Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lazer Lamp New Roof Pods Roof Lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2022, 11:04 PM
Winching
Received 161 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Lazer Lamp New Roof Pods Roof Lights

anybody see these yet. good alternative to Urban roof lights for significantly cheaper. Urban uses Lazer Led anyways

on dark cars it could blend in very well. they minimal increase of wind noise. that’s my biggest concern

https://www.lazerlamps.com/land-rover-defender-2020-roof-pod-mounting-kit.html?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook_S hop&utm_campaign=DefenderLinearRoofPods&utm_term=D efenderLinearRoofPods&utm_content=DefenderLinearRo ofPods

Old 02-03-2022, 02:39 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 104 Likes on 38 Posts

yeah they look great, I think the Urban's are expensive due to the use of Carbon fiber for their pods.
Definitely there will be wind noise but I dont think it will be as bad as the roof rack wind noise.

Old 02-03-2022, 04:44 AM
Mudding
Received 144 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Ehloo
anybody see these yet. good alternative to Urban roof lights for significantly cheaper. Urban uses Lazer Led anyways

on dark cars it could blend in very well. they minimal increase of wind noise. that’s my biggest concern

https://www.lazerlamps.com/land-rove...LinearRoofPods

To be fair, I’ve just fitted, in 30 minutes, the New wireless remote roof pod lights from Vulcan Automotive. They’re half the price of Urban’s, they have an instal video on YouTube, and it’s self adhesive so no drilling through the roof. The wiring goes inside the A-pillar, and is so simple to fit!

https://vulkanautomotive.com/product...-light-pod-kit

Old 02-03-2022, 10:09 AM
Winching
Received 161 Likes on 114 Posts

Urbans are overpriced but you can’t compare Urbans to Vulcans. Urban uses high quality Lazer led bars which are 1000 by themselves. Vulcan used some low no name LED. i am sure the Urbans are significantly brighter

Originally Posted by Ludders54
To be fair, I’ve just fitted, in 30 minutes, the New wireless remote roof pod lights from Vulcan Automotive. They’re half the price of Urban’s, they have an instal video on YouTube, and it’s self adhesive so no drilling through the roof. The wiring goes inside the A-pillar, and is so simple to fit!

The following 2 users liked this post by Ehloo:
mopadzi (02-04-2022), Ratledge (05-22-2023)
Old 02-03-2022, 10:56 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Ehloo
Urbans are overpriced but you can’t compare Urbans to Vulcans. Urban uses high quality Lazer led bars which are 1000 by themselves. Vulcan used some low no name LED. i am sure the Urbans are significantly brighter

Oh, I agree, Urban quality is fantastic (I’ve got the 22” Urban Sawblade’s) but to be fair the brightness from this roof pod is phenomenal, it’s easy and quick to fit and no drilling, or shoving wires through the dash was my motivation. 😜

Old 02-11-2023, 02:51 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Ludders54

Did you use the sealant around the whole pod? Also how is the wind noise with this? I have this Vulkan pod light but I'm worried about installing it with the sealant incase I want to take it off.

Old 02-11-2023, 03:04 PM
Mudding

To be fair, back when I originally fitted it, it was with 3m tape. I warmed the roof up first and held down with tape once attached for a few hours, but it never moved or gave me concern in 12 months.
Yes, there is wind noise but as the sound proofing qualities are so good in the L663 that it’s insignificant.

Old 05-21-2023, 07:11 PM
Mudding
Received 160 Likes on 88 Posts
Default I went with Rigid lights

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (05-22-2023)
Old 05-22-2023, 07:21 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,255 Likes on 747 Posts

Nice work, Hector!! Very good wire routing. I bet it was a pita going thru the OEM rack.

Old 05-22-2023, 07:45 AM
Mudding
Received 160 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Roof rack lights

I did not do it. It’s at a shop called California Customs in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. I would have tried it myself if I had the covered work space to do it but sadly I don’t. I pick it up tomorrow and I am very excited to see it working. I was told that there is plenty of room in the rack for the wires and connectors with no problems. The back is another story. I am using a Deutsch connector to run everything back into the defender. It’s a 12 pin one that can handle 30amps per pin. I had them run all 12 pins with wire just in case I want to add something in the future. All wires are run under the floor to the firewall and then over to the steering wheel grommet and out to the switch pro.

The following 2 users liked this post by DefenderSISU:
ficklma1 (05-22-2023), GrouseK9 (05-24-2023)

Quick Reply: Lazer Lamp New Roof Pods Roof Lights