Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered D110 X today!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2024, 02:01 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Ordered D110 X today!

Well I finally did it. I ordered my D110 X today. I was going to go with an X-Dynamic, but I ended up splurging on the 110 X. I wanted the larger screen it was it came down to. I was set on Eiger Grey, but was told it is discontinued for the 2025 model year. My next two choices were Silicon Silver and Carpathian Grey. The dealership had a Silicon Silver 110 X in the detail bay as it was just sold. I decided to go with the Silicon Silver. As much as I love the look of Carpathian Grey, I really love the contrast of the black hood/roof with the lighter paint color. It was the main reason I was going to go with Eiger Grey over Carpathian.

So now the waiting begins.

The following 7 users liked this post by D110Xd:
BD1 (04-13-2024), curb-optional (04-16-2024), Defendher (04-13-2024), JMF20 (04-13-2024), Nanozic (04-13-2024), The Phantom Menace (06-18-2024), wlindsey@gmail.com (04-13-2024) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-13-2024, 04:54 PM
Mudding
Received 82 Likes on 41 Posts

Congrats. When do you expect it to arrive?

Old 04-13-2024, 10:26 PM
Three Wheeling

They told me it’s looking like 6-7 months. They also said they should a have a little more information for me by Wednesday.

Old 04-16-2024, 11:11 AM
Mudding
Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

6-7 months! woa, that's a long time. Is it because you are ordering an X model?

Old 04-17-2024, 08:00 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats - You answered my question so as to why you can't get the big screen on an X - Dynamic. Here is a copy of a email I sent to the salesman as I done a test drive in one today. The model and trim designations on the hardtops (commercials) and the entire range is bewildering and even the salesmen are learning as they go. Have you any suggestions given that you have been through it all already.

I done up a build on the configurator and I was not sure how to save it but there was a download option which I clicked but it did not download to my downloads on my pc? Where do completed builds on the configurator download to? Also the configurator did not seem to give you any engine options. I would like to have the 300bph engine or at least price it but it only lists the 250 engine?

Perhaps if I could have a list of all the 110 commercial models. I am confused by all the models and what options are available and what comes as standard on each model. Is S, SE HSE etc the model designation and is X, X-dynamic a trim designation? The website does not make this clear at all.

Old 04-17-2024, 08:51 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by curb-optional
6-7 months! woa, that's a long time. Is it because you are ordering an X model?
I don’t know to be honest. I did see that if the car was built after May I couldn’t get Eiger Grey which was my first choice. I was really bummed about it. I do think Silicon Silver is a close match to that color in certain lighting and I am sure I’ll be happy with it.

Originally Posted by Alfaguy
Congrats - You answered my question so as to why you can't get the big screen on an X - Dynamic. Here is a copy of a email I sent to the salesman as I done a test drive in one today. The model and trim designations on the hardtops (commercials) and the entire range is bewildering and even the salesmen are learning as they go. Have you any suggestions given that you have been through it all already.

I done up a build on the configurator and I was not sure how to save it but there was a download option which I clicked but it did not download to my downloads on my pc? Where do completed builds on the configurator download to? Also the configurator did not seem to give you any engine options. I would like to have the 300bph engine or at least price it but it only lists the 250 engine?

Perhaps if I could have a list of all the 110 commercial models. I am confused by all the models and what options are available and what comes as standard on each model. Is S, SE HSE etc the model designation and is X, X-dynamic a trim designation? The website does not make this clear at all.
When you build on the configurator and you get to the summary page, there is an area about half way down the webpage that gives you the build URL that includes a build number. That is the saved build. I downloaded my personalized brochure which also had the same build number in the build URL and took it to the dealership when I placed my order. They used that to pull up my build and we used that to place the order.

With regards to the way the models are laid out, I personally think the way the models are laid out now are a little more straightforward than when they had the SE, HSE etc for X-Dynamic for example. Now it’s just S, SE, X-Dynamic, X, V8, etc, or at least here in the US. I don’t think we have the hardtops here, as I don’t see them on the US website and doubt they can be special ordered.

I was debating back and forth between the X-Dynamic and the X. I love black hood but I don't really care for black lettering of DEFENDER on the front of the hood with the extended black pack. I’m going to have the truck wrapped satin PPF over the Silicon Silver, and gloss PPF over the black when it arrives. At that time I’ll have the satin silver DEFENDER installed in place of the black lettering. That way there is a contrast on the hood and you can easily ready Defender. The satin silver is what the lettering would be if I didn’t order the extended black pack on the X. I’ve already ordered the part to replace the lettering even though it’s several months out before it arrives.

I also was going back and forth over the screen size. I wasn’t sure if I would be able to live with the 10” screen, and to be honest I probably could. I do prefer the cleaner look of the 10” screen how it fits nicely in the dash. The 11.4” just looks like it’s stuck there as an afterthought. However I think as the truck gets older I’ll probably appreciate the larger screen. Screens are getting bigger and bigger and I think it might age better because of that. I’m coming from a Tesla Model Y which has a 15” screen, and I definitely don’t need anything that big.

The following users liked this post:
The Phantom Menace (06-18-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 09:17 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,394 Likes on 688 Posts

Congrats! And for anyone on the fence about X vs X Dynamic based on screen size, I ordered a 2022 X-Dynamic in Feb 2021, when the 11" screen could be added for $140, iirc; a trivial amount whatever it was. I opted for the smaller screen for the aesthetics, and I've never considered the screen deficient in any way (at least not related to size. PIVI implementation and robustness are different matters.) I imagine it's one of those decisions that you forget about completely once you have your truck, no matter which route you go.

And I echo the Whoa! 6-7 months? comment. Mine was Feb 25 - June 28, 4 months almost exactly, and that was after the pandy shortages were in swing and I never saw a Defender on a dealer lot the entire time I was waiting for mine.

ba_ (04-18-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 10:01 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Congrats! And for anyone on the fence about X vs X Dynamic based on screen size, I ordered a 2022 X-Dynamic in Feb 2021, when the 11" screen could be added for $140, iirc; a trivial amount whatever it was. I opted for the smaller screen for the aesthetics, and I've never considered the screen deficient in any way (at least not related to size. PIVI implementation and robustness are different matters.) I imagine it's one of those decisions that you forget about completely once you have your truck, no matter which route you go.

And I echo the Whoa! 6-7 months? comment. Mine was Feb 25 - June 28, 4 months almost exactly, and that was after the pandy shortages were in swing and I never saw a Defender on a dealer lot the entire time I was waiting for mine.
I agree with you entirely, that I think the 10" screen is sufficient and looks way better aesthetically. The 11.4" looks as if it is stuck on the dash and out of place. As I am less than 2 years away from turning 50 and my eyesight clearly isn't what it was when I was younger, I do think I will like the larger screen size more as I am not required to wear corrective lenses to drive, however they do help for things close up like looking at the center screen. I also think it might help resale value down the line. It all comes down to personal preference I suppose.

I've asked the sales rep why the expected date of delivery is so far out and they said it has to do with their allocation and the amount of X models they get. There was one X model on the lot when I first went to test drive two months ago. There was another X model that was in the detail bay the day I placed my order as it had just been purchased. I wanted a specific color, which I clearly was unable to get since Eiger Grey is being discontinued. But even with the Silicon Silver, I wanted a specific build: D110 X, Silcon Silver (second choice), Vintage Tan interior, signature graphic in body color, Extended Black Exterior, 20" Satin Grey wheels with all-terrain tires, body colored spare wheel cover, rough walnut veneer, Meridian surround, towing pack, comfort/convenience pack, cold climate pack, and 3-zone climate with rear cooling assist (for my dogs). I could've gone with or without cold climate. There was nothing like this around me so I placed a custom order and I really don't mind the wait. I've ordered from other auto manufactures before so I am used to the process. My current vehicle is paid off and runs perfectly fine so I am not in a rush to replace.

My current DD is a Tesla Model Y Performance and my parents recently moved to Lake Havasu, AZ. I live in SoCal so the drive should be about 3.5-3.75 hours to their house door to door (225 miles one way). With my Tesla, which was supposedly rated at 303 miles of range when I purchased it, I have to charge twice each way, making my trip 4-5 hours, each way. I make this trip once a month and I am over the charging hassle when road tripping. I think EVs are great around town, but for any kind of long distance, the tech isn't there yet, IMO. When I get on the road, I want to get there without having to stop, especially twice. I could drive much slower to maybe make it so I only have to stop once, but that still makes my trip take longer than it should. I kind of gone off topic, so I'll stop here. If anything wants me to speed up the delivery of the D110X, it's commuting back and forth from/to AZ to/from CA.

Old 04-18-2024, 10:12 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,394 Likes on 688 Posts

^^ Well, yeah, I get that you ordered specific stuff -- that's what "ordered a car" means, otherwise we'd just take what they have on the lot. I ordered mine with a bunch of specific stuff, and I deleted several things that are usually included at this option level (like Adaptive Cruise) because I don't like it. But I was just saying, for "custom orders" I''m surprised the current lead time is so much longer than it was for me back when nobody could get a Defender anywhere on a dealer's lot. I would have thought that by now smoke would be pouring out of the factory smokestacks 24 hours a day, and 3-4 month lead times would be the norm again (my last pre-pandy Porsche order was 15 weeks, a Jeep ordered right before that was 12.)

Cheers!

curb-optional (04-24-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 10:18 AM
Three Wheeling

You'd think. This definitely would be the longest order to delivery time for me if it does take 6-7 months. MB took 3 months & VW took 3 months (pre-covid), and Telsa 2.5 months in the height of covid. So we'll see. Fingers crossed.

Quick Reply: Ordered D110 X today!