Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Speed Maneuvering

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2021, 07:50 PM
Drifting
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Low Speed Maneuvering

Ever since my car updated to OS 2.1.0a in August, the front camera view no longer displays when pulling into parking spaces or my garage. Prior to the update it would show the overhead virtual view in the left 1/3 of the screen and a composite front view in the right 2/3. It made it really convenient, in that you could pull close to a curb or obstruction. Now it only comes on if you have been reversing first. I haven't seen anyone else mention this problem- am I the only one?

The following users liked this post:
MRHH (02-23-2022)
Old 10-17-2021, 06:18 AM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by wnewport
Ever since my car updated to OS 2.1.0a in August, the front camera view no longer displays when pulling into parking spaces or my garage. Prior to the update it would show the overhead virtual view in the left 1/3 of the screen and a composite front view in the right 2/3. It made it really convenient, in that you could pull close to a curb or obstruction. Now it only comes on if you have been reversing first. I haven't seen anyone else mention this problem- am I the only one?
There should be a newer update than the one from August. My cameras are working fine. My last update was September 23rd. There have been some individual application updates since the last major update.

Old 10-17-2021, 07:40 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by clubguy
There should be a newer update than the one from August. My cameras are working fine. My last update was September 23rd. There have been some individual application updates since the last major update.
I had a couple of app updates, but no main OS update since the August one. A little frustrating the tech and how it has a mind of its own...

Old 02-23-2022, 10:46 AM
4wd High
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Camera?

did you get this issue fixed? My 2022 Defender seems to be doing this now as well. When I pull up to a car or obstruction the overhead/virtual view comes up on the left 1/3 of the screen but the front camera doesn’t come on on the other 2/3 of the screen. It does work properly if I put the vehicle in reverse first. Please update if possible. Thanks.

Old 02-23-2022, 11:21 AM
Mudding
Received 155 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by MRHH
did you get this issue fixed? My 2022 Defender seems to be doing this now as well. When I pull up to a car or obstruction the overhead/virtual view comes up on the left 1/3 of the screen but the front camera doesn’t come on on the other 2/3 of the screen. It does work properly if I put the vehicle in reverse first. Please update if possible. Thanks.
I've had the same issue. A slight annoyance to reach over and hit the camera icon - I just assume it will get sorted at some future update.

Old 02-23-2022, 11:24 AM
4wd High

Is your Defender still doing this or did you get it fixed at the dealer?

Old 02-23-2022, 11:26 AM
4wd High

When did your Defender start having this problem?

Old 02-23-2022, 03:50 PM
Mudding
Received 155 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by MRHH
When did your Defender start having this problem?
I think it was around the time I received the software update that included the wireless Android Auto / Apple Carplay. That was maybe.. November? I had no issues from when I got my Defender at the beginning of September until that update.

Old 02-23-2022, 03:57 PM
4wd High

Originally Posted by D-Fens
I think it was around the time I received the software update that included the wireless Android Auto / Apple Carplay. That was maybe.. November? I had no issues from when I got my Defender at the beginning of September until that update.
Interesting, that was the last update there was in November. Maybe I didn't notice it happening at that time. I'm going to take it to the dealer and see what they say. I'll update if I hear anything. Thanks!

The following users liked this post:
D-Fens (02-23-2022)
Old 02-23-2022, 04:34 PM
Drifting

Still doing it. I have an appointment in a few weeks to look at it. It had stopped making the beeping from the parking sensors, so I scheduled an appointment since the two things seemed related and it was degrading. Now it is back to making the beeps, but no front camera when pulling into a space or garage still. Mine happened after the 2.1.0a update back in August. The 3.0 update didn't fix it.

Quick Reply: Low Speed Maneuvering