Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missing journey data

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2022, 10:15 PM
Mudding
Received 120 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Missing journey data

In the past couple of weeks I've noticed random entire journeys missing from the InControl list (website and app), something I've not seen before. Anyone else seeing that?

Old 07-25-2022, 09:12 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 212 Likes on 140 Posts

Same here ... entire days, not recorded. Totally random.

Old 07-25-2022, 10:17 AM
Mudding

Interesting. Mines not been missing whole days as far as I can tell - just random individual journeys. Obviously the same issue though. I guess I'll contact support.

Old 07-25-2022, 05:24 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

I am also noticing this issue. I think it has something to do when you are in an area that does not have any data service when you start the vehicle. Just a guess but I am noticing that correlation at least.

Old 07-25-2022, 06:41 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,299 Likes on 949 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti
I am also noticing this issue. I think it has something to do when you are in an area that does not have any data service when you start the vehicle. Just a guess but I am noticing that correlation at least.
Yes I notice that also. I think if the signal can't ping the Defender at the end of the journey it just gives up and cancels the data recording for that trip.

Old 07-26-2022, 04:48 AM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have had the same issue on a multiple trips on one day. The first one was recorded and is available, the later once aren't. And then on the next day it starts to record them all. Missing tracks of approx 900km on a day
I contacted the support already - no response yet.
could someone confirm if I used the right mail >> 'LRhilfe@jaguarlandrover.com'

Old 07-26-2022, 12:21 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Moretti
I'm not sure that's the answer, because I'm often out of cell service and it previously recorded those tracks just fine. And a number of my missing tracks are fully within cell service.

Old 07-26-2022, 12:23 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by wawibu
Have had the same issue on a multiple trips on one day. The first one was recorded and is available, the later once aren't. And then on the next day it starts to record them all. Missing tracks of approx 900km on a day
I contacted the support already - no response yet.
could someone confirm if I used the right mail >> 'LRhilfe@jaguarlandrover.com'
I called the US support line and they opened a ticket on the issue yesterday. I haven't heard anything back so far.

The following users liked this post:
wawibu (07-26-2022)
Old 07-26-2022, 12:27 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by GavinC
Yes I notice that also. I think if the signal can't ping the Defender at the end of the journey it just gives up and cancels the data recording for that trip.
That might be consistent with what I've been seeing. Two recent round trips from a location with cell service to different locations without cell service resulted in only the return leg being recorded each time.

Old 07-26-2022, 05:27 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,299 Likes on 949 Posts

Originally Posted by Muppetry
That might be consistent with what I've been seeing. Two recent round trips from a location with cell service to different locations without cell service resulted in only the return leg being recorded each time.
Yep. This is exactly what I'm seeing too.

It's not really something I refer to much but had noticed it (oddly enough) the day prior to your post.

Quick Reply: Missing journey data