Ordered a Defender 130

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2022, 01:50 PM
4wd Low
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TrioLRowner
Thanks for sharing.

I love the barn -- very nice !!

I like the dual colors on the 130 -- really works with the black and green. Accentuates the length (which I think is cool -- if you got it, flaunt it). Like the green of the grass and of the 130 -- and the wheels.

I do miss the signature sky window (or whatever it is called), but only after someone else mentioned it. Otherwise I would not have noticed, I expect. (Likely, JLR just could not realistically manage it -- for some structural reason.)

I am approaching 40K miles on my P110 and it just does NOT have enough room. For hauling, my three row LR4s win out easily -- without question.

So, maybe when the LR4s are through ....?

Enjoy !!
the barn is my mates house, I’ll let him know!

we needed the extra space for dogs, kids, bikes, holidays etc and didn’t see the point in getting a 110 or discovery, as we also run a pickup which has a massive boot.

this is definitely the family wagon and we hope to use the full 8 seats soon when extended family visit.

the colour works really well I think, and perhaps the proportions are better on this than the 110, now I’ve seen it.

The following 3 users liked this post by Meniscus47:
EasternShoreDefender (10-27-2022), Royalist (10-27-2022), TrioLRowner (10-27-2022)
Old 10-27-2022, 01:55 PM
Received 177 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Meniscus47
I am not sure they come as a pair, actually, as we ordered both front and back but only the back were in stock. I’ll have the front ones fitted next week when they arrive.

pretty sure we paid for them as a separate pair I.e not a full set.
Interesting. In the US it was sold as the "Exterior Protection Pack" and didnt specify if it was both but the online mock up showed both front and rear.

I've never been to Shrewsbury but I've been just south to Ludlow to attend the Christmas Fayre. Wonderful time and beautiful area.

The following users liked this post:
Royalist (10-27-2022)
Old 10-28-2022, 01:25 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 185 Likes on 109 Posts

Update on mine, Built on the 25th:

EasternShoreDefender (11-21-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 02:27 PM
Drifting
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I am on the exact same timeline as this - heard today mine was on the “Morning Lynn” ship - bet yours is too!

Originally Posted by Royalist
Update on mine, Built on the 25th:

The following 2 users liked this post by Rcf75:
EasternShoreDefender (11-21-2022), Royalist (11-21-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 09:59 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Meniscus47
Posting this as it may help anyone who is waiting for their new 130, and is curious on deliveries.

Had our new defender D300

130 X-Dynamic SE delivered today.
ordered June 6 2022, we were first on the order books at our local dealer in Shrewsbury.

The usual bits are missing, such as the charging points in 2nd row and sunglasses holder. I’m not sure if it should be there but there’s no 110v in the boot.

very pleased with the vehicle. It’s excellent and doesn’t feel as big as it looks.

Shrewsbury UK, not USA
That color looks amazing! It really pops on the 130. After driving mine a few days the color is about the only thing I'd change, Carpathian grey is fine but that looks really good. I need to get mud flaps as mine is already dirty just from my driveway.

I think the 110v outlet is part of the off road pack. Mine is also missing all of the mid and rear power ports and sunglasses holder but has the cargo110v outlet and 12v power port. It also came with the hangar and hook that attach to the seats, which is interesting but of fairly dubious utility.

Royalist (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 10:02 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by bobzdar
That color looks amazing! It really pops on the 130. After driving mine a few days the color is about the only thing I'd change, Carpathian grey is fine but that looks really good. I need to get mud flaps as mine is already dirty just from my driveway.

I think the 110v outlet is part of the off road pack. Mine is also missing all of the mid and rear power ports and sunglasses holder but has the cargo110v outlet and 12v power port. It also came with the hangar and hook that attach to the seats, which is interesting but of fairly dubious utility.
Yeah you got a launch stock unit. There is a lot more availability for 130's now in non-launch stock configs.

EasternShoreDefender (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 10:42 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, they had 2 others that were non first edition x-dynamic se models but this was the only one with the off road pack, which was a must have for me. I configured an x-dynamic with the same options that this has and it came out to $600 more and doesn't have the heated 3rd row or clearsight mirror, so I guess it's a decent package. I'd have specified lantau bronze and dark grey wheels along with the climate rear seats, not bothered with extended leather, walnut wood, the rear seat accessory pack or the emergency pack, but otherwise it would have been the same, so really close and no wait and similar in price to what I'd have ordered. There's definitely something to be said for ordering the exact config you want, though. When I configure the exact model I have, the msrp is $2500 higher on the land Rover configurator, so not sure what to trust there.

Royalist (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 11:14 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by bobzdar
Yeah, they had 2 others that were non first edition x-dynamic se models but this was the only one with the off road pack, which was a must have for me. I configured an x-dynamic with the same options that this has and it came out to $600 more and doesn't have the heated 3rd row or clearsight mirror, so I guess it's a decent package. I'd have specified lantau bronze and dark grey wheels along with the climate rear seats, not bothered with extended leather, walnut wood, the rear seat accessory pack or the emergency pack, but otherwise it would have been the same, so really close and no wait and similar in price to what I'd have ordered. There's definitely something to be said for ordering the exact config you want, though. When I configure the exact model I have, the msrp is $2500 higher on the land Rover configurator, so not sure what to trust there.
Yeah I feel ya, I'm most likely going with a 90 actually, my 130 is just going to be too expensive with current interest rates, I'll have to see.

Old 12-02-2022, 06:40 AM
Received 177 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Royalist
Yeah I feel ya, I'm most likely going with a 90 actually, my 130 is just going to be too expensive with current interest rates, I'll have to see.
What!? You're out of the 130 club before it's arrived?

Royalist (12-02-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 11:58 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

Gotta say, seeing a recent 90 has me more excited than the 130. I've invested too much of my finances & heart in my 110, but if anything ever put me in the mood to go back to the Dealer - I'd order a 90. Everyone has a different set of uses for the Defender. The interior doesn't store enough so I've committed myself to Overlanding with a trailer. If I'm towing that, might as well do it with a 90 and have a lot more off-roading fun when not towing and run around fun without the weight. Sarek's 90 has inspired me a whole lot more than the 130's. Of course, I'm as fickle as the next guy. I saw on Insta the tease of someone who is making the first "convertible" Defender. If the 130 ever comes with a "true" 130 pickup bed, I might bite!

Last edited by GrouseK9; 12-02-2022 at 12:10 PM.
Royalist (12-02-2022)

Quick Reply: Ordered a Defender 130