Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Interactive Display

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2021, 04:13 PM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default No Interactive Display

My vehicle has finally been built, but I am now finding out that it is without the Digital Interactive Display and is now Analog due to the chip shortages. I'm debating whether to even accept delivery, and having already waited this long I don't want to accept anything less than what I originally set out to purchase.

Anyone with a recent delivery and analog display have any issues/regrets/concerns with not having the digital display?

Old 12-13-2021, 04:36 PM
Mudding
Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

This has been discussed before on this forum. I have the full digital display and I think I too would have been bummed if it was delivered with split analog/digital. However, if I was to take delivery now with analog display, it would not be a big deal. I would probably only miss the ability to display full screen navigation which is also not really a big deal.

My wife had a loaner Velar with the the same split dig/analog screen that you are referring to when her car was being serviced (her car is also a Velar but with full digital). Anyway, she drove my Defender and I used the loaner. I thought the display gave me all I needed. It wasn’t the back to dark ages I would have thought.

Old 12-13-2021, 05:17 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 212 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by stsao
I'm debating whether to even accept delivery, and having already waited this long I don't want to accept anything less than what I originally set out to purchase.
I was looking at the idea to place a new order for my 2nd D100 in the family, and my dealer told me that there will be no heads up display, no digital dials .... and when time comes probably no clear view mirror (which btw - that mirror is crap, but still ... ).
The first one I got, has all I need.
For now, I will hold off ordering ,till this gets fixed. For a car at this price, I expect a bit more.
But then again, I may be picky.

Old 12-13-2021, 05:28 PM
Winching
Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

you are not picky. make sure it has all the gadgets if you are looking at this price point. al other vehicles have more options than the defender offers.

Old 12-13-2021, 05:49 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Mechano2020
I was looking at the idea to place a new order for my 2nd D100 in the family, and my dealer told me that there will be no heads up display, no digital dials .... and when time comes probably no clear view mirror (which btw - that mirror is crap, but still ... ).
The first one I got, has all I need.
For now, I will hold off ordering ,till this gets fixed. For a car at this price, I expect a bit more.
But then again, I may be picky.
The clearsight mirror is a gamechanger to me. People say it takes time to adjust to, which it does, but man its nice being able to see things all the time. First there is a tire on the back which obstructs your view. Every time we go camping we fill up the back full of stuff...I cant go back to a regular mirror now

The following 4 users liked this post by Moretti:
Mechano2020 (12-13-2021), mopadzi (12-14-2021), swajames (12-13-2021), _Allegedly (12-14-2021)
Old 12-13-2021, 08:03 PM
Mudding
Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti
The clearsight mirror is a gamechanger to me. People say it takes time to adjust to, which it does, but man its nice being able to see things all the time. First there is a tire on the back which obstructs your view. Every time we go camping we fill up the back full of stuff...I cant go back to a regular mirror now
Mute point, because it falls into the category of "unobtainable" - I only hope they get their chips figured out before my build, because no Interactive Display is a game changer. I may have to buy a used one just for that reason.

Old 12-13-2021, 08:05 PM
Mudding
Received 95 Likes on 41 Posts

What is shown on the analog/digital display that comes in its place? You can't do navigation on it?

Old 12-13-2021, 11:14 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,302 Likes on 950 Posts

Originally Posted by AgentMir
What is shown on the analog/digital display that comes in its place? You can't do navigation on it?
You get the LR TrophyMap package as standard.

Old 12-13-2021, 11:21 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 212 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by sblvro
you are not picky. make sure it has all the gadgets if you are looking at this price point. al other vehicles have more options than the defender offers.
It’s not just Land Rover struggling with these things in fairness. Forums for pretty much every premium brand are littered with posts from customers disappointed that some of the more desirable options are unavailable. It sucks, but the grass isn’t really much greener elsewhere. For the time being we’re going to see this pretty much across the board.

Old 12-14-2021, 03:59 AM
Mudding
Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Quick Reply: No Interactive Display