Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A-Pillar flying Off????

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2023, 07:26 AM
Drifting
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default A-Pillar flying Off????

In a WTF moment this morning I was driving down MD 270 and heard a wicked bit of banging slowed down thinking I had run over something and noticed my passenger A-Pillar was hanging on for dear life. Was close enough to my exit that I kept going and this is what it looked like.

A-Pillar coming apart.

Anyone else ever had this come off while driving? I put it back in place, but it now doesn't seem very solidly in place and I'm hoping I can make it to the dealer without it completely detaching.

Old 06-29-2023, 09:37 AM
4wd Low
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

It's a known issue. There's a TSB for this. Also includes noise dampening. I'm sure someone on the forum who is far better briefed and resourced can pop it up for you on here...

I found a random reference number in my notes on my phone. Looks like it might be "SSM 74826 - L663"? Try that with dealer. But I'm sure they'll already know how to handle this given it's frequency.

CW

The following 2 users liked this post by cfw3rd:
GrouseK9 (06-29-2023), Lnberger (06-29-2023)
Old 06-29-2023, 10:12 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 211 Likes on 117 Posts

Don't get me wrong but maybe a bit of research in the Forum posts before asking? Tons of info and discussion on this are available.

The following users liked this post:
WTFChuck (06-29-2023)
Old 06-29-2023, 10:17 AM
4wd Low
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mrego
Don't get me wrong but maybe a bit of research in the Forum posts before asking? Tons of info and discussion on this are available.
For sure. But coming from someone who hasn't been on a forum since my NSX ownership days...everything else has progressed technologically except these forum UI's. They are but cumbersome. I usually search as well, but often the results require more work to navigate than just tossing the question out there. Ultimately, all's well that ends well...as long as he gets it fixed promptly, I'll be happy.

Old 06-29-2023, 10:32 AM
Drifting

Apologies, but I was a tad bit traumatized this morning after having this thing pop off at 70 MPH. Literally walked into the office and headed straight to the post button on the forum. I had heard about windshield noise, but I had never seen mention of the pillar actually coming loose/off, and thought this was something different.

Originally Posted by mrego

Old 06-29-2023, 11:54 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 69 Likes on 26 Posts

It happened to me. My painted piece popped off though and I had to have it replaced and painted. Dealer took care of everything pretty quickly.

Old 06-29-2023, 12:19 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

This exact thing happened to me a few months ago on the highway. I've been driving around with the piece off for a few months as I didn't have time to take it to the dealer.

Old 06-29-2023, 04:51 PM
Drifting

Took it to the dealer this evening and they temporarily repaired it, but said the pillar will need to be replaced as a few clips were sheared off when it popped loose. They will do permanent fix after the 4th.

Appreciate input folks provided here as it was helpful while speaking with the SA.

The following users liked this post:
WAFOX (06-30-2023)
Old 06-30-2023, 12:12 PM
Mudding
Received 100 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by cfw3rd
For sure. But coming from someone who hasn't been on a forum since my NSX ownership days...everything else has progressed technologically except these forum UI's. They are but cumbersome. I usually search as well, but often the results require more work to navigate than just tossing the question out there. Ultimately, all's well that ends well...as long as he gets it fixed promptly, I'll be happy.
There are times when I do a search and nothing comes up, so you do a new post. And then like magic all these related topics show up under your post 🤦‍♂️

Old 07-02-2023, 07:47 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 682 Likes on 410 Posts

Also, when you replace your cracked windshield, be sure the glass shop installs new A-pillar trim clips. If you reuse the old ones the trim will fly off.

Quick Reply: A-Pillar flying Off????