Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pivi Pro 3.3.0

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2022, 01:43 PM
Mudding
Received 108 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Pivi Pro 3.3.0

This just installed for us in US. Looks like a lot of improvements listed in the release notes.

The following users liked this post:
Royalist (08-19-2022)
Old 08-19-2022, 02:50 PM
Mudding
Received 76 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by MattEvan
This just installed for us in US. Looks like a lot of improvements listed in the release notes.
What are the improvements?

Old 08-19-2022, 03:12 PM
Drifting
Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

Here's the full writeup:Vehicle software update is available

Name: OS 3.3.0

Estimated installation time: 0 h 45 m

Included in this release are performance enhancements to the

Pivi infotainment system along with stability improvements to Amazon AlexaTM, Apple CarPlayTM, Android AutoTM and connectivity improvements.

This release also includes a number of new and improved features.

What's new:

- Additional options for assigning to the steering wheel favourite button (diamond icon) Available options vary by vehicle specification and model year.

- New control added to the navigation home tile to allow easier back and forth switching between Pivi Pro navigation and Apple CarPlay / Android Auto navigation apps.

- Revised start-up/shut-down experience: Welcome screen shown earlier and touchscreen remains on for longer after vehicle shutdown to allow settings to be changed at end of journey.

Additional controls available via the Pivi speech recognition system:

- Heated and cooled seat control e.g. "Hey <wake word> set passenger seat heating to 2'

- Place of interest support improvements e.g. "Hey <wake-up word> I'm hungry" or "Hey <wake-up word> find a coffee shop near me"

- Turn navigation voice guidance on/ off e.g. "Hey <wake-up word> voice guidance on/off"

Navigation improvements:

- Improved Pivi Pro navigation experience for commutes.

- View traffic on your commute in the homescreen navigation panel.

- ETA (estimated time of arrival) information added to the homescreen and Interactive Driver Display when in a commute.

- General commutes performance improvement including 'auto start commutes'

- Personalised Routes - With the system having learnt your regular routes (Learn My Routes enabled in navigation settings), Personalised Routes (enabled in navigation settings) will aim to incorporate the roads you know best into your journeys towards regular destinations.

- Enhanced Smart Voice Guidance experience (enabled in navigation settings along with Personalised Routes): Provides voice guidance only on the sections of your route you are less familiar with e.g when traveling towards home on roads you're familiar with voice guidance will automatically mute. If diverted on to unfamiliar roads, voice guidance automatically unmutes.

- Waypoint information is now also shown in the home tile.

- 11.4 and 13.1" screens only: More effective use of the available screen area used by the navigation support panels.

General Improvements:

- Improved calibration for wireless charging when used with Apple MagSafe devices.

- Multiple UI/UX improvements.

- Multiple usability enhancements to the USB media interface.

EV vehicle only improvements:

- Select the preferred minimum charge level (charge comfort level) the navigation system uses in planning charging stops.

- Improvement to the accuracy of the predicted range when a destination is set.

- The recommended charge level when arriving at a charge stop is shown for longer.

- Significant performance improvement to the range map (shown only when no destination is set).

- Charge Station Brand Filters. From saved destinations, you can now access the list of 'Providers Preferences' and select your preference for each brand from preferred to avoid. Searches for charge stations will then be ordered accordingly.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

- Live Apps such as Weather & Parking (where available) will be deleted as part of the update. These are typically automatically downloaded and updated on the next available journey (subject to connectivity).

- PHEV / BEV vehicles only: Please disconnect the vehicle charger and ensure the vehicle battery has a minimum charge level of 25% before starting the update.

The following 7 users liked this post by ponder:
Elektrapops (08-22-2022), Huc (10-07-2022), LRDEF2LR (08-26-2022), Royalist (08-19-2022), spritekk (08-20-2022), SVR51 (08-20-2022), XCELLER8 (08-19-2022) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-19-2022, 03:31 PM
Mudding

Awesome! Thank you for posting that! 👍👍

Old 08-19-2022, 04:02 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

Curious to see what options are available for the customizable “diamond” button on the steering wheel.

Old 08-19-2022, 04:03 PM
Mudding
Received 108 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by BRW110
Curious to see what options are available for the customizable “diamond” button on the steering wheel.
Climate seats is one of the new ones!

The following users liked this post:
Royalist (08-19-2022)
Old 08-19-2022, 04:51 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by MattEvan
Climate seats is one of the new ones!
Wow! Very nice!

Now if they could only get those to kick on during remote start… 🤞🤞

The following 2 users liked this post by Jrunr619:
JmeDefndr24 (08-31-2022), this_account_is_mt (08-26-2022)
Old 08-19-2022, 07:51 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 252 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrunr619
Wow! Very nice!

Now if they could only get those to kick on during remote start… 🤞🤞
That would be super, they still have some time before winter hits so maybe for the next update. The - Revised start-up/shut-down experience: Welcome screen shown earlier and touchscreen remains on for longer after vehicle shutdown to allow settings to be changed at end of journey. This is a good thing and needed to be looked at, I'm glad they've attempted to listen to feedback. Haven't had a chance to retest this yet.

Edit: I had the vehicle off and the radio on yesterday, after a period of time a pop-up alert slid out from the left side of the screen that allowed me to keep things on. This behavior is far better now so I'm very happy LR listened to customer feedback and addressed it.

Last edited by Chief65; 08-24-2022 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-19-2022, 10:27 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,251 Likes on 671 Posts

Although I hope the radio still turns off when you open the door to get out... ?

Old 08-20-2022, 07:02 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by nashvegas
Although I hope the radio still turns off when you open the door to get out... ?
I updated yesterday. The radio still turns off when you open the door to get out (engine off).

One change I noticed this morning that I like. If you pressed the button on the passenger side to turn the media off, it used to be that when you next started the engine, the media would come back on, now it stays off across starts. I did not like that the radio would always come on when you started the engine.

Quick Reply: Pivi Pro 3.3.0