover Seattle

Hi all - first-timer here. Curious if anyone is in the Seattle area and has worked with any of the dealerships (I think there are 3 here?).

I spec’d out a Defender X-Dynamic at about $87K. The Land Rover Seattle dealer in Lynnwood said there’d be a $5k non-refundable deposit and a $10k ADM. I believe this same dealer also owns Land Rover Bellevue, but not the 3rd one down in Tacoma.

He also said the P400 was extremely constrained - but I thought I had read the opposite on this forum - that the P300 was constrained and only P400 or V8 were being built. (He didn’t seem to be the most knowledgeable - just a weekend guy sitting around). Didn’t know anything about allotments or anything.

Can anyone recommend which dealer in the Seattle area to go to? Am I going to be stuck paying $10k markup or is this negotiable? Is it true the P400 is constrained now? He also didn’t know anything about lack of ClearSight or Interactive Driver Display on lower models, etc.

Thanks for any guidance!

Old 02-07-2022, 10:18 PM
LR Forum Vendor
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

Dealerships can charge whatever they want. Unless you can find a dealership outside your home territory willing to sell to you...

Old 02-07-2022, 11:41 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I ordered mine from Tacoma, it has been a pretty good experience. Call Alex Best done there, she got mine (ordered) for msrp, no additional markup. I think that I gave them either a $2500 or $3000 deposit (can’t remember).
good luck,
Kirk Singleton

pm me with any questions

ps- I got no love from Lynnwood or Bellevue

Old 02-08-2022, 02:21 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

I bought mine from Tacoma last spring off the lot. At the time was able to get under MSRP. But that was 11 months ago. I really haven’t interacted with them since, so can’t speak much about it. But my experience there (and at the jointly owned/operated Volvo next door) was generally positive.

Old 02-08-2022, 06:46 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,255 Likes on 747 Posts

@Matty79 - Word on this forum have been that ALL models/trims are constrained. The P300 is off the table and only the upper trim levels of P400 (X & V-8) are being placed. And those often don't have full options such as Interactive Digital Dash, ClearView mirror, and - I think - the larger display, but that one may be back on the orders.

Good luck.

Old 02-08-2022, 11:02 AM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

I am in the Portland area. I spoke with someone at Bellevue last year to see if they would be more competitive than what Portland was offering, which was mostly not requiring a 5k deposit. They offered the same terms and they needed me to place the order in person. I spoke with a couple other people and nobody was getting off MSRP so I just went through Portland.

FWIW my sales guide said that the Portland dealer would not sell above MSRP (he touted this as a company policy). This was a year ago when I only noticed a few dealers nationwide starting to charge above MSRP. It might be worth reaching out to them to avoid a markup, although I have no idea what the ordering timeline is there.

Old 02-08-2022, 11:36 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts

Ordered our P400 110SE in June, picked up late October. Worked with Bellevue LR who were great. There was 5k deposit (refundable only if they could sell the vehicle themselves) but no ADP. Only hint of vehicle shortage an offer of $5k (as well as the $5k deposit) to just walk away, rather than take the vehicle. Also gave us an aggressive trade on our Jeep.

Old 02-08-2022, 05:57 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks all for the info and suggestions! I’m gonna check out the Tacoma dealership - possibly see what Bellevue says but I’m not hopeful. They’re owned by the same company as Lynwood. Also I tried to work with their service department previously and was NOT impressed.

I’ll let you know how it goes!

Old 02-08-2022, 06:13 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,299 Likes on 949 Posts

Originally Posted by Matty79
Thanks all for the info and suggestions! I’m gonna check out the Tacoma dealership - possibly see what Bellevue says but I’m not hopeful. They’re owned by the same company as Lynwood. Also I tried to work with their service department previously and was NOT impressed.

I’ll let you know how it goes!
Bellevue has a Trek edition at the moment. Spied it yesterday when I was there asking about camera calibration. Went in to kick the tires (lovely Duratracks on black steel BTW) and look at the mounts for all the doodads and get some ideas. A trifling $30k over MSRP. Not another Defender to be seen.

Old 02-08-2022, 07:50 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 390 Likes on 317 Posts

$87,000 plus $10,000, so a $97,000 Defender?

BUY BUY BUY!!!!!!!!!! NOWW

Quick Reply: Land Rover Seattle