Sponsored by:

Ordering help for new Defender

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2023, 11:26 AM
Mudding
Received 51 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Ordering help for new Defender

Hi guys,

I think I have the bug for a new 110 Defender. Thinking of ordering soon! I’m coming over from the JL Wrangler forum. 22” Jeep Rubicon. Now we have a certain group of Jeep dealers that when ordering, Give us below invoice pricing! Does this exist at all with ordering a Defender? Is msrp the best to be had? By the way, I am located in Florida. Any tips for ordering will be greatly appreciated. Thx in advance!

Old 05-14-2023, 04:08 PM
Winching
Received 293 Likes on 190 Posts

Just as a matter of interest, why are you swapping your Jeep for a Defender.

l love my Defender 90 Commercial but considered swapping it for a Wrangler LWB. lt was only the fact that the Jeep isn't a "Commercial Vehicle" so l can't put it through my LTD company that kicked the plan into touch.

l love the look of the Wrangler, well apart from the huge front bumper/fender but that can be replaced

Old 05-14-2023, 07:20 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by lightning
Just as a matter of interest, why are you swapping your Jeep for a Defender.

l love my Defender 90 Commercial but considered swapping it for a Wrangler LWB. lt was only the fact that the Jeep isn't a "Commercial Vehicle" so l can't put it through my LTD company that kicked the plan into touch.

l love the look of the Wrangler, well apart from the huge front bumper/fender but that can be replaced
Honestly, this is my 2nd Rubicon. After long hauls, I really wish I had a little more comfort & also miss driving over 70mph sometimes. In both cases with the Jeep. It takes a little more than usual attention behind the wheel to track straight. Years ago I owned a Range Rover & loved the ride with air suspension & I miss that. Recently took a Defender 110 for a test drive & ahhhh the air suspension/comfort! Don’t get me wrong both Jeeps have been great & very reliable. No issues besides my sky one touch roof, recently had a leak which was fixed by the dealer under warranty. So I guess short answer is, would like a change & definitely don’t mind the the refinement & luxury ride of a rover.

Last edited by dshark1; 05-14-2023 at 07:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ficklma1 (05-15-2023)
Old 05-15-2023, 12:31 AM
Drifting
Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dshark1
Hi guys,

I think I have the bug for a new 110 Defender. Thinking of ordering soon! I’m coming over from the JL Wrangler forum. 22” Jeep Rubicon. Now we have a certain group of Jeep dealers that when ordering, Give us below invoice pricing! Does this exist at all with ordering a Defender? Is msrp the best to be had? By the way, I am located in Florida. Any tips for ordering will be greatly appreciated. Thx in advance!
I have a Defender 110 P300 Coming in August. I'm coming out of a 2022 Wrangler 4XE Rubicon and excited about the nicer ride, interior and the options you can add on to the Land Rover. I drive a lot for work and the Wrangler is just not giving me the highway ride I want. I had a 2021 Defender 110 Standard as a rental car when I got rear ended. I had the rental for 40 days and loved it and the ride.I work with dealerships here in Colorado and called around in Colorado plus out of state dealers and MSRP will be the best deal sadly for the any Land Rover.

ficklma1 (05-15-2023)
Old 05-15-2023, 03:39 AM
Winching
Received 293 Likes on 190 Posts

That's worth knowing thank you both.

l spend a lot of time on tarmac so may be better keeping my Defender

Although previously l had a 2005 Defender 110 so anything would be good on tarmac after that.

Old 05-15-2023, 08:19 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by ColoradoGuy
I have a Defender 110 P300 Coming in August. I'm coming out of a 2022 Wrangler 4XE Rubicon and excited about the nicer ride, interior and the options you can add on to the Land Rover. I drive a lot for work and the Wrangler is just not giving me the highway ride I want. I had a 2021 Defender 110 Standard as a rental car when I got rear ended. I had the rental for 40 days and loved it and the ride.I work with dealerships here in Colorado and called around in Colorado plus out of state dealers and MSRP will be the best deal sadly for the any Land Rover.
Glad to hear your good review on the Defender. Exactly the reasons, U listed above, that makes me want one! Yes, I have been calling around & msrp seems to be the best. Thx again for your input.

Old 05-15-2023, 09:37 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by dshark1
...Now we have a certain group of Jeep dealers that when ordering, Give us below invoice pricing! Does this exist at all with ordering a Defender? Is msrp the best to be had? By the way, I am located in Florida.
Also in Florida and we've purchased 4 new cars in the last year and a half. Bronco at $2k below sticker + a ton of free accessories (out of state). BMW at $1500 off + free wheel & tire, dent, and windshield pkg. (out of state because nobody here could get it). Porsche at $3k off plus wheel and tire pkg and PPF.

The point of that is I'm pretty okay at finding a deal but the best I could do on the Defender was sticker. I called Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville dealers and they weren't great. Ended up buying from Land Rover Ft Myers. Ryan was excellent to work with. We had a handshake deal on the price. Sticker with no fees at all. When sticker went up while it was on order, they took $2000 off and honored the original price from the build without me having to ask. Unfortunately I think they are now $10k over sticker but you might want to call.
​​​​
Also, Veronica at Land Rover Tampa is excellent if she's still there. Incredibly knowledgeable. I would have ordered through her but, at the time, they didn't have allocation.

Realistically, it probably still comes down to who has an earlier allocation that can still be changed. That's can make a several-month difference. Good luck!

The following 2 users liked this post by _Allegedly:
dshark1 (05-15-2023), ficklma1 (05-15-2023)
Old 05-15-2023, 09:39 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by _Allegedly
Also in Florida and we've purchased 4 new cars in the last year and a half. Bronco at $2k below sticker + a ton of free accessories (out of state). BMW at $1500 off + free wheel & tire, dent, and windshield pkg. (out of state because nobody here could get it). Porsche at $3k off plus wheel and tire pkg and PPF.

The point of that is I'm pretty okay at finding a deal but the best I could do on the Defender was sticker. I called Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville dealers and they weren't great. Ended up buying from Land Rover Ft Myers. Ryan was excellent to work with. We had a handshake deal on the price. Sticker with no fees at all. When sticker went up while it was on order, they took $2000 off and honored the original price from the build without me having to ask. Unfortunately I think they are now $10k over sticker but you might want to call.
​​​​
Also, Veronica at Land Rover Tampa is excellent if she's still there. Incredibly knowledgeable. I would have ordered through her but, at the time, they didn't have allocation.

Realistically, it probably still comes down to who has an earlier allocation that can still be changed. That's can make a several-month difference. Good luck!
Hey man , Thx so much for the helpful info. Highly appreciated!

_Allegedly (05-15-2023)
Old 05-15-2023, 01:21 PM
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had a good experience at Land Rover Jacksonville. I got my 110 X-Dynamic at MSRP and they gave me fair trade value on my outgoing Wrangler Sahara.

The following 2 users liked this post by DrAlanGrant:
dshark1 (05-15-2023), ficklma1 (05-15-2023)
Old 05-15-2023, 08:06 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by DrAlanGrant
I had a good experience at Land Rover Jacksonville. I got my 110 X-Dynamic at MSRP and they gave me fair trade value on my outgoing Wrangler Sahara.
Thx for your input. Greatly appreciated! Just to update. Went ahead & placed my order today on a 24” P300 @ msrp …. Now the wait begins!

Last edited by dshark1; 05-15-2023 at 08:10 PM.
ficklma1 (05-16-2023)

Quick Reply: Ordering help for new Defender