Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Defender- so many questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2020, 11:45 AM
Winching
Received 162 Likes on 114 Posts
Default New Defender- so many questions

picked up my new Eiger HSE over the weekend. First Land Rover and coming from a completely different background of cars. Usually a AMG bmw M guy but the Defender fit my new lifestyle

so many questions on accessories and modifications not sure even where to start

my immediate question is cross bars. i have a full Thule settup and wondering if there any options and mounts for the Defender yet. Thule website doesn’t show anything but i have heard the Disco is a very similar truck. Anybody had any success adding non Oem cross bars

Old 12-28-2020, 05:34 PM
Mudding
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Ehloo
picked up my new Eiger HSE over the weekend. First Land Rover and coming from a completely different background of cars. Usually a AMG bmw M guy but the Defender fit my new lifestyle

so many questions on accessories and modifications not sure even where to start

my immediate question is cross bars. i have a full Thule settup and wondering if there any options and mounts for the Defender yet. Thule website doesn’t show anything but i have heard the Disco is a very similar truck. Anybody had any success adding non Oem cross bars
Hi,

Welcome to the LR family!

I have a Eiger Grey HSE that I finally got about 10 day ago. I've had 3 other LR products, so while I don't claim to be an expert, I know my way around the brand.

I have a Thule set up that was on our 2017 Discovery. It has the Aero crossbars and Podium feet. I suspect that I will need foot kit 3112 to get the feet to work on my Defender. I have two Hullivators that we use for our kayaking trips that I want to continue to use. As you noted: Thule has not updated what it takes to get crossbars on the new Defender.

If you go find my thread I started, you can see I have mildly upgraded my Defender with a lift, wheels and tires. I don't have anything else planned, and everything I put on can easily be removed when we turn the lease back in.

My wife has a 2020 X5 M50i that is a really nice car. It's the car we take for non-outdoor trips.

I'm sure others will jump in for any questions you have about modding the new ride you have.

Rob