Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Defender orders in So Cal

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2021, 10:36 AM
Mudding
Received 78 Likes on 45 Posts
Default New Defender orders in So Cal

I spoke with my sales rep yesterday and he confirmed all orders are now for MY 23 Defenders; the 22 MY are now over. He expected a large number of ordered Defenders within a few weeks but his allotment of expected Defenders was cut to zero; he won't be getting in any for the foreseeable future. Only Defenders I see on lots are ones that the dealers options up with things most don't want, or a few base models that nobody seems to want either. Popularity has it's downsides it appears.

Old 06-02-2021, 11:16 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I placed an order and was confirmed May 5th for a MY22 and this was in Ventura, CA. I know there are a couple of 90 X's available in Thousand Oaks if you want to check those out.

Old 06-02-2021, 11:20 AM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Wow two months into my22 production and they hit capacity for an entire year?

Did your sales rep state this was just for their dealer specifically or the allocation for my22s for all dealers?

Old 06-02-2021, 11:54 AM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

If true, this makes no sense. Just about every other manufacturer don't even have 2022 models available yet, and won't until towards the end of the year. Shouldn't have anything to do with production numbers. The more units you can produce in any given model year, the better.

At this rate, by Jan 2022 they'll be on model year 2025

The following users liked this post:
Eitan (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 12:01 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by splathead
If true, this makes no sense. Just about every other manufacturer don't even have 2022 models available yet, and won't until towards the end of the year. Shouldn't have anything to do with production numbers. The more units you can produce in any given model year, the better.

At this rate, by Jan 2022 they'll be on model year 2025
Well we know that the defender orders have exceeded expected demand and we are having a global shortage on many things including parts required to make automobiles. JLR might be looking at their supply lines and recognizing they simply cant meet anymore demand than what they already have in queue.

I am looking at a 6 month order time to delivery for my defender (ordered in March). I am curious recent orders would reflect time wise.

splathead (06-03-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 12:37 PM
Mudding
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti
Well we know that the defender orders have exceeded expected demand and we are having a global shortage on many things including parts required to make automobiles. JLR might be looking at their supply lines and recognizing they simply cant meet anymore demand than what they already have in queue.
I am looking at a 6 month order time to delivery for my defender (ordered in March). I am curious recent orders would reflect time wise.
Agreed, being closed for 9 days due to chip shortages, and having an extensive backlog on accessories and port installed items, I am thinking LR cannot take more orders simply because it causes too many headaches due to missing items for those custom orders. They will surely build plenty of new MY22 Defenders yet, but they will build them with the packages/kits/accessories that they have available to keep the production lines moving and the retail deliveries flowing. If you can't order one and there are some available on the lot, you're going to buy off the shelf and modify it later when parts are available.

Old 06-02-2021, 01:02 PM
Three Wheeling

I'm assuming I was lucky enough to get in on a cancelled customer order that had allotment because I had to submit and confirm my order within a day. My sheet says order confirmed 5/5/21 build 6/4/21 and delivery 8/13/21 for a loaded X. I'm hoping this all holds true, but that is my current timeline.

Old 06-02-2021, 02:53 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by AvoTow
I'm assuming I was lucky enough to get in on a cancelled customer order that had allotment because I had to submit and confirm my order within a day. My sheet says order confirmed 5/5/21 build 6/4/21 and delivery 8/13/21 for a loaded X. I'm hoping this all holds true, but that is my current timeline.
My build date is 6/11 with a 9/26 handover date. It was previously 9/5 but got pushed . I am on the west coast.

Old 06-02-2021, 03:34 PM
Mudding
Received 78 Likes on 45 Posts

Wow two months into my22 production and they hit capacity for an entire year?

Did your sales rep state this was just for their dealer specifically or the allocation for my22s for all dealers?
Dealer said there are no more orders for 2022's anywhere and he has no idea when or if they will see any more in the near future. Any orders are now for 2023's. Riverside Land Rover has 3 2021 90's on the lot but no 110's. I also had been to another dealer in my local area and they said they refunded all the 2021 deposits and were hoping they would be getting open orders for 2022's but had no idea when the ordering would open. Carlsbad has one 2022 110...but no pics so don't think it's on the lot yet, probably in transit. San Diego has two 2021 110's but again no pics so again, maybe in transit. I did some research on VIN's and find many dealers list same VIN's on vehicles as other dealers, so maybe they hope to sell and get them from another dealer. That seems to be the MO of some larger dealer groups. I think the dealers here bought a ton of Defenders early on as some dealers had a dozen or more to choose from, and maybe they used their allocations up? No idea.

bobbyz95 (06-03-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 03:47 PM
Three Wheeling

My build date is 6/11 with a 9/26 handover date. It was previously 9/5 but got pushed . I am on the west coast.
Until my build is completed I'm worried I will get pushed back as well. I hope it wont take that long for a handover as I'm on the west coast as well. I'm very close to one of the ports JLR uses to drop off their vehicles so heres hoping its a bit quicker.

Quick Reply: New Defender orders in So Cal