Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Rattles…

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2022, 10:08 AM
Mudding
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Default More Rattles…

Has anyone dealt with a rattle originating from above the drivers side door area? Almost sounds as if it’s coming from directly behind me, driving me absolutely crazy. Very faint, but seems to have gotten a worse with time.

I spent an hour or two rubbing down all seals with the Honda grease to no avail. Any ideas on what this may be? It seems more noticeable on rough roads.

The following users liked this post:
Lnberger (12-10-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 01:42 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 418 Likes on 172 Posts

Yes, it's the grab handles, at least it was for me. The dealer removed them and did something to them and it went away. For me, pressing the roof liner by the handles was the only way to reliable reproduce the noise for the dealer to see.

Old 12-09-2022, 02:35 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by inater
Yes, it's the grab handles, at least it was for me. The dealer removed them and did something to them and it went away. For me, pressing the roof liner by the handles was the only way to reliable reproduce the noise for the dealer to see.
What did your rattle sound like? Mine can almost be described as plastic clicking together (or a wire/lebel of some type)? It seems to get worse when I speed up as well. I was really hoping it was just a dry rubber seal.

I can’t seem to reproduce this pressing on the roof around the folding grab handles. Very very frustrated with this problem, the dealer claims they could not reproduce. I’m at a whits end here.

Old 12-09-2022, 02:55 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 418 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by EchorecT7E
What did your rattle sound like? Mine can almost be described as plastic clicking together (or a wire/lebel of some type)? It seems to get worse when I speed up as well. I was really hoping it was just a dry rubber seal.

I can’t seem to reproduce this pressing on the roof around the folding grab handles. Very very frustrated with this problem, the dealer claims they could not reproduce. I’m at a whits end here.
Mine was kind of a clicking sound. There are known problems with the rubber seals making nosie when the car is dirty. I have to clean mine are spray them with silicone every couple months to mitigate that.

Old 12-09-2022, 05:34 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by inater
Mine was kind of a clicking sound. There are known problems with the rubber seals making nosie when the car is dirty. I have to clean mine are spray them with silicone every couple months to mitigate that.
I spent the better part of 2 hours greasing all the seals, not sure that’s the cause. I did notice the large black seal area on the upper rear section of the window opening creaks when pressed, but not sure that’s the source. I’ve almost lost hope.

Old 12-10-2022, 06:32 AM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Get some Gummi Pflege Stift from many online retailers. It's been talked about in other threads. The rubber rubbing up against other rubber is causing the issue.

Old 12-10-2022, 09:11 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 196 Likes on 112 Posts

I’ve had the same exact issue and symptom since day one. It’s not the seals in my case and I feel it’s a wire in the head liner that’s vibrating against something. I have no desire to have the headliner removed to fix it. So I just live with it. It’s not bad, just annoying. I’ve befriended this particular rattle and it’s made it easier on me to accept.

Old 12-10-2022, 12:20 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

I have this, or at least a very similar, issue on my 2021 110HSE. It seems to be coming from somewhere inside the roof liner between the driver's door handle and the sunroof. My guess is that there's some wiring or something in there that's rattling a bit when I go over bumps.

I tried re-fitting the grab handle hoping it would help, but no luck. My next step when I get around to it is to look inside the headliner with a boroscope. I'll post back here if/when I learn anything interesting.

The following users liked this post:
Count Laszlo (12-10-2022)
Old 12-10-2022, 05:56 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by racerpeter
I have this, or at least a very similar, issue on my 2021 110HSE. It seems to be coming from somewhere inside the roof liner between the driver's door handle and the sunroof. My guess is that there's some wiring or something in there that's rattling a bit when I go over bumps.

I tried re-fitting the grab handle hoping it would help, but no luck. My next step when I get around to it is to look inside the headliner with a boroscope. I'll post back here if/when I learn anything interesting.
Glad I'm not alone with this rattle. Definitely doesn't sound like the seals to me. Let me know if you find anything!

Old 12-11-2022, 03:19 AM
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just picked up my new p300 130 this week and that rattle or rather creaking is in the headliner at the drivers side door.I heard it when I hit a pot hole.I, can recreate the sound by pushing on the headliner right above the door. It sounds like crumpled plastic. Other than that, this vehicle has been great.

Quick Reply: More Rattles…