Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meridian Surround 700W Subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2022, 03:05 PM
Winching
Received 161 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Meridian Surround 700W Subwoofer

i have been toying with the idea of upgrading the audio system. After talking to various shops and some test, increasing the subwoofer gain on the head unit only increased the output on the 6.5 mid range in the doors. one of my shops questioned if there was even a sub in the car

i found the actual location of the sub on the 110. it’s located below the driver seat on Left hand drive cars. there is a panel that you access from the rear seat. it will expose the amp and what appears to be a 6x9 subwoofer

i had read from another’s post that theirs was not moving at all. Well same for me. It’s like it’s even connected.

i have my buddy that works at LR looking into his defender and see if there is a bulletin. But it appears that it’s not an isolated issue. Maybe a chip shortage issue but never mentioned to the buyer

i am a bit excited and angry. Hoping once it’s connected it will provide some additional bass i have been looking for but also pissed that it might be a common issue and no mention

Old 06-27-2022, 07:18 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Interesting, I never turn my radio on really, and if I do, never loud enough to consider the subwoofer, and until your post never knew where it was. I have 23 110-X Ill check and see if mine is moving lol

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (06-28-2022)
Old 06-27-2022, 09:00 PM
Winching

a local shop that seemed to know what they were talking about stated the sub is not for music but for the active noise cancelation. replicates certain frequencies to numb our road noise.

makes sense but LR should had a dedicated speaker not marketed in the sound system.

Originally Posted by Paradigm
Interesting, I never turn my radio on really, and if I do, never loud enough to consider the subwoofer, and until your post never knew where it was. I have 23 110-X Ill check and see if mine is moving lol

Old 06-28-2022, 07:03 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,255 Likes on 747 Posts

@Ehloo - That's an interesting thought. Never heard that before (not disputing the statement) and would be super amazed / impressed if that's what it's actually doing. Can you send a pic of it/where located? I'll scan Topix and see if I can tell more. Interestingly, I found out about the cell booster in this forum. I'm surprised Land Rover doesn't make it easier to find out about all the Easter egg tech around.

EDIT: There it is! It's the Front Infotainment Control Unit. Don't touch that!! It's not just a bass, it runs all aspects of your PiviPro, phone, blue tooth, yada yada - bits you don't want to mess up. While your there, make sure no one sits behind the driver with muddy boots or spills a drink...

The noise cancellation seems to turn on when you're doing a call. I don't "think" (aka, I don't really know) that it is always active. It only states that it becomes active during a call.

Last edited by GrouseK9; 06-28-2022 at 07:15 AM.
Old 06-28-2022, 09:24 AM
Winching

on us spec cars the sub is right next to the active noise cancelation diagram you posted. in the left of it if you are facing from the back of the car

i did some reading last night and although it might make sense most manufacture use all speakers for the ANC. not dedicate one.

but having others check and if it doesn’t work either it might be dedicated

GrouseK9 (06-28-2022)
Old 06-28-2022, 09:46 AM
Winching

can you pull some info on the 700 watt amplifier

picture of the sub below

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
@Ehloo - That's an interesting thought. Never heard that before (not disputing the statement) and would be super amazed / impressed if that's what it's actually doing. Can you send a pic of it/where located? I'll scan Topix and see if I can tell more. Interestingly, I found out about the cell booster in this forum. I'm surprised Land Rover doesn't make it easier to find out about all the Easter egg tech around.

EDIT: There it is! It's the Front Infotainment Control Unit. Don't touch that!! It's not just a bass, it runs all aspects of your PiviPro, phone, blue tooth, yada yada - bits you don't want to mess up. While your there, make sure no one sits behind the driver with muddy boots or spills a drink...

The noise cancellation seems to turn on when you're doing a call. I don't "think" (aka, I don't really know) that it is always active. It only states that it becomes active during a call.

Old 06-28-2022, 06:06 PM
Pro Wrench

Yep, the subwoofer is down there too. My miss. There's really not much in there re: specs (actually, nothing). Basically just instructions to replace it (take out the seat first, remove trim around it, unscrew, unplug and you're done.

Old 06-29-2022, 02:44 PM
LR Forum Vendor
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

I was looking at the stereo software hidden menus on the dealership tool. It gives options for Meridian, Logic & premium & base stereo settings. My 22 has Meridian on the outside speakers and is checked as Meridian in the software. Maybe I could try logic or premium and see if I can get a boost.

There is a setting for cell phone booster in the hidden dealer software I could turn that on too and see what happens?

Old 06-29-2022, 03:06 PM
Winching
Received 574 Likes on 302 Posts

That would be interesting to know!

markjlr (06-29-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 07:52 PM
Pro Wrench

@markjlr -The cell booster is supposed to activate when you have a phone on the wireless charging pad. Maybe you can get it to activate full time? Good luck!

markjlr (06-29-2022)

Quick Reply: Meridian Surround 700W Subwoofer